Home

Should Revan be tried/executed by the Republic?

Allronix

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do apologise for not screaming 'REVANS A KILLER REVANS A KILLER KILL HIM KILL HIM NOW FOR GREAT JUSTICE.'

aw. when i read the "I do apologise" i actually thought we were going to make up again :( Seriously NA, we need to cool and get back on track. like seriously, i can practically feel the spite radiating off the post (of course i could be dead wrong in which case i'm acting like an idiot in front of everyone :lol: ). this is the last time that i'm gonna respond to this kinda post. i'm entitled to my opinion and vise versa, right? :)

if it helps, i'm sorry for...whatever i did. :)

...really. i am.

Or maybe, it's just due to the fact you repeated those points over and over, and frankly, we find them unconvicing and that we responded to those points time and time again.

It's just a game, a big game, so please, please, just relax. If we wanted to kill Revan, we could quite easily do so, just by writing a fan fiction. But, we don't.

look, Nancy Allen, can we do the Carth thing and "just drop it please?" i'm sick and tired of this bickering and i want to get back into the debate because i love this thread.

I'll second that notion.

===

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I believe there is already a lynch mob being formed under way...

By the Sith.

I mean, Revan betrayed his own Sith Order. Sion screamed about how Revan threw away the chance at uniting the galaxy. In fact, I think I remember reading Revan leading Republic troopers to invade Korriban during the Sith Civil War. If they are anyone wanting to lynch Revan, it would be his Sith troopers.

Actually no they weren't. Now this might be irrelevent because it doesn't support killing Revan, but the moral justification to support rape hasn't been answered. Neither was whether the Jedi and Republic are foolish to allow Revan to live, whether you know better than they do. Or the fact the Jedi Masters were killed, easily, so even they couldn't stand against the threat that faced the galaxy. With the exception of his general Revan was the best chance at saving the galaxy. So the question still remains, would you sacrifice the Republic to make yourselves happy and have Revan put to death? Your previous posts very much indicate that you are.

Actually no they weren't. Now this might be irrelevent because it doesn't support killing Revan, but the moral justification to support rape hasn't been answered.

Do you know what a mindrape is? It have nothing to do with rape at all!

What a mindrape basically does is harm a person's brain. It makes a person feel pain.

If you see a person clutching his head in pain, and shaking in pain, that is a mindrape. The person feels pain and misery.

Neither was whether the Jedi and Republic are foolish to allow Revan to live, whether you know better than they do.

You answered the question before: SW is a story of redemeption. So, the Jedi and the Republic allows Revan to be redeemed without any punishment.

We are questioning if the Jedi and the Republic's actions were correct. You can't "beg the question" here by assuming what needs to be proven. You can't say that Revan should be spared because he was spared. That seems a bit fallicous.

Or the fact the Jedi Masters were killed, easily, so even they couldn't stand against the threat that faced the galaxy. With the exception of his general Revan was the best chance at saving the galaxy.

Revan is a Force User just like the Jedi Masters. He's not uber-powerful, he's not mighty, he's just a tactical General, like all the rest. You can't claim Revan is mighty, because I disagree with it.

If Vrook couldn't handle Kreia, maybe...neither can Revan.

So the question still remains, would you sacrifice the Republic to make yourselves happy and have Revan put to death? Your previous posts very much indicate that you are.

You make a false choice. The Republic does not need Revan to surivie. Revan is not some powerful Jedi that should have his ground honored.

You haven't read my previous posts where I advocate imprisonment after Jediphile convinced me that a mindrape might not be good...You haven't read my previous posts where I laid out clear evidence that Revan is likely to betray the Republic. My purpose is to protect the Republic at all costs. You fail to realize that...

===

I'm going to leave this topic, at least for now.

Okay, so, Revan falls to the dark side, he might do it again, and so he must be put to death. He's killed many many people, murdered even, and sought to turn people to his side, and for that he deserves death. He's not some powerful Jedi, I mean how good can he be if his actions determine the fate of the galaxy, if he is able to defeat the Mandalorians and the Sith, so there's no point to sparing him. So kill him off, the galaxy's safe, everyone's happy.

