Which HUD?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which HUD?

• Simple, easily navigated, non-obstructive
    • Complex, sweet, sexy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both suggestions are very easy switches, and yeah they do make sense...oh, I forgot to mention that the bars drain towards the center line, but you're right about shields->health being a logical progression.

I understand the idea, but it might be easier for users if the bars deplete top->bottom.

Question...how much trouble would it be to cycle weapon categories? For example, instead of cycling through a whole list of guns and throwables, maybe use mousewheel scroll to cycle saber/melee, light weapon (pistol), medium weapon (E-11, bowcaster, flechette), heavy weapon (rocket launcher, D-15, disruptor), and demolitions (det pack, thermal dets) then mousewheel click to cycle through each category's weapons. It'll be like arranging weapons as if they were lightsaber styles under the lightsaber weapon.

I think Ensi knows way more about this than I do.

However, shields don't always deplete or sometimes it takes from both with some damage flags.

True, but conceptually, armor/shields get hit before health does.

Hey man, you can keymap however you like, that's up to you. I'm just explaining a concept that would make life easier for people who do end up with a bunch of weapons. In addition, maybe let 1-5 keys be assigned to the categories, so that you don't have to go out of your way to hit buttons 6-0.

Think about how annoying it is to have to reach for keys 7-0 when you're running around and trying not to get killed.

If we continue to use the current hud, theres a better way to draw the progress bars instead of using "Ticks" pre-programmed.

Using my fillbars can use any size you want, etc.

I can outline it a little more tonight.

Tanq, I'm not really understanding what you are saying about keymaps. My code has weapon slots... lol

From old Weapon Slots Post:

Slot 1: Melee

Slot 2: Lightsaber

Slot 3: Pistol

Slot 4: Blaster, Bowcaster, Clone Rifle

Slot 5: Disruptor, D.E.M.P., Flechette

Slot 6: Rocket, Concussion Rifle

Slot 7: Thermals, Trip Mines, Detonation Packs

Max Defines: 10 slots, 10 weapons per slot

Pressing a slot key when you are already using a weapon in that slot goes to the next weapon in that slot (or first if you are at last). If you are at a weapon that is not the first in a slot and select a different weapon then go back to that slot, it will select that last weapon used in the slot instead of the first weapon. It uses the same /weapon binds but /weaponslot is more proper and /weapon was remaped to work same as /weaponslot, the only problem is we cant really have more than 1-7 afaik, because the default binds are a little screwed up.

I also fixed the stupid draw weapon select too. Shows proper order without any hacking of the order. It shows in the order above (permitting you have those weapons).

/weaponslot <slot#> - Switch to this slot number

/weapon - Will work the same as weaponslot now

/weapnextinslot - Switch to next available gun in slot

/weapprevinslot - Switch to previous available gun in slot

/nextweap - Switch to next weap in the above order

/prevweap - Switch to previous weap in the above order

/weaponclean will be removed

Out Of Ammo Checks:

1st: A weapon from slot 4 ( blaster, bowcaster, or clone rifle )

2nd: A weapon from slot 5 ( disruptor, demp2, or flechette )

3rd: A pistol from slot 3 ( pistol )

4th: A weapon from slot 6 ( rocket, or conc )

5th: An explosive from slot 7 ( thermal, trip, or detpack )

6th: If the player has a saber it will select that as last resort, otherwise melee.

ojp_sabermelee client cvar isn't really needed anymore either.

I really need to find time to merge my stuff. =/

P.S. Got Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty i386 running now with dual boot at home now. ;)

With the driver I'm using it can read+write to NTFS now... so yea :p Almost no need for windows anymore except that my class stuff is gonna require Winblows with IE 5.5 or higher. I suppose I could force it to run IE7 through wine but meh.

If we continue to use the current hud, theres a better way to draw the progress bars instead of using "Ticks" pre-programmed.

Using my fillbars can use any size you want, etc.

I can outline it a little more tonight.

Tanq, I'm not really understanding what you are saying about keymaps. My code has weapon slots... lol

Can fill bars work with curved bars?

And your weapon slot idea is EXACTLY what I'm talking about, except I'd want to keep the slot numbers to 1-5 or 6 for ease of reach. Ignore my use of the word keymap, I was just telling Shaman that he can change his key binds to however he likes it.

Yea, I already do, I play with the arrows, del end page, and numpad.

No problem then if I can put it to the key I want.

I'd like fill bars, even if it's curved. But still, I think setting a color for each stat would be better. (Red health, green armor, cyan force, purple dodge, orange ammo, yellow fuel, blue cloak energy; that would be the 100% perfect for me :D)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived