Home

GTA:IV

MTV2

Look at the trailer :dozey:

EDIT: And don't get all of your panties in a twist just cause I said the character models don't look as good as the environment. That's the way things are, environments are so much easier to create than human models. Plus since this is coming for PS3 and Xbox360 these things should be scrutinised since the graphics are one of those systems forte. I have no doubt that the overall environment will be HUGE and extremely detailed, that's a given, though I'm more worried about one thing. Overall content and gameplay. Is it gonna be just like past GTAs but with better graphics, more detail and a larger environment? Or are there gonna be a lot of new and interesting things that none of us have even thought would be in the game?... These things are important, and I hope that those kinds of new things are in the game.

I loved how they inspired themselves from Koyaanisqatsi for the trailer, that movie is awesome.

They do the time lapse thing too.

It is odd, the game seems to be a cross between Liberty City and New York City. Also, I have heard a few rumors of Young Maylay (CJ from GTA: San Andreas) being involved in the project. Could CJ be making a return?

Meh... I lost hope in the GTA franchise after San Andreas came out. Vice City is their greatest achievement with the humour, graphics and the storyline. With San Andreas, they got greedy and made it into a pathetic attempt to mix racing games with an action game and covering the loss in the plot with a huge land mass. I hope that they won't make the same mistake here and do just another San Andreas with a poorly driven plot and more racing than interesting missions. And if they forget the humour that I found was completely lost in San Andreas, I won't even bother myself with the game. It's just not GTA without the funny.

I want to see if they provide the game with the traffics of Manhattan if it's based on NY. That would be one helluva good place to get money with all the taxi drivers to drag out of their cars and Donald Trumps driving about.

Besides, the main character is clearly a stereotypified Russian. I can see no difference between him and Vlad from Max Payne. The game industry is seriously offending some Russians now that the Cold War has ended :p

Agreed, Vice City is as good as it got.

I wonder how large they'll actually end up making the play environment. Make it too large anc complex and it'll be a hassle for people to get around and do things, make it too small and people will complain that it's not what they expected from a next generation game... heh, I just imagined people getting lost in a videogame for a moment then XD

the guy seems to be Eastern-European/Russian.

the only thing that they left out in Vice City was a hidden mission where you took out Jack Thompson at some Take-Two/R* lawsuit or something.

the reason i love these games is because they're soo open. it can take you months to get 100% completion and you can still do other stuff.

I wonder what movie they're basing this on. GTA:III was (mainly) the Goodfellas, Scarface, The Sopranos. Vice City was Scarface(mainly), Miami Vice, Carlitos Way. and San Andreas was alot of 90's westcoast gangsta rap.

hopefully they won't make the traffic too realistic or else it would be like The Getaway, you won't be able to drive around alot.

Archived