We are. Revan fell to the dark side so he must be put to death. He could fall again so killing him is the only viable option to prevent it from happening. He's killed many people which is something he should face the death penalty for. He's not even that good a Jedi anyway, so there's no point in sparing him. Revan dies, the galaxy's saved, everyone's happy.

1) Rape is the term that I use to refer to something that is very, very painful, and "mindrape" is a better punishment than killing off Revan. I see that Revan does not deserve death as he is loyal to the Republic and he is useful. But he does deserve punishment however...

I think letting him live with the knowledge of what he has done is a greater punishment. Next to that oblivion from it is pure bliss. I mean, how would any of us here feel, if someone proved to us that we were responsible for thousands if not millions of deaths and murders, but somehow forgot about it? If true, I guess most of us would prefer to go on not knowing. Since we've all played Revan, we have a basis for answering that question, and I know that in my case, it placed a huge chip on my shoulder to save the galaxy.

2) Sparing a smart, intelligent military general who could backstab me again...is not the best thing, you realize that. If Jediphile is right, Revan will backstab the Republic, possibly in some twisted way of "execution" to save the Republic...but ending up harming the Republic in some way.

I assume this is a reference to my speculation for a K3 plot. In that case you're incorrect. It's true that I had LS Revan fall to the dark side in my plot. He did not, however, turn on the Republic.

Why? It was NOT the personality of Revan that was redeemed, but rather the Personality that the Jedi Council placed of Revan. That Personality is slowly disappering, and the personality of Revan, pre-wipe, is coming back. And when it comes back, what will happen then?

I still disagree with that. The new personality certainly had not disappeared at the end of KotOR. And with Kreia's references to Revan sacrificing himself to save the Republic, it never seemed to me that Darth Revan had come back. It just seemed that he had recalled about the true Sith and then left to protect the Republic against them. I don't see that as a sign of falling to the dark side.

when you say "more ethical" you make it sound like it's ethical in the first place, which it isn't. killing 1000 people isn't more ethical than 10,000, it's less wrong. if somebody kills one person, and someone else kills twelve, do they deserve the same sentence?

This is where we disagree a bit. Yes, killing twelve people is worse than killing one, but once you go beyond a certain number (and I'm uncertain where that figure is), then the numbers begin to mean nothing because that's just what you do, because there is already a pattern established. Or put it this way, would it have made us think less of the Virginia Tech murderer if he had killed 34 people instead of "only" 32? I would think not, since the reason he didn't kill more people is not that due to any considerations on his part, and so it is a non-factor. He probably would have killed 50 or even 100, if he could have managed it.

Revan didn't need to kill people personally. he/she just points at a base/structure/person and the sith proceed to kill. it's still Revan's fault, as it is Revan's fault for turning Malak to the darkside.

It's partially Revan's fault, but just because Revan orders people to kill, that doesn't mean they have to follow his orders. "I was only following orders" is not an excuse. The Nuremberg trials established that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_trials

do you have ANY other reasons for keeping Revan alive!?

Because there is little reason to execute her. A war is about killing enemies to achieve a greater goal, it is not a pretty or noble act. The winning side in a war writes the history of what was "good" or "evil" during that war. And the winning side does not persecute their own leaders, champions and heroes once the war is won. That would just set a really bad example for the future that people shouldn't bother making an effort to make a difference, and affect morale of your forces in a very bad way. Revan was on the winning side at the end of both the Mandalorian War and the Sith War. Revan was pivotal in ensuring that the winning side was the winner in both conflicts. That is what matters.

As a parallel, you didn't see Churchill, Roosevelt, Eisenhower or any other leaders or high-ups on the allied side on trial and executed after World War II. A war where forces under their command killed countless thousand innocent civilians, sometimes be "accident", sometimes highly deliberately in order to break enemy morale. By some of the reasoning expressed in this thread those men would be mass-murderers, but yet they are generally celebrated, not demonized.

