Ar4gOrN

Which do you like more?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Revan. Former Dark Lord ftw!
    • The Exile pwns 3 Sith Lords! I like him/her better
    • Meh, they're both pretty cool, but I don't have a fave
    • They're both total nubzors.

I like the Exile more, because I started out playing as the Exile in TSL and finished up as the Exile in TSL. In KotOR I started out playing as Mason Khan, but finished up playing as Revan.

I began playing KotOR as Shayla Varn. I ended it playing Revan.

I began playing the Sith Lords as Isan Ilar. I ended it playing Isan Ilar.

The Exile wins in my books.

Heh, is ther an echo in here? :lol:

You guys make a good point, but it's not enough, in my opinion, to make me like one more than the other. However, the fact that I like TSL far more than KotOR does put me a little in favor of the Exile.

Well, I'm going to vote Revan. He's a stronger personality, and it's much easier to identify with him than it is with the exile, who keeps hiding things from me that I really should know, if I'm to identify with the character.

Also, I could argue that the exile is a weaker personlity, since he/she is in denial about his/her entire past throughout the game and doesn't even realize his/her own choices at Malachor V. I'm not going to hold that against the exile, though - it's bold and intersting that they dared to do that in TSL. However, since exile is now canonically female, I will hold that against her, since the male exile's story was far more interesting IMHO. Therefore Revan wins in my book. It's a close call, but making the exile canonically female definitely counts against her for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Revan.

In KotOR 1, Revan was a cool character who was working on a secret mission. He then found his True Identity, unlocked his power, adn used it to save the Republic, while he went to fight the True Sith. The cool character, but the subtle kind of cool, in a strange way.

In KotOR2, they made him sound like an uber-cool kickass Jedi who brought down an entire Space Station and routed the Mandalorians single-handedly, and is like the "King of the Galaxy." That may sound cheesy, but the way Obsidian did it (especially with a LSMale and LsFemale Revan) they made it look like the coolest Jedi ever, and basically made him the Protagonist for that time period in the galaxy!

Revan rox my sox! Exile rox my sox too, but he doesn't have the presence, the "heroism," the Superhero persentation, or the cool black suit to be uber-awesome like Revan is.

So, my closing statement: Revan and Exile roc my sox! :)

I have always liked Revan more, because he was a Dark Lord (OR could still be one.), He had the Jedi Council at his feet for a time (They wanted him to kill Malak.), He was a very good stragdetist (I am also a very good stratdgy player.) Has a cooloer background. I also got my level 20 Revan (no mods) more powerful than my level 26 Exile (no mods).

The Exile because I think more time was put into his/her character (background, why he/she was exiled, etc). I think it would've been fun to start KOTOR2 as Revan that way you could either 1)rid the galaxy of the Sith and stop them from taking over or 2)destroy those that dare to question your ah-thor-ri-tie.

• 1 month later...

Like Jediphile said, I didn't get to know what kind of a person Exile was (before gameplay starts). Yes the Exile knows Bao-Dur, but does the PLAYER gets ANY sort of background information about Bao-Dur before playing about 3/4th through the game? No.

Upon first meeting him, most people would say "Who the hell is that half-robotic gray Darth Maul-ish guy?" and until you have some more conversation with him, how could you ever find out that you were a general @ Malachor V and he served you?

But all that aside, I prefer Revan because as a Sith lord he was the only one that has shown both charisma and characteristic strong enough to compete with Darth Vader himself. (And yes, I prefer Darth Vader over Revan, but he's Vader for god's sake :p)

Revan and Malak were ambitious. They had goals and fought for them. Exile and the Sith Triumvirate, on the other hand, are miserable. Other than Kreia, all of 'em look caught up in the galactic turmoil. They simply stand there, try to accomplish nothing. Exile fights and kills her way through, but she seems driven by survival instict and not by ambition. So much for the "natural leader" bull. The true leader is Revan. Checking out her past, we see Exile was a follower of Revan anyway.

Revan is cool, powerful, charismatic, yada yada but above all, he's a strong character who is perfectly fit for the SW universe. Better yet, he has the potential of shaping it at his discretion. Because he's determined. On the contrary, Exile almost seems on the verge of saying "Leave me the hell alone!" and giving up.

I voted for Revan. I also identify with him easier, like Jediphile said. And besides, he's got charisma, determination and he's probably the most powerful Force-user of his Era. He also saved the Republic twice...maybe he'll save it a third time as well.

Its should be noted that Revan didnt exactly "Fall" to the Dark Side, I think Kreia mentions it, dont know where but she does, that Revan didnt fall he rather Embrace it for a greater good, much like GO-TO describes it, Revan was Visinary (however you spell it) and saw a greater use of the Republic and the Star Forge in his Battle against the True Sith, unlike Malak who was stereotypical Sith Lord who only sought to crush the Galaxy beneth his heel and like most stereotypical Sith Lords got killed for it, its well documented that Sith Lords that try eventually get killed, which was not the case to what happend to Sidious and Vader, they conquered the Galaxy but didnt utterly destroy, cuz what are you gonna conquer if you destroy everything?

And as it was said in one of my favorite quotes about Revan "To the become the Galaxy´s greatest Hero, he had to become Its greatest Villan"

In my mind, Revan´s idea was to "Unify" the Republic by conquering it and turning it agaisnt the threat he saw in the Unknow Regions, most likely the True Sith, some might say Revan used both the Light and Dark Side for the better of Galaxy.

But the Exile played a very large role in the Mandalorian Wars as she was Revan right-hand women(thought this kinda plot is often put on males but its cool, women should probably deserve to be in spotlight of this things sometimes) afterall she was the General that lead to the Mandalorians ultimate defeat by using the Mass Shadow Generator, but also ended killing most of republic allies aswell, and it was she who help defend the Galaxy in Revan´s absense, and perhaps I think Revan had anticapated this somewhere along his planing, but now The Exile has followed Revan´s footsteps by heading in to the Unknow Regions and like Revan she couldnt take her loved ones and companions with her, so if there will be a KotOR III they either put you back on the Track to find Revan as the Exile, which I doubt by the way and they certanly wont put you back on control as Revan (RPG element of Character creation is thrown out the window like that) so Im guessing if it happens it might a whole new character who probably knew Revan and the Exile or perhaps could have been a Padawan of Revan or the Exile, how know but I hope its that way.

Archived