Home

HD Stuff...

I do, to tell you the truth though I don't think it is any different. It is a little bit clearer and games like Halo 1&2 show up really well but to tell you the absolute honest truth I really don't think it is that much better.

Still I would read up on it a bit and make your own informed descision.;)

Yes, I do see quite a bit of a difference.

I agree COD 2 in full HD is amazing.

Older Xbox games like Halo1 and Halo2 get very pixely.

But they still look very nice.

I would buy if you're really into sports too.

I love hockey and football.

Which were the main reason we got comcast and HD.

Well, that and the kickass music channels =)

yea, HD makes a big difference IMO

Games look clearer and as someone already said, sports that are broadcast in HD are incredibly better, and those nature shows on Discovery, those look great. One of the major things I noticed, oddly enough, was the fonts on tv programs look a lot crisper.

However, if it's a strain on your budget I wouldn't worry about it just yet, in a few years or so the prices for HDTVs should drop a bunch, especially since TV is supposed to be on some schedule to change all the channels to make them broadcast in HD, at least that's what someone told me.

Is it worth it?

I went from a 27 inch Sony TV flat screen to a 32 inch Sony LCD Bravia HDTV. I’ve been playing Oblivion on the Xbox 360. On the regular TV, I was amazed by the difference between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox, but that was nothing compared to the difference between the old television and the new one.

Regular movies hooked up with the component connection look incredible. Originally I hooked everything up like I had on my old television and was disappointed. After reading the instructions, like SithRevan stated, I hooked it up with the component connection and was amazed with the difference.

As far as regular television it looks great, but IMO it is not worth it just for a better picture. Most shows on television aren’t worth the HD picture. My opinion on regular television may change once football season rolls around again.

Overall, I say it is worth the fuss for games and movies. I bought it and the Xbox 360 just for Mass Effect, but I’d say it was already worth it for Oblivion. Now I just wished I’d gone with the 40 inch screen.

Yes, there is a considerable difference when playing 360 games and broadcasts that are HD.

Most of the cable programming however, is still in the 480 format so you won't see much difference there.

I spent a considerable amount on a Samsung 40" LCD 1080p HDTV and 360 and I love it.

I'm looking to get an HD DVD next, but I have to pay rent and get some groceries first.

...what's that smell? anyway,

HALO 3

Mass Effect

and perhaps Fable will be sweet.

I'm lovin' 2K7 Baseball, FightNight3, Madden, PGR, Gears and NCAA Football right now.

I'd love it if KotOR3 is a 360 game.

We can only hope.

I have been playing in 1280x1024 for a long time before HD, so it's not for meeee!

Obviously, though, if you buy things that use it it's going to look a lot better than the usual stuff on TV. However, that means you have to get a HD tv, connector cables, AND a HD capable player. Honestly I don't watch TV at all, nor play games on consoles, so I can comfortably ignore HD.

Okay, I have a 360, and just built a sweet new computer....

I'm also using a 5-year-old 13 inch LCD for both a monitor and a television...

Let's just say I hook my stuff up to other people's HD devices at every opportunity...

And am then sadly depressed when I have to reconnect this monitor to my awesome systems.

I have an HD TV, though I don't have HD cable or whatever you call it. Though, I have an HD component cable for my Wii, and it doers provide some improvement in sharpness and what-not. So, I think it's worth getting HD. also, when I bought my HD TV, they displayed the difference between standard and high-definition. And it does look very sharp and clear on the High Definition over the standard one. I personally think it's worth it.

Just for TV alone, it's not worth it, at least where I'm from. Not enough is available, watching the news or any other shows, it's simply not worth the money. For movies though, it's quite amazing. Hook up some 5.1 speakers and you get a really nice cinematic experience in your own home. Really clear image. It does depend what kind of movies you're watching. Anything with lots of explosions and special effects is worth it. The next Hugh Grant romantic comedy, not so much. Games too are good in HD, but I've had very limite experience with those.

Archived