I think letting him live with the knowledge of what he has done is a greater punishment. Next to that oblivion from it is pure bliss. I mean, how would any of us here feel, if someone proved to us that we were responsible for thousands if not millions of deaths and murders, but somehow forgot about it? If true, I guess most of us would prefer to go on not knowing. Since we've all played Revan, we have a basis for answering that question, and I know that in my case, it placed a huge chip on my shoulder to save the galaxy.

Er. Revan isn't going to forget anything, he'll just be in constant pain.

I assume this is a reference to my speculation for a K3 plot. In that case you're incorrect. It's true that I had LS Revan fall to the dark side in my plot. He did not, however, turn on the Republic.

/shrugs. Must be my view of Revan turning on the Republic. I usually see falling to the DS as turning on the Republic...

I still disagree with that. The new personality certainly had not disappeared at the end of KotOR. And with Kreia's references to Revan sacrificing himself to save the Republic, it never seemed to me that Darth Revan had come back. It just seemed that he had recalled about the true Sith and then left to protect the Republic against them. I don't see that as a sign of falling to the dark side.

We'll have to agree to disagree, here.

As a parallel, you didn't see Churchill, Roosevelt, Eisenhower or any other leaders or high-ups on the allied side on trial and executed after World War II.

Neither would we see that female Admrial and Carth Osania being held for war trials by the "lynch mob" of Silentscope001 and Enigma. Prehaps because Churchil, Roosevelt, etc. were considered 'fighting' for the "good side", while Hitler, Mussolini, and General Tojo were fighting for "evil". Anything that the good side does to battle evil must be good, by the virtue of them being good. Anything that the evil side does to battle good must be evil, by the virtue of being evil.

Life's unfair. It would be better to punish both the 'good' person and the 'evil' person (who are both 'moral constructs'), but we are prevented from doing such a thing. Might as well punish the evil person for his crime rather than leave both off the hook.

Vader, or properly Anakin, appeared with Obi Wan and Yoda. He was redeemed. Unless you

want to play 'Han shoots first.'

You want Revan to be punished. Ever heard of Captain Ahab?

no, i haven't. but anyway, we're talking about if Revan should be executed. not whether he/she will be.

So, you're willing to **** up the Republic and let them die if the Sith, Mandalorians or some other threat was to rise, remember the Exile hadn't been found, just to satisfy your lust for revenge?

So we're back to you wanting the Republic to burn so that Revan is punished rather than leave him be so that he will fight against the threat, which he might choose not to if any action is taken against him.

Yes I did. So you're willing to **** up the Republic and let them die to satisfy your lust for revenge. You know I pity you, I really do, you know why? Not only are you blind to what might be best rathar than what you want you have essentially become Revan. You don't care how many die without Revan to defend the Republic, you just care about getting your own way

umm...ow. how cruel of you. :lol: lol kidding. and it's justice NA. justice. i myself don't feel any kind of hatred towards Revan, but you see, the thing is, there are a lot, most likely billions of people out there in the sw galaxy that are rotting right now because of this one person. i will say this again: Revan is a mass murdering, torturing, backstabbing schutta that has killed easily 500 times more people than i've seen in my life. Revan tortured people, NA. for goodness sake, there are probably still dead jedi in some abandoned sith bases, their bloody bodies left tied to chairs or in force cages or other things that i don't want to talk about. believe it or not, NA, killing Revan is justice.

next, i'm not sure if your "if Revan dies the republic is screwed" argument is very viable if we're talking about the morality of things. why? here, lemme show you. let's say that instead of ls Revan, we have ds Revan. now, let's go pretend that the republic ends up capturing ds Revan. now this Revan, obviously is evil and doesn't care about the republic or the lives that he/she ended. it would be just to kill him/her right? but we can't. why? because we need him/her to supposedly save the republic's butt, so we can't execute him/her and ds Revan has to live. is this fair? no, of course it isn't. by using this argument, you have basically taken all of the morality, all of the good intentions, all of the redemption, and all of the justice out of the argument. this is why i don't think it is a good argument.

