Home

KotOR 3 - No Obsidian Please!

The Source

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jediphile, that's a little harsh don't you think?

I was only hitting you with a stick...*whimpers like a puppy dog oh oh with puppy dog eyes :D*

*cough* Ermmm....

QFT= quoted for truth ok, i take back what i said Jediphile, now you have to take back the slicing of me :D

• 3 weeks later...

I agree in something; the storyline of KOTOR was far more interesting. Still, you had to talk through most of the game, barley seeing any action. In KOTOR2, the story is less interesting, but controls are improved and the talking and fighting is balanced, not like in KOTOR that you could just ramble on forever without making such great progress. Perhaps what they need is that Obsidian creates the fundamentals of the game like combat, controls, etc. and a better company like Bioware do the plot, because these are their expertise areas.

The reason why there was so many problems with TSL had absolutely nothing to do with Obsidian rather the blame should be placed on Lucas Arts doorstep. They bumped up the release date by several months on Obsidian whom then had to rush to meet the deadline, then Lucas Arts denied their request to make a patch to fix things and improve the story. So don't blame Obsidian for being forced to release something long before they were ready to.

I hope not to sound too much like a hypercrite, but I do have to agree with something. Even though KotOR II doesn't feel anything near like Star Wars, I still had some fun in exploring new locations. I kind of wish that Korriban was expanded upon, and I would have liked to look around the Sith base.

Archived