Home

Tie Fighter Glitch: Battle 13 Mission 7

Goomba

For those who aren't too sure...

This is where you defend the Vorknkx Project from Zaarin from swipping the tech for the Nth time...

As far as I can tell.. the sequence of events is supposed to be the following:

1: You start killing fighters...

2: The ISD Glory arrives to kick the tar out of the Frigate on "your" side

3: The Corvette Vorknkx gets stolen / Pair of Shuttles flying to the asteroid base

4: The calvary arrives minus one interdictor crusier.

5: More Rebel/Imp butt kicking continues ^_^ <cue imperial March>

Problem is.... I kill all the fighters... the frigate goes boom... and the glory just sits there.... the shuttles start circle each other in front of the hanger bay in the asteroid. I even toyed with them by shouting orders (shift w then shift h) to see if I could break the loop... nope.. nadda... zip... nothing.

If I go after the Star Destroyer.....as soon as its shields hit zero... it high tails it out of there and then the interdictor arrives telling me to dock with the Grey Wolf... only to find out that its not there.... even waiting for it dosen't yield anything.

In short... because of this supposed "glitch" I can't get through the mission.

Any suggestions? I didn't find a patch.

This is the windows 9x version of Tie Fighter from the X-wing collectors pack.

Any and all suggestions would be great....

Thanks.

Update: Ok thats just plain weird.

3rd round I tried focusing on the TIE Interceptors as they were the ones lauching rockets at the frigate.... now the mission is running as it should.

Me thinks this is a logic error perhaps? (as far as programming goes)

Odd...

That and the Assualt transports didn't Kamikazi into the asteriod base either...

I suspect its a timing issue....

Very odd.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread I found with Google but I am having the same problem and it's frustrating. :( I actually managed to keep the Frigate alive and the Glory just left on it's own. Then the Frigate goes and docks with the asteroid base, the Combat Utility Vehicle (Reload) and then trys to dock with itself! I I brought the hull of the Frigate down to 50% and it jumps out, but the shuttles get stuck flying in circles. The Grey Wolf never arrives.

• 1 year later...

i think i have a solution :) :)

like you Thrawns shuttle kept circling around the base, the ISD Grey Wolf never arrived and the Correlien Corvette never left base.

i did things things in this order:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
  1. browse the Nebulon B Frigate in your targeting computer
  2. store it at position F5
  3. press F5 then "A" to select those units that are attacking the NBFRG
  4. clear the rest of the fighters
  5. this is only necessary if the NBFRG hull strength is above 50%.
    if it is. attack it with your laser cannons so that Thrawn will enter his shuttle
  6. now attack the base with missiles to lower its shileds to 0% and its hull strength to less then 50% the Corvette will then leave the base and the ISD will arrive and primary mission complete.
  7. Make sure thrawns shuttle safely reaches the Grey Wolf when it does your primary and secondary goal will be complete :)

Archived