And just on that point should the Republic have basically executed their greatest defender? You can go on about what if he falls to the dark side. Well, what if the Mandalorians and Sith were to rise again? What would the Jedi and the Republic do then? I suppose there is the option of those who served with Revan but as far as we know half of them could be dead. What about the Exile? There was foreshadowing that things could be explained to her and she could be healed, and most of the Council accepted her when she found them. Who's to say that as well as Revan plans were made for the Exile as well, but given that she had disappeared for a decade I guess no one could find her. So basically the option is to let Revan live and have him fight for the Republic, or kill him which would basically mean the Republic is screwed, much the same as it is in Sith Lords, worse.

same thing as above.

The Sith could rise again, as they had, the Mandalorians could have risen again, as Canderous attempts to do, or some new threat could rise. There's something else, even if Revan did allow judgement to be passed on him you think anyone by Revan's side would allow it? Besides which Admiral Daala knows of Revan, word would probably get back to the Republic. The Jedi obviously know about Revan and neither party has done anything to settle old scores. What you need to ask yourself is if you're smarter than they are.

again, it's if Revan deserves to be executed. not if it's going to happen.

This is where we disagree a bit. Yes, killing twelve people is worse than killing one, but once you go beyond a certain number (and I'm uncertain where that figure is), then the numbers begin to mean nothing because that's just what you do, because there is already a pattern established. Or put it this way, would it have made us think less of the Virginia Tech murderer if he had killed 34 people instead of "only" 32? I would think not, since the reason he didn't kill more people is not that due to any considerations on his part, and so it is a non-factor. He probably would have killed 50 or even 100, if he could have managed it.

you have a good point here, but you see, killing 32 people is still 32 people, and killing 100 people is still 100 people no matter what. the sentences shouldn't be made the same. of course after a certain point no matter what you'd reveive the death penalty because you can't do anything more.

It's partially Revan's fault, but just because Revan orders people to kill, that doesn't mean they have to follow his orders. "I was only following orders" is not an excuse. The Nuremberg trials established that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_trials

Revan is still quite a bit at fault though. as well, we'd have to take into account the actual reasons why the sith were fighting on Revan's side if it was (or they think it was) for a noble cause, they should be let off very lightly. same for if they had no choice.

Because there is little reason to execute her. A war is about killing enemies to achieve a greater goal, it is not a pretty or noble act. The winning side in a war writes the history of what was "good" or "evil" during that war. And the winning side does not persecute their own leaders, champions and heroes once the war is won. That would just set a really bad example for the future that people shouldn't bother making an effort to make a difference, and affect morale of your forces in a very bad way. Revan was on the winning side at the end of both the Mandalorian War and the Sith War. Revan was pivotal in ensuring that the winning side was the winner in both conflicts. That is what matters.

As a parallel, you didn't see Churchill, Roosevelt, Eisenhower or any other leaders or high-ups on the allied side on trial and executed after World War II. A war where forces under their command killed countless thousand innocent civilians, sometimes be "accident", sometimes highly deliberately in order to break enemy morale. By some of the reasoning expressed in this thread those men would be mass-murderers, but yet they are generally celebrated, not demonized.

"there is little reason to execute her."??? there's plenty of reasoning behind it. hopefully nobody forgot that Revan is a mass murderer? that's way more than enough reason. btw, the "greater goal" here would be justice, k? i know SS001 is proceeding to another point with different motives, but i'm doing this for something else.

"Revan was pivotal in ensuring that the winning side was the winner in both conflicts. That is what matters." is it really? have we truly just tossed justice into the trash compactor because the winner is supposed to make all the moral ground rules now?

"As a parallel, you didn't see Churchill, Roosevelt, Eisenhower or any other leaders or high-ups on the allied side on trial and executed after World War II." but they were fighting for the sake of the world! Hitler was killing all the jewish people and making them suffer too, just like Revan! all of a sudden is fighting that supposed to be wrong? it's about the intentions Stoffe. what was Hitler fighting for? nothing that great, i don't think. what was Revan fighting for? nothing great either by my perspective (but we're also here to debate that point, right? ;) ). the republic was attacked. they had no choice. they had no war like intentions until Revan charged in and started killing. this, is the line of morality that separates Carth from Saul, Yoda from Palpatine. they all killed people, but why did they do it?

