Home

"Visibility" of the powers

I'm replaying this fantastic game and I've noticed something that maybe it would be funny to discuss (it's quite irrelevant, though).

While you're playing, you can see the psychic energy all time: when you use TK, you see the "hand" picking up the object, when you use levitation you see the energy ball which makes you levitate or float... but in the videos, when characters like Sasha use their powers, apparently all this is invisible (at least as far as I remember). For example, at the beggining of the game, when they grab Raz with TK, there's no "magic hand" grabbing him, later after the Basic Braining, when Sasha leaves after talking to Raz, he levitates a bit and the "magic ball" doesn't appear either.

The only power I remember being visible in the videos is the psychic beams (now that I'm replaying the game I will "check" this).

So what do you think? The energy being visible in-game is just a way of putting clear the nature of the powers and making the game "nicer" but it's not supposed to be visible? Or maybe not?

I guess it's a way of psychics "seeing" something else psychic. Maybe playing as Raz, you are psychic so hence can see the bear's TK claws and students' levitation balls. Perhaps the cutscenes/videos are from our POV so we're not suppose to see the psychic energies. <--Though that wouldn't explain the opening cutscene in which (as Raz) you're getting pulled through the air.

Also, keep in mind that Razputin's still new; no doubt, Sasha and Milla have ways to disguise their psychic energies from lesser psychics.

Archived