Home

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)

Jae Onasi

Now I feel guilty about reviving the girl in the hospital with my own blood, only to never to her that I'm vampire. I guess this is what it feels like to impregnate someone. >_>

I want to say something, but I know that I shouldn't. ;)

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yes Jae, the haunted house was scary. It gave off the same vibes as in any other horror-adventure game (The 11th Hour, especially), but took it even further, especially with real-time graphics. The moving toy horse scared the hell out of me. :ohdear:

Heh, wait til you play it as a MAlkavian. I can only play the Ocean House section of the game during the day--it's way too creepy at night. :D

The haunted house is legendary. It's funny that you're this badassed vampire and the ghost just doesn't care. :p

Wesp messes around with it in the "plus" patch and manages to keep it interesting by throwing in a few more surprises like the ghost appearing behind you a couple of times when you turn around (FREAKY) without ruining it.

I just got to downtown and started the mudd hunt quest, which eventually led me to a crime scene with a hobo as the witness. Whenever I speak to the hobo and exit, my character walks to an area of the room, and is no longer able to move. Anyone know how to fix or avoid this bug (I tried talking to the hobo from different points as well)?

You're one of the few. I didn't think that it was hair-raisingly scary, but it certainly kept me on edge and managed to startle me a few times, like when I turned around and saw the ghost behind me. I didn't really think about the whole whether or not murdering helpless innocent people makes someone a badass or not, as I was rather preoccupied at the time. My point was that the ghost isn't afraid of you, even with your being a monster and all.

@Kyp: I'm afraid you're screwed. :(

I just got to downtown and started the mudd hunt quest, which eventually led me to a crime scene with a hobo as the witness. Whenever I speak to the hobo and exit, my character walks to an area of the room, and is no longer able to move. Anyone know how to fix or avoid this bug (I tried talking to the hobo from different points as well)?
You could try using cheats to warp to another area. I don't recall seeing that bug before. What version are you using?

You could try using cheats to warp to another area. I don't recall seeing that bug before. What version are you using?

v6.4, I'll try warping to another area.

Edit: What is the code for it? I found a code that is "teleport_player," however when I type something like Mercurio, it says entity not found. And when I type something like Santa Monica it says supply: an entity to teleport to or a X Y Z coordinate?

v6.4, I'll try warping to another area.

Edit: What is the code for it? I found a code that is "teleport_player," however when I type something like Mercurio, it says entity not found. And when I type something like Santa Monica it says supply: an entity to teleport to or a X Y Z coordinate?

Try:

changelevel2 la_hub_1 taxi_landmark

That should warp you right next to the taxi in the Downtown LA area.

Try:

changelevel2 la_hub_1 taxi_landmark

That should warp you right next to the taxi in the Downtown LA area.

It worked! Thank you, and thank you to all the people that gave me advice on how to fix that bug.

Did I mention that stoffe and DP probably know a hell of a lot more about he console than I do? :p

Let's see--givexp, buddha, noclip (to get through those stupid warrens) and maybe for the guys (or girls so inclined) 'money' are the only console codes required.

I usually only use noclip for the Hallowbrook Hotel because it's usually so damn bugged that there's no other way to get through it. Oh, and to get through that door in the temple.

People gripe about the Warrens a lot, but I like the claustrophic feeling that they give me. Try going through them as a Gangrel with warform (Batboy!). They're actually a ton of fun then. :D

Gangrel is always fun, animalism for when you want to be stealthy (or sadistic), endurance for when you want to take more punishment than Stalingrad, and warform for dishing out pain. More importantly, no "I win button" (celerity/blood magic). Oh, and you might actually get to experience frenzy, which, given your incredible bonuses, gives you that "monstah" feeling the others lack (especially if it happens after activating warform and endurance).

Let's see--givexp, buddha, noclip (to get through those stupid warrens) and maybe for the guys (or girls so inclined) 'money' are the only console codes required.

Thank sfor useful tips! especially for "money"!:)

Archived