Revan is at fault because:

he/she didn't bother to warn anyone about the threat,

Revan was ds but he/she is at fault for continuing to be that way,

and because he/she all in all was not in as forced of a situation as claimed

btw, everyone, what's a lynch mob?

btw, everyone, what's a lynch mob?

A Mob is usually a group of people, usually the majority. It's a degotoray term. Actually, it seems that the Mob is really for Revan, and we, the poor intelligesta, are the ones who are trying to make a fuss. :)

Lynch is the process of executing someone without offically convicting someone. Usually it is illegal, but sometimes tolerated...most people believe that a person is guilty before proven innocent, after all.

and because he/she all in all was not in as forced of a situation as claimed

Eh?? How on earth was that?

I really don't think there was anything else for Revan to do. We've already established that the Star Forge couldn't be used by the Republic/Jedi - how exactly is it that Revan could win the war without it, as you seem to be implying?

Sure, killing millions of a people was a crime, but it's the lesser of two evils. IMO it's far worse to turn a blind eye and let trillions die than to simply kill millions yourself.

I really don't think there was anything else for Revan to do. We've already established that the Star Forge couldn't be used by the Republic/Jedi - how exactly is it that Revan could win the war without it, as you seem to be implying?

By not using the Star Forge?

By, say, launching a military invasion with troopers already loyal to Revan? Taking over territory? Starting up the True Sith Civil War...right now?

Alright, so it might make more sense to use the Star Forge...but he used it to take over the Republic and establish his Sith Empire. He was still destroying the Republic and the Jedi, just like the True Sith, in the interest of protecting the "galaxy", not protecting the Republic and its vaunted goals of freedom. So, Republic supporters would hate Revan anyway.

At the least, please, use the Star Forge's unlimited army to blow up the True Sith...and THEN take over the Republic.

By not using the Star Forge?

Don't be silly. The Republic's military had gone through galactic-scale wars in the past forty years, and from the accounts in the game, is substandard to the point it's incapable of winning any wars without the Jedi.

The Star Forge made perfect sense to use... In a matter of only several years Revan and Malak were able to build up a fleet that was handing the Republic's their arses in every battle. Give it another five years to be building up? That's quite large and quite powerful.

There are no arguments against not using the Star Forge. The politics of Revan's guilt or not be damned, it's a simple fact that if you have more troops your side will do better.

Don't be silly. The Republic's military had gone through galactic-scale wars in the past forty years, and from the accounts in the game, is substandard to the point it's incapable of winning any wars without the Jedi.

The Star Forge made perfect sense to use... In a matter of only several years Revan and Malak were able to build up a fleet that was handing the Republic's their arses in every battle. Give it another five years to be building up? That's quite large and quite powerful.

There are no arguments against not using the Star Forge. The politics of Revan's guilt or not be damned, it's a simple fact that if you have more troops your side will do better.

I'm saying that Revan is using the Star Forge incorrectly. Why turn it against the Republic and blow it up? To make it "stronger"? That was quite...stupid.

Build up your powerful Star Forge ships, and then have it destroy the True Sith. Why send troops to occupy the Republic when the real enemy, the True Sith, does nothing but twiddle their thumbs and laugh? It's a factory that creates lots of expendable Ships, for crying out loud! Why bother conquering the planets of the Republic when you already have an infinite horde? Revan can surely hold a couple of Sith planets, and start up that Sith Civil War...

The Star Forge is a powerful weapon...if left to a compenent person. Except...I doubt it was. (And you can easily not use the Star Forge, if you just rely on the Jedi. The Republic has been relying on Jedi for countless years. The only time the Republic stopped relying on Jedi was during the Clone Wars, and look how that turned out...)

