Home

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)

Jae Onasi

I've been doing melee, too--since you can't kill other vampires as quickly with ranged as with blades, I thought it made more sense to go with what works best against the bosses. The fireaxe does some nice damage.

Got the Venus quests done, too. I'm off to the museum, and then I think I'll go check out the hospital and a few other places.

You can always spend money on blood packs. I don't use them very often, but they've come in handy a few times.

Oh, if you're like me and like checking out every single place you can--I read in a walkthrough not to go into the Nocturne Theater until you get the quest, or the game will crash when you do get the quest. Don't know if that got fixed in the patch.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the Venus quests done, too. I'm off to the museum, and then I think I'll go check out the hospital and a few other places.

Visit the abandoned hospital in the Downtown district before you head off the the museum on Lacroix mission. One of the quests you'll get in the hospital will take place at the museum, and you can't return there again once you've been there.

NO, Jae!! If you want to get your hands on at least one interesting and useful item, do not, I repeat, do not go to the museum before visiting the abandoned hospital!! There's a questgiver there and one of the quests requires you to take something from the museum.

Edit: I see stoffe and I think alike. :D

I went ahead and put down 20 bucks for the steam version, and installed the unofficial patch. I'm playing a Tremere Male, and so far it's a neato game.

I'm still in Santa Monica

Theresa just killed Jeanette. I kinda miss her... Apparently, you can bang her if you say the right things when you first meet.

I find the combat controls slightly clunky (most reviews I read said as much), and all the loading sucks (though it's only a few seconds). They should make a new next-gen VtM game. Be neat.

Does anyone else get a little echo when characters speak? I really noticed it in the opening with the Prince.

Me too :) Looks like I caught up with you.

The short cutscene at the end makes you feel triumphant in an Incredible Hulk sort of way.

Btw, Achilles thanks for the music tips... I might try those soon. Still liking "Isolated" everytime I walk into Asylum. :)

vv--- yep :)

I like Isolated too. It was hard replacing it, but at the end of the day, I like Flesh just as well.

PS: Does everyone know that you can make your vamp dance in the clubs? Walk onto the dance floor and you will get a dance option pop-up for your action screen. Pardon if that was already common knowledge.

@Jae & Stoffe: Grout's mansion is probably one of my favorite sections of the game. I just finished 3 playthroughs a couple of months ago, or I'd join you :D

Re: Melee vs Ranged weapons - the discussion is completely over after you've used the bush hook for a stealth kill :D

Yeah, and as tk pointed out, the dancing is a _lot_ better than in Kotor. :D

You get a humanity point if you dance long enough, too (about 5 minutes or so), 2 points if you're a Toreador.

I had fun shooting out glass windows to get the little relic in the museum. Pisha's one scary chick. I obviously ran into Velvet....

Yeah, and as tk pointed out, the dancing is a _lot_ better than in Kotor. :D

You get a humanity point if you dance long enough, too (about 5 minutes or so), 2 points if you're a Toreador.

Whoops, missed that one :(

Wait till you try it as a Nosferatu :) Some of the reactions to that Clan are priceless.

I had fun shooting out glass windows to get the little relic in the museum. Pisha's one scary chick. I obviously ran into Velvet....
There are some fun skins for Pisha on Paine's site.

Velvet is hawt. Have you met Gary? I'd recommend picking up his optional side-missions. You get some...interesting rewards.

Velvet is hawt. Have you met Gary? I'd recommend picking up his optional side-missions. You get some...interesting rewards.

The set of missions you get from his hacker sidekick (whose name escapes me for the moment), or does Gary himself have any missions to give you (aside from finding his agent in China Town)? I only got the hacker ones (and the jealousy quest from the female nosferatu) in the warrens from what I can remember.

Gary will start sending you some emails after you return from the warrens. Without giving too much away, he asks you to retrieve some items in exchange for some rare art that he's collected over the years.

They're extremely easy to miss unless you're looking for them. Also, it's possible that they were only extended outside of the Nosferatu Clan via one of the unofficial patches (which I think you stated that you weren't using).

Gary will start sending you some emails after you return from the warrens. Without giving too much away, he asks you to retrieve some items in exchange for some rare art that he's collected over the years.

Ah, those you get via e-mail, I had forgotten about them. :) I got those as a Toreador and Malkavian as well.

Do you get any special quests from Gary if you're a Nosferatu yourself? Don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to play one that far. They just look too ugly, and I'm not so fond of the whole sneaking around undetected part. Chatting with NPCs is half the fun of the game after all.

No, no special quests, but similar to Tremere, you get a unique haven (these are the only two Clans that get this). Also, you get a special form of transportation. And feeding on rats is fun. :)

Yes, they are ugly, but the sneaking isn't that bad. Cops will chase you down if they see you though :xp:. (Most) All of the same people will talk to you, but of course their reactions are different (and often hilarious).

