Home

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)

Jae Onasi

There is a bug that sometimes show up at the end of the society of leopold (but not always). Don't think god mode has anything to do with it (even though it can mess things up sometimes).

You can try this workaround if you find no other way of solving it. Make sure you start the game with the console active. Then in the game, get as close to the boat as you can without stepping onto it (you don't want to trigger the area transition). Then pause/go out to the menu, activate the console and type in (it's case sensitive IIRC):

SaveJohansen()

changelevel2 la_hub_1 taxi_landmark

on the level12 thing .. its an ERROR-invalid syntex...what did I do wrong?

ouu...is that LEVEL2?? not 12??...Ill try that

Edit:

It workd!! THANK YOU! Now its a bloody mess at princ loby..If thats next...U pull me out my lady :)... Thank's for the spending time of guidence.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah you should see a bunch of rubble outside the building.

Have you installed the official 1.2 patch, or any of the unofficial patches? That crash bug should have been fixed in 1.2, but it was definitely fixed in the unofficial patches. I remember getting caught by that bug back when the game was released.

• 1 month later...

I've finally persuaded myself to play this game, after months of deliberation.

What patches/mods are required recommended, per se? There seems more than a few mods that carry the tagline of "the best VtMB experience possible", so obviously they're not all correct, right? Right?!

What patches/mods are required recommended, per se? There seems more than a few mods that carry the tagline of "the best VtMB experience possible", so obviously they're not all correct, right? Right?!

I recommend doing this, if you have access to those tracks.

I would also recommend seeking out and installing the most recent version of the unofficial patch (IIRC, they now have two install options. Go with the Basic rather than Plus for your first playthough). You'll need to install the official patch (1.2) before doing so.

Link

The final official patch is the only thing that's required to be able to play the game properly. At least that's what I have (since I prefer to have the original game and tweak things on my own rather than use tweaks other people felt was an improvement :)) and I haven't had any problems during any of my playthroughs.

Even if you do plan to use mods I'd wait with those until after you've finished the game once - makes it easier to determine if the mods really are an improvement. :)

(You generally want to play the game more than once. Malkavian is the most fun clan in my opinion, but it's not recommended for the first playthrough since it can get confusing with their crazy dialog, and you won't pick up on all the nuances of their dialog if you don't have a rough idea of what's going on already.)

:wonder:

(You generally want to play the game more than once. Malkavian is the most fun clan in my opinion, but it's not recommended for the first playthrough since it can get confusing with their crazy dialog, and you won't pick up on all the nuances of their dialog if you don't have a rough idea of what's going on already.)

:wonder:

And do Nosferatu at least once :bounce1:

You should play every clan once.

OMG, PX, you've never played this?! You're in for a real treat. Hopefully you haven't heard anything that'll spoil the plot.

Anywho, I also recommend that you get the latest unofficial patch and install the Basic version like Achilles said. It fixes a lot of bugs that were missed by the 1.2 patch, but doesn't change the game otherwise. There probably would have been more official patches, but Troika dissolved after releasing 1.2. :(

EDIT-IMPORTANT!

The latest versions of the unofficial patch (6.0 and up) already include the official 1.2 patch, so you no longer have to update to 1.2 before installing the unofficial patch.

Welcome to the game! I love it.

You have to have the official patch. Try it that way first if you don't feel like installing any of the unofficial patches, but I'd agree with the Evil Q and Achilles and say go for the basic version of the unofficial patch for the first playthrough. I'd also recommend doing any clan but Malkavian and Nosferatu first--do those after you know the game. I played Toreador first and had a great time with it.

You know it's a great game when Achilles, Evil Q, and I all manage to agree on it. :D

I finished a run through the other week (Tremere again - gotta love blood magic) and I ran across something that I usually end up pondering every time I play it. Are you supposed to actually get a private dance from VV after doing all her quests? I could have sworn I did when I did my very first playthrough way back when (Toreador incidentally). In any recent playthrough I can remember though she just ends up out in the main room in the central dance platform after all her quests are done.

I don't have the game installed at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that the version number is in the top left corner of the character creation screen. And, as far as I know, the patch should work just fine with the Steam version.

Why were you playing a guy? :lol:

Um, I don't know, because I am a guy? :giveup:

I finished a run through the other week (Tremere again - gotta love blood magic) and I ran across something that I usually end up pondering every time I play it. Are you supposed to actually get a private dance from VV after doing all her quests? I could have sworn I did when I did my very first playthrough way back when (Toreador incidentally). In any recent playthrough I can remember though she just ends up out in the main room in the central dance platform after all her quests are done.

One of Wesp's new additions, perhaps? His ability to add new and interesting stuff in the successive (and rather excessive) versions of his patch never fails to impress me. I ran into some very cool restored/added content the last time I played, and look forward to seeing more the next time.

Having to download a new version of that huge patch every time I want to start a new game is a monster pain in the ass for me or anyone else who's stuck with dialup, though.

That usually means a dark alley. I know; it makes no sense.

Try catching regular people instead. You have to be quick about it, but they have better-quality blood than hookers and bums that fills up your blood pool faster.

Um, I don't know, because I am a guy? :giveup:

I figured you'd rather look at the girls' behinds than guys in that game. :xp:

@PastramiX--There at least 1 girl in each bar that you can speak to, and if your seduction is high enough, she'll let you drink from her, i.e. she'll be your 'blood doll'. Don't drain her too far or you'll kill her, however, and that can have some unwelcome consequences. You can also drain your enemies to kill them without losing humanity. Don't drain rats in front of people--it freaks them out.

When I play Malk it's usually as a girl. One would think that it would and should be the Toreador, but the female Malk is the hawtest vamp model in the game, IMO.

She's certainly the most... jiggly. :naughty:

When I play Malk it's usually as a girl. One would think that it would and should be the Toreador, but the female Malk is the hawtest vamp model in the game, IMO.

There's just something about that tight leather cop outfit and the handcuffs and all.... :D

That, and she looks like an ex-girlfriend of mine. The funny part is that this particular ex-girlfriend was also bat****-crazy and prone to dress in outrageous outfits. She was also a kleptomaniac to boot. The only reason that I tolerated her for as long as I did was, well, let's just say that she was a freak in more ways than one and leave it at that. :dev7:

EDIT: The award for the best getup in the game goes to the male Malk hands down, though. It's just so damn fly. Superfly.

Now I feel guilty about reviving the girl in the hospital with my own blood, only to never to her that I'm vampire. I guess this is what it feels like to impregnate someone. >_>

Other than that, I'm loving it. Hearing Grey DeLisle's voice once again is like sweet, sexy music to my ears. The end decision with Jeanette/Therese is a perfect realization of my fantasy of a morally ambiguous choice within an RPG, as it gives the player as much (mis)information to make a decision, but leaves both viewpoints to have as much logical and moral grounding as possible, to effectively trap the PC into making a difficult decision. Bloody brilliant. :)

And yes Jae, the haunted house was scary. It gave off the same vibes as in any other horror-adventure game (The 11th Hour, especially), but took it even further, especially with real-time graphics. The moving toy horse scared the hell out of me. :ohdear:

Archived