Home

Hi Def Video

lukeskywalker1

Anyone check out http://www.gametrailers.com ? I love the site. The high definition video is awesome... 1280X720 :D

I have a small problem though, when I try to run these super big files the videos run slowly, or lag. The sound works fine, the video just runs slow.

I am running Win XP with WMP 11

512 RAM

2.8 Ghz

ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB

I really don't see what the problem is... but whatever. Does gametrailers use some kind of special codec or something that I might need?

I've run the Halo trailers (Which are high-definition) on my Sempron 64 2800+ 1.6GHz, with 1GB of RAM, shared with my Integrated Geforce 6100, and it was smooth enough for me. I would say it's your player. I use VLC almost exclusively, because codecs are built in and it runs everything smoothly.

Okay, my crap computer is Pentium 4 1.6mhz with a FX5200 128mb and 512mb RAM and I can't run HD video (chugs, yeah) and it does piss me off. But I think it's mostly the video card that does the work with the CPU in second.

My 2.3ghz AMD (Equates to a 3.6ghz-ish P4), 7900GS 256mb and 1gig of RAM Computer on the other hand, can chew though HD video like nothing.

Archived