Home

[RUMOUR] Kotor MMO in Production.

Bitmap212

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is, yes. Try not to worry, though. Rumors about K3 are bound to pop up now and then. They have before, too, though this is the first time I've heard it was to be an MMORPG. It would also go totally against the basic concept behind the previous KotOR games.

Nah, I'll believe there's a K3 when Lucasarts itself says so.

That's a very narrow-minded opinion of how Star Wars games should be. Just because the only Star Wars MMO made so far went straight down the drain at the hands of the idiot developers doesn't mean there can't be a good one in the future.

But if there ever is another MMO in the Star Wars universe, I don't want it KOTOR era.

I agree with all those who say that EGM is off their rocker on this one. I just don't see how or why LucasArts would do something like this. Not to mention what Emperor Devon already did about BioWare stating in no uncertain terms that they are not working on KotOR 3.

Of course a KotOR MMO wouldn't technically be KotOR 3 but whatever the case IMO it wouldn't make much sense to have a KotOR MMO.

That's a very narrow-minded opinion of how Star Wars games should be. Just because the only Star Wars MMO made so far went straight down the drain at the hands of the idiot developers doesn't mean there can't be a good one in the future.

The problem is that people want to play as a Jedi, no matter what happens. Only the flight sims and Rogue Squadron managed to avoid the problem because it would make little sense to have a pilot wield a saber while sitting in his cockpit. Hey, look at what happened to Battlefront. The second one had to include playable Jedi even though, IMO, they're unnecessary.

Star Wars games without Jedi have had little success.

There's too many balance problems to consider. The Jedi can't be too powerful because then nobody would play another character class. It can't be too weak or else it wouldn't be true to the source material. Not having them playable will just have hordes of whiners crying for lightsabers or "it ain't Star Wars".

Whichever developer gets to do another Star Wars MMO would need to have huge testes to resist the fan pressure for Jedi inclusion. Unfortunately, there is no such developer.

Originally posted by TKA-001

Eh..it ain't narrow-minded at all, Imo.

There is already a SW MMO. If they'd decide to create another one, it would be a stupid, because SW-fans would have to choose. Not to mention the loss of a single-player RPG franchise. It would ruin their Kotor-fanbase.

Plus, how do you plan on making the story well? After all, Galaxies ruinied the complete EU with it's "Obi-Wan Appearance" , "HK-cameo" , and all. :(

If you'd make an MMo out of it, it wouldn't work. Because K2 explained there are only a few Jedi left. How do you exlain several millions of Jedi running around the servers then? :xp:

Same goed for the missions. According to EU, a padawan is 'coupled' to a Master. If you want to make an MMO, we'd have one NPC Jedi Master, with as much as the afformentioned 2 million padawans.

To conclude:

MMO: NO

SP RPG: YES

Il stick with SP,but if an MMORPG was made its one of those damn Galaxies Expansion pack,i have the first 3(i got these for 2005 christmas,my aunt got them from america)and thanks but no thanks,i would play galaxies if it woulnt be so damn expensive!!!(i would play RS member instead and we know how people think RS Sucks to hell),RS is 5 dollars,SWG is like so-WOW-price-like.in estonian money(kroon)its like 75(RS) and i dont know how much thar SWG price is.The same money i can spend if i played galaxies i could buy KOTOR 1 of 2.

According to the latest issue of EGM (in the rumour section), Bioware are developing a Knights of the Republic MMORPG.

Awful news if true. Isn't the single player experience why Knights of the Old Republic such a good game?

If Galaxies is anything to go by, this won't work especially if its with SOE.

Yeah, if this becomes a reality i think it may destroy the Kotor franchise, i mean i'll still play the games and enjoy the single player ones but it just won't help it more i think. I wouldn't like to lose that reality of me being the greatest hero in the Star Wars universe :D

I mean i bet every one who has played the Kotor games hasn't ran around the room after completeling the game, twirling a toy lightsaber around, making "swooshing" noises and shouting, "I'm Revan, bow down before me for i am your master!" :D

Bringing Kotor online would just make me sad, i wouldn't like to be travelling around with a million other exiles. :)

It's false. As Moeller said, nobody wants another MMO now, especially after WoW stole everybody's subscribers. And secondly, KotOR is a strictly single-player franchise (I hope) and it will not be taken multiplayer, ever.

I'd like to see some sort of multiplayer option in Kotor 3, maybe in the swoop racing minigame - i think it'll give the series a nice twist; but a Kotor MMO i believe will destroy the series. Like so many have said it's a single-player only franchise and should stay that way. Besides, who would want to pay playing fees for a Kotor experience when you can just buy Kotor 1&2 and play that instead - a ridiculous idea at best!

Archived