Home

Napoleon Threepwood...

Rodbrush

See, that's the thing though. No one cares what you think. Monkey Island is over man. You're living in the bloody past. Go out and get a girlfriend, hell, get two. Learn a new fncking musical instrument. I know who you are. In this virtual community you pretend to be some big shooter, but in the real world you're a nobody.

If someone actually ever does make a Monkey Island movie, they're going to do their own casting and aren't going to give a crap about any of your stupid ideas as to who should play Guybrush. Every forum it's always the same old crap about people musing as to who should play who in the movie, and if there IS a movie then they muse over an alternate cast. You think you're being creative but you're doing what thousands upon thousands of people all over the world are doing too.

I hate to piss in everyone's cornflakes but for fnck's sake people, life is happening all around you, weather in the real world or virtual, there is plenty of new things out there and you're all in here talking about the SAME thing you've been talking about for the past decade! Wake the FnCK up!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tl;dr

Am I crazy in thinking of Scarlett Johansson as Elaine? Think about it, throw a red wig on her (she may or may not have already had red hair in a previous film), give her a passable English accent (if English is what we're going for, and none of that "Prestige" fake Cockney ****e) and she could do it.

And what if we were to cast Largo as well. Who should play him?

See, that's the thing though. No one cares what you think. Monkey Island is over man. You're living in the bloody past. Go out and get a girlfriend, hell, get two. Learn a new fncking musical instrument. I know who you are. In this virtual community you pretend to be some big shooter, but in the real world you're a nobody.

If someone actually ever does make a Monkey Island movie, they're going to do their own casting and aren't going to give a crap about any of your stupid ideas as to who should play Guybrush. Every forum it's always the same old crap about people musing as to who should play who in the movie, and if there IS a movie then they muse over an alternate cast. You think you're being creative but you're doing what thousands upon thousands of people all over the world are doing too.

I hate to piss in everyone's cornflakes but for fnck's sake people, life is happening all around you, weather in the real world or virtual, there is plenty of new things out there and you're all in here talking about the SAME thing you've been talking about for the past decade! Wake the FnCK up!

Dear lord!!! That was the most insulting thing I have ever read in the LF. I mean, that's a freakin' record! It brought tears of laughter to my eyes.

You might if you weren't some fat loser who spends all his time online using the same formulaic posts.

'I think (insert current popular actor name here) would be good playing (insert obligatory character here) because I have no creative ideas of my own so I have to go for the easiest, most obvious choice.'

Like, I don't know, say Scarlet Johannson as Elaine. What are you, twelve!?!

'Derp, and what if we were to cast Largo!?! Wow, what a unique idea, I can't believe no one has posed the idea of Largo yet! Thank GOD you're here Joshi, Largo would have been completely forgotten if you weren't too fat to leave your computer.

Wait, what if we were to cast Walley!?! OOOh, that would be fun, or WHAT IF we were to cast Murray!?! WOW, this is fun. I like pretending to be Joshi, all these sweet ideas coming to me! WAIT, I got it, WHAT IF we casted GUYBRUSH!?! Who could we get to play Guybrush!?! Scarlett Johannson maybe?

You might if you weren't some fat loser who spends all his time online using the same formulaic posts.

'I think (insert current popular actor name here) would be good playing (insert obligatory character here) because I have no creative ideas of my own so I have to go for the easiest, most obvious choice.'

Like, I don't know, say Scarlet Johannson as Elaine. What are you, twelve!?!

'Derp, and what if we were to cast Largo!?! Wow, what a unique idea, I can't believe no one has posed the idea of Largo yet! Thank GOD you're here Joshi, Largo would have been completely forgotten if you weren't too fat to leave your computer.

Wait, what if we were to cast Walley!?! OOOh, that would be fun, or WHAT IF we were to cast Murray!?! WOW, this is fun. I like pretending to be Joshi, all these sweet ideas coming to me! WAIT, I got it, WHAT IF we casted GUYBRUSH!?! Who could we get to play Guybrush!?! Scarlett Johannson maybe?

Okay, dude, seriously! You're taking it too far. I realise you're new, but insulting other people on the Lucas Forums is not allowed. In fact it is a huge offense.

Uh, what?

Unless he's using a proxy, his IP suggests he's from Hutchinson Minnesota. Even if he is using a proxy, his Location says City of Angles, which suggests LA (or perhaps Bangkok).

Phantom Knight, don't worry about him, he's a troll, if you ignore them, they go away. ;)

Atleast I CAN leave. Here it is years later and you're still spending your entire life at the Monkey Island forum. Haven't you wanted to achieve anything in your life other than a high post count? Almost seven thousand now. Does that give you a sense of accomplishment? Does it keep you warm at night knowing you've had the distinct honor of spreading your "wisdom" to so many people you don't know and won't even miss you if you suddenly left? I mean sure, they might say, 'where's Joshi? I haven't seen him around for a while.' and for about a week the "Where's Joshi" thread would stay alive but when you never showed up again the thread would die and the forum would go on with business as usual and NO ONE would even notice you ever existed. There is a very distinct line between being a fan and being a fanatic, and you my friend are so far gone you can't even remember there ever being a line. It's just a video game Joshi, let it go.

