Home

[RUMOUR] Kotor MMO in Production.

Bitmap212

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you must do it again...and again...and again.

Hmm, damn, didn't know that. :)

....because there is a slim chance the quest reward will be the 'Awesome Toewarmer of +5 vs Ewoks'

Got 'em, Uber pwnage. Innit. :D

Another thing why they shouldn't bring Kotor online, i can't stand all that online talk:

n00b, nub, pwned, pwnage, etc.

Character: In you face Revan! I uber pwned you! Go home and play with the

other n00bcakes!

Revan: Eh?

Character: I dunno either, but everyone else says stuff like that.

Revan: Damn, i should never of signed that deal with lucasarts.

While we all know you can't trust rumors, this month there was a reather specific rumor about KOTOR. Basically, the Rumor Mill guy says that Bioware is forming a new team to create a MMO version of KOTOR.

While this is obviously just a rumor, it is exciting to think of the possibility. He also says that the same source told him that The PC Exclusive Dragon Age from Bioware will also be coming to the PS3 and that the new DS game is Baulder's Gate. So if those come true, it gives the MMO game a better chance.

I highly doubt this. I don't think Lucasarts wants to touch another MMORPG. SWG is a disaster!

If it is true however, I think it is the worst thing that could possible happen in the series. I played Knights of the Old Republic after getting very tired of every MMORPG I was playing (EQ, EQII, SWG). It was like an awakening! I realized the problem with MMORPG's, is that everybody wants to be the center of attention.

Take SWG for example. They originally wanted Jedi to be VERY rare. Problem was, EVERYBODY wanted to be a Jedi. So they gave in, and now everybody can be a Jedi. Of course, being a Jedi is no longer special because of that.

If they make a Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG, you will have everybody wanting to be Revan/Exile/etc. Obviously, that can't happen.

The best part about Knights of the Old Republic was the story. I don't see how a truly good story can exist with an MMORPG, in which players believe they are actually a part of it.

If Bioware can pull that off, that could be interesting. Frankly, I have EXTREME doubts as to whether an MMORPG of this kind can work. Personally, I would much rather see the series continue with single player games. That way, everybody is the center of the story.

While we all know you can't trust rumors, this month there was a reather specific rumor about KOTOR. Basically, the Rumor Mill guy says that Bioware is forming a new team to create a MMO version of KOTOR.

While this is obviously just a rumor, it is exciting to think of the possibility. He also says that the same source told him that The PC Exclusive Dragon Age from Bioware will also be coming to the PS3 and that the new DS game is Baulder's Gate. So if those come true, it gives the MMO game a better chance.

No! That's not true!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooo.......

I actually found some MMORPG engines and I thought of converting them into creating a Star Wars MMORPG, taking place during the Great Hyperspace War. It would be a stragery game though, and Jedi would just be military units being used by generals to blow up enemies. It would be less like Runescape and more like running around like merchants getting tons of credits.

If there is demand for MMORPGs, should I actually make such a game and thereby stop LA from doing such stupidty, ruining the KOTOR era to make a couple of bucks? I would rather ruin any era rather than the KOTOR era...and actually playing in the Great Hyperspace War might actually be fun.

I would be supremely disappointed if an MMO came out. I might consider amputating my own leg in frustration. As a temporary dialup user this prospect leaves me out of the loop, which is not where I want to be in the kotor community. Blast it all!!! I wouldn't even consider destroying kotor is so petty an manner. And even worse I would have to buy it and spend many days playing this game anyway, because afterall it would be part of kotor.

I will be rather disappointed if this turns out to be true and no more KotOR single player games are developed as a result.

Well, everyone is afraid that it will replace KOTOR 3. Maybe not? Maybe it's just an MMO in the KotOR timeline. Everyone being a Jedi does make sense now. A lot more then in Galaxies.
Interesting. So perhaps the KotOR MMO could become the place for all those that wanted to play as Jedi, where Jedi players are dominant, and SWG could go back to the way it was originally set up, where Jedi are fairly rare. Such a move would have the potential of satisfying two large but diametrically opposed player groups. Still, having two SW MMO's seems like it would be audacious and rather risky in terms of getting enough players. Things that make me go hmmm...

I've heard this too on EGM. But do LA really expects us to play two MMORPGs of Star Wars? And worse, transforming the franchise on a trash pit full of insatisfied SWG players? They better think on what they're doing. Now, I'm not denying the game already, but I hope they son't do *unwrittable* with the franchise.

While in ways it IS a good idea, Kotor needs a central plotline to be interesting. I could see an MMO working if it was done very, very specificly, but overall I think it'd be far too complicated.

Lets just stick with single player or possibly co-op.

Archived