I'm still in Santa Monica

Theresa just killed Jeanette. I kinda miss her... Apparently, you can bang her if you say the right things when you first meet.

You've killed Jeanette?? Herecy!! Seriously, I've always preferred to either kill Therese or get them to make up and coexist.

^^^^

Ya know, since this is a technically a KotOR forum, I don't feel too geeky pointing out that the voice actress that voiced....those characters (:D) also provided the voice for Handmaiden. In fact a lot of KotOR talent was used in VtM:B.

Heather/Damsel = Juhani

Fat Larry (et al) = Gadon Thek

Knox = Disciple

Trip (from the pawn shop) = Griff

I know it's common to hear the same talent in different games, but it's odd to play TSL knowing that Handmaiden has such a potty-mouth :D

It's a lot of fun--there's a PnP version, too (if you don't already know that. :) ). stoffe should get a cut on profits--at least 5 of us now have bought the game in the last week or so. :D

Geez, Knox sounds more like Griff than Disciple--maybe it's the whininess. :D

To not take thread off-topic edit: *Shakes head* Jae, Jae... this is me you are taking to, I have most all the White Wolf gothic genre stuff (Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage). ;)

Though I didn't play them as much as some others... D6 Star Wars, Palladium's various games, FASA and Chaosium's games got more use in my group. -RH

:xp: You PnP Gaming God, you. :D

I wouldn't mind playing the PnP version, but my kids are way too young for that kind of subject matter, and it's harder to find a gaming group now that I'm not in college and work around a family schedule. Our 2 little Paladins and our rogue/wizard are having a fun adventure, however. :D

You've killed Jeanette?? Herecy!! Seriously, I've always preferred to either kill Therese or get them to make up and coexist.

It was mostly accidental. I was taking Jean's side, but I must have said the wrong things near the end, and Theresa won. :(

Hmm... from all this discussion it makes me want to get the game. :)

Only 20 bucks on Steam.

It was mostly accidental.

I know what you mean, a lot of those happened to me when I first played the game. Unfortunately, after that first time I was just hooked, so I played it through with every clan (after that the game finally got boring enough for me to stop playing) and now I know probably all the ins and outs of the game.

Saved Ash, enjoyed carnal relations with Romeo, found out more about the serial killer, did some stuff for Isaac, dealt with the little problem at the Sin Bin, saw the snip of the creepy snuff film, and died dodging cars in the salvage yard, among other things. All in all a rather fruitful game day. :)

Saved Ash, enjoyed carnal relations with Romeo, found out more about the serial killer, did some stuff for Isaac, dealt with the little problem at the Sin Bin, saw the snip of the creepy snuff film, and died dodging cars in the salvage yard, among other things. All in all a rather fruitful game day. :)

Do you get his rifle if you indulge Romeo's necrophilia rather than keep the peace in the graveyard while he's gone for 5 minutes to take care of his needs? :)

I tend to play graveyard police for 5 hectic minutes instead. If you manage to keep the zombies from getting out you'll get to keep his sniper rifle, and I think you get some more XP as well. (Celerity really comes in handy to rush between the upper and lower gates to stop the zombies from bashing them down.)

Have you run into Andrei and his creations yet? :)

VV has an extra quest for you as well if you take care of her Hunter problem without any innocents coming to harm.

VV gave me the extra quest. Haven't run into Andrei yet, but if those things are what's on the film, then oh, ick, not looking forward to that part.

You don't get the rifle if you indulge Romeo, but I'd rather do that than chase zombies for 5 minutes in abject frustration, and I bought the Spazz from Mercurio anyway. You can feed on him later on after doing The Wild Thang, too. I was given the gargoyle quest and the phone thing, so I have plenty to keep me busy. :D And after seeing club Vesuvius and the Sin Bin, I'm not so sure I want Jimbo playing the game. :xp:

VV gave me the extra quest. Haven't run into Andrei yet, but if those things are what's on the film, then oh, ick, not looking forward to that part.

You'll see your fair share of those Tzimisce fleshcraft creations on your way to the Nosferatu warrens to meet Gary. Might be hard to sneak past if you don't have Obfuscate, so stock up on ammo and whatever melee weapons you can get your hands on before leaving Hollywood to head off there. :)

I was given the gargoyle quest and the phone thing, so I have plenty to keep me busy. :D And after seeing club Vesuvius and the Sin Bin, I'm not so sure I want Jimbo playing the game. :xp:

If you haven't dealt with the Gargoyle already, head back to Downtown LA and chat with Maximillian Strauss about it. He's got a fair bit to say about that particular gargoyle, and will give you something that's useful when fighting it (if you choose to do so).

Hollywood is the most raunchy part of the game. Things are a bit different once you reach China Town. Each district has its own mood. :)

It's one of the things I like about this game--each place has its own personality, and they took care to try to make each area have its own special features. A shame the company went out of business. Hope the people are still working in the field.

Archived