Heh, God. Are you someone else on these forums or something Rye? You seem to really have it in for Joshi, know his posting habits, and are going beyond the call of duty in trying to put him down.

If you're using a smurf account then that kind of makes you at least twice as lame as however lame you perceive Joshi to be.

I'm not going to defend anyone though as everyone's entitled to an opinion, as long as it doesn't end up downright vicious. ;

Rye, what is that with you and trying to take over my part? If anyone's going to pick on Neil's "wisdom", it's me, me, me. At least you (A) could have asked and (B) shouldn't do that in the first place. Plus © :dozey: get a sex life yourself, because what's wrong with you man, you take it serious enough to fight internet personalities. What does that give you? Something among the lines of err.. compensation, because you just found out that you actually are supposed to have a penis?

Oh, gee, that's though, I really feel for you.

Thrik, what was that you just said about getting vicious?

I'm gonna go run crying to my mommy now because Ray Ray's a meanie!

I'm entitled to an opinion!?! Damn, what is it with you people? You remind me of my bloody college art teachers. Artists are cool like that, you can fnck with them all you want and they do that whole paper tiger routine. I mean, $hit man, I once turned in a project on which I intentionally did a crappy job because I just could not force myself to care about doing a good job and the teacher thought it was great. She held it up in class and showed everyone how I was thinking outside the box and did something so completely different from anything the rest of them had done, and used me as an example of how the rest of them should strive for individuality. It wasn't long afterwards I just stopped going.

Dude, we need that one here!

Thrik, what was that you just said about getting vicious?

I'm gonna go run crying to my mommy now because Ray Ray's a meanie!

Yep. I'm the old, slimy, pink chewing gum you just stepped into.

I'm entitled to an opinion!?! Damn, what is it with you people? You remind me of my bloody college art teachers.
Uh-huh. *nods*

Artists are cool like that, you can fnck with them all you want and they do that whole paper tiger routine.
Really? *cares*

I mean, $hit man, I once turned in a project on which I intentionally did a crappy job because I just could not force myself to care about doing a good job and the teacher thought it was great.
Yeah, show'em. Show'em that they cannot do that with you. You're not a product, you're a penis-less monster!

She held it up in class and showed everyone how I was thinking outside the box and did something so completely different from anything the rest of them had done, and used me as an example of how the rest of them should strive for individuality.
Oh. So,.. you're simply the man or something and chicks dig on you?

It wasn't long afterwards I just stopped going.
You're one nasty mother****er, aren't ya?

Wow, now that was a boring story, man. I rather watch paint drying. Or hear Neil philosophising about possible Guybrush actors.

I said you're entitled to an opinion because I don't really care about you nor your cat fight on the internets, and am at work and funnily enough have stuff to do. What I really meant is that I can't be bothered dealing with you and would rather just let you get it out of your system unless you go too far.

I assume you were hoping for a bigger reaction, but what you're in actual fact doing is making yourself look like a dickhead. Please go and do whatever it is that makes you infinitely cooler than Joshi.

Thrik, can't we have it put into the official list? And if you say no, I'll ask Niner. Or Rhett. Or Remi. Or I don't know, maybe I'll just have to wait until my Name is in bold italics. But then.. THEN!! XD

No seriously, it's almost on par wiz da spinnaz, huh? =)

Dunno, really. What I know though, is, if I'd call you a poopy loopy doopy spooty doofus, who enjoys wetting his pants, not only at night, I'd be right. Totally. Then again, maybe you may want study the forum rules, in particular the part about flaming and trolling, to find some answers for yourself.

Official list?
LF "Official list" of smileys, cap'n!

You dissapoint me, Rye Rye. At the beginning you got a point saying that the whole discussion of possible-actors-to-play-the-characters was in fact a bit pointless; then again, it doesn't hurt to share opinions, but I don't see the point in posting loads and loads of threads of "suggestions". Of course, this is MY point of view about that subject, and I don't intend to claim it is the 'absolute truth'.

...But then you started to insult everyone that doesn't agree with you, and saying that you're the 'real' human being in this forum, that you DO have a life, etc., etc. I think it's really nice to talk about an old game with people that shares your same interests, just like talking about a movie, book, place, anything at all. And it's each person's problem if they have a life or not, you don't have to criticize people about that.

BTW, I don't give a d@mn if you post threads of critisism against me. I don't have the time nor patience to get myself into a fight about "who's right", and much less with someone like you. It's YOU who should get a life; stop posting here and go somewhere else. I know that many posters agree with me...

Archived