Throw the galaxy into chaos and whoever comes out on top is stronger for it. That is the way of the Mandalorians, the way of the Sith, and the way of Revan. Cull the weak so that the strong will be able to fend off any threat against it.

Why not cull off the strong? They are the ones that want to smash you into itty-bitty bits. Defeat them, and then focus on the weak guys.

Because you're building a force to defend against threat. Remove the strongest warriors and you will be crushed. Had Revan, the Exile, Nisotsa and others not fought in the Mandalorian wars the Republic would be wiped out. But because the Jedi's greatest chose the galaxy over the Order the Republic was saved.

I'm saying that Revan is using the Star Forge incorrectly. Why turn it against the Republic and blow it up? To make it "stronger"? That was quite...stupid.

Here you're simply looking at the fact that the Republic lost some infrastructure as a basis for Revan's strategy being stupid. Quite the contrary - the Star Forge produced more ships than the Republic did, so it made logical sense to use it. As he had to turn to the dark side to use it, the Jedi would object, making it necessary to squash them so they would not be able to interfere with his plans.

Why bother conquering the planets of the Republic when you already have an infinite horde?

The Star Forge produces ships but it's not a God - it can't make everything. Where will you mine the fuel for those ships, recruit the soldiers to pilot them, get the food to feed them, find the Force-sensitives to control them, get the tibanna gas for blasters? The Star Forge can't make everything. Many of the basic resources Revan needs have to be produced "manually."

Not to mention by saying 'to heck with the galaxy', the true Sith have a high chance of conquering the planets in it and using them to support their own forces. Unlike Revan, they still have a use for all the shipyards in the Republic - and despite the Star Forge, Revan could still use those. Not to mention it would take longer to defeat them if the true Sith controlled most of the galaxy and had spread their forces out amongst it.

Not to mention all those people would die if the true Sith were allowed to conquer all those planets... and Revan did enter the war to save them, after all.

A Mob is usually a group of people, usually the majority. It's a degotoray term.

:lol: ha! some mob we are! it's a mob of two, and we're the minority considering that Jediphile, ED, and NA are on the defence.

Eh?? How on earth was that?

well, while it's not that amazing of a point, Revan was yet to attempt to go to the jedi for help. even though it is very probable that they'd turn him/her down, he/she made a big mistake by not exploring all options before commiting to this ridiulous war. yes, Revan was almost in a forced, deadlocked position. but he/she wasn't yet. not going to the jedi shows that he/she didn't explore all options.

about the Star Forge, yeah, look i know that it is the key to saving the republic, and all this other stuff about how we can't go on without it, but here is where we come across a key point. the star forge is the key to helping the republic but, it wasn't used to help the republic, was it? no matter how useful something may be, if it's used the wrong way, what's the point? and it wasn't used the right way, so no matter what that's just how it was, a mistake. this is another reason why Revan is at fault, because he/she kept going down the ds path, and at the end, the star forge was used against the republic, which is the exact opposite of what it was meant to do.

Exactly. Not to mention kolto. Stuff can't be replicated (until bacta gets invented). Empires require HUGE reserves. Even the Rataka had about 15 TRILLION slaves, turned Kashyyyk into one huge agricultural field, and stripped Tatooine.

And Revan was essentially the leader of the LOSING side - Pol Pot or Stalin. Now, mindwipe the nutcase pseudo-communist, implant everything from birth to current as an All-American boy, and hand the result a gun telling him to shoot "commies"

Because you're building a force to defend against threat. Remove the strongest warriors and you will be crushed. Had Revan, the Exile, Nisotsa and others not fought in the Mandalorian wars the Republic would be wiped out. But because the Jedi's greatest chose the galaxy over the Order the Republic was saved.

The Republic was not "saved" by Revan. In fact, it was Malak that (quite ironically) saved the Republic, by betraying Revan.

How? If Revan won, the Jedi Order would be smashed, the Republic would be destroyed, and Revan would preside over a brand new Sith Empire. He would destroy the True Sith, and the galaxy would be united together.

