Home

trouble getting into the site

EnIgmA_XX

Hi everyone, first, i wanted to say thanks to all the admins and people that run this site and keep it here because this site is really great. lately for the past few days, i've been having trouble getting on to the site. i can go to the home page, but when i click on a section (like the KOTOR section for example) the top part that says lucas forums and star wars knights.com with the pic of visas and malak show, but nothing else comes up. the only reason i've been able to post and get on this section of the forum is because i have 2 or 3 specific forum threads in the KOTOR section of the forum on my favourites tab. even then, i can only get on about once every 5 tries. is this happening to anyone else? some help would be great, because i love this site :( thanks.

lately for the past few days, i've been having trouble getting on to the site. i can go to the home page, but when i click on a section (like the KOTOR section for example) the top part that says lucas forums and star wars knights.com with the pic of visas and malak show, but nothing else comes up.

Never seen anything like what you describe. Has it only done this for the past few days? And if so, have you changed anything with how your computer or browser is configured recently?

Which browser are you using (and which extensions do you have installed in it)? Do so have some form of firewall or filtering software running on your computer that can block some content?

If you view the page html source for the forum index when it displays this cut off page, is the last couple of lines in the source like below?

</body>
</html>

yes, it's only been for a few days now and the only thing that i've changed with my configuration is the look of my desktop. I use internet explorer version 6 and Macafee firewall but i've been using these for a long time already.

what's really weird is that even though i could almost never get on for about the past 4 days, today the cut of page only happened once to me. i don't really know what happened to my comp, but hopefully everything is okay now.

Thanks a lot, Stoffe.

EDIT:twice now. it happened again right after. and no there is no html coding XD

yes, it's only been for a few days now and the only thing that i've changed with my configuration is the look of my desktop. I use internet explorer version 6 and Macafee firewall but i've been using these for a long time already.

what's really weird is that even though i could almost never get on for about the past 4 days, today the cut of page only happened once to me. i don't really know what happened to my comp, but hopefully everything is okay now.

EDIT:twice now. it happened again right after. and no there is no html coding XD

Hmm, so you haven't changed everything with your computer/browser config and it doesn't happen every time? Does this happen if you visit other web pages as well, or just at LucasForums? Is the page loading especially slow when it happens, or is it normally responsive, just that the page loading stops after the header? If you try with another browser do you get the same result?

If you don't get the closing HTML tags when viewing the source it means the page gets cut off somewhere before it finished loading into your browser.

If it isn't loading so slow that it times out, a wild guess is that it might have something to do with some of the banner advertisments on the page. Do you get a particular set of banner ads whenever this problem happens?

it seems to only be happening on this site. it the loading just stops after the header, and as a result it loads faster. if by browser you mean something like firefox, i've never used any other browser than this one. i'm not sure yet about the banner ads, though

Archived