When Revan fell to the Dark Side, he plotted to create a brand new Sith Empire, and if he would have won, kiss the Light Side goodbye. In fact, kiss 'freedom' goodbye...at least the Republic perseved an illusion of liberty, now there is no freedom at all. Instead of a bunch of ineffective Senators, you got a bunch of effective dictators. The hyperspace trains run on time, but so what?

Remember that there is another war being waged, the war between Light and Dark. And if all the Jedi are destroyed, if the Republic is destroyed, it does not matter if Revan or the True Sith wins...only that the Dark Side prevails.

See the endless Sith civil wars? The endless butchering, the countless crimes tolerated and encouraged? Now, expand that to mean the whole galaxy...and you can see why I consider Revan to be an idiot. He threatens to destroy every good thing in the galaxy...all for 'law and order' which is utterly meaningless.

Here you're simply looking at the fact that the Republic lost some infrastructure as a basis for Revan's strategy being stupid. Quite the contrary - the Star Forge produced more ships than the Republic did, so it made logical sense to use it. As he had to turn to the dark side to use it, the Jedi would object, making it necessary to squash them so they would not be able to interfere with his plans.

I'll concede this point, but a little note:

If the whole war was against the Jedi, why didn't Revan lead a lynch mob against the Jedi? They sat down and did nothing while worlds burnt and it was Revan that saved the Republic. Any Senator who would want to establish lynch mobs could easily blame the Jedi for doing nothing, and Revan has to pull off a 'Code 66', no?

Senators are corrupt idiots? Fine. Why didn't Revan bribe them? Or use Force Persuade on some of the most powerful Senators?

The Star Forge produces ships but it's not a God - it can't make everything. Where will you mine the fuel for those ships, recruit the soldiers to pilot them, get the food to feed them, find the Force-sensitives to control them, get the tibanna gas for blasters? The Star Forge can't make everything. Many of the basic resources Revan needs have to be produced "manually."

How about looting them from the True Sith then? Here, we assume the True Sith controls an Empire with many planets...if they do not, then it leads to a question of why did Revan was afraid of them to launch such a destructive civil war...

Take the tactics of the Mandalorians and adopt it. Start off with a huge army and then take over a planet. Loot the planet for the natural resources and then attack another planet. Continue looting from the enemy, weakening the enemy while at the same time strengthing your own. The "True Sith Civil War" also would be a good Card to play, with Revan claiming to be a True Sith Lord, he can gain some True Sith to give him the raw resources needed to continue his struggle.

Not to mention by saying 'to heck with the galaxy', the true Sith have a high chance of conquering the planets in it and using them to support their own forces. Unlike Revan, they still have a use for all the shipyards in the Republic - and despite the Star Forge, Revan could still use those. Not to mention it would take longer to defeat them if the true Sith controlled most of the galaxy and had spread their forces out amongst it.

If Revan knew where the heart of the True Sith Empire is (he seems to have a general knowledge of where it is located according to what we know in the end of TSL), the True Sith would be foolish (or quite wise, depending on your take) to leave their capital and let Revan seize it. And if Revan did a quick strike, the True Sith may not be able to react quickly enough.

During the Sith Civil War, Revan could easily weaken the True Sith enough so that they won't pose a threat to the galaxy. If the True Sith flees, then Revan could use his fleet to chase after them and slaughter them.

If the True Sith abanonded the capital, being flushed out by the Republic, then they may be weak enough by Revan's assaults to be repulsed and destroyed by Republic forces. If not, then Revan can start sending his Raktan ships to seek and destroy the True Sith.

Not to mention all those people would die if the true Sith were allowed to conquer all those planets... and Revan did enter the war to save them, after all.

There are different ways to fight a war other than the method that Revan used though. Starting a civil war amongst the True Sith is a more effective method, because, unlike weakening the Republic and killing off his men, you would weaken the True Sith and kill off their men. The resources the True Sith Empire could have would be more than sufficent to help out Revan's faction.

And, returning to the original point: I doubt the citizens of this galaxy would like to be enslaved by ANYONE, True Sith or Revan.

Archived