Home

More body parts than head, torso and lower?

SMoKE

mmm, if memory servers, the skin system for this is actually inside the engine, so I don't think you can do it.

However, you might want to double-check by looking at how the game loads skins on the client side. I know that the skin part names are seperated by "|"s when processed by the code. Try looking for "|" in the code.

Yeah, yeah, I've imitated the code wherever I could find something related to the other skin parts.

It still ain't working in the menus, but when I try the model cmd in the console, I get the errors:

Skin name exceeds MAX_QPATH

Shadername exceeds MAX_QPATH

So, I tried to make MAX_QPATH a little bigger, but it still didn't work. Is it bad, by the way? To make MAX_QPATH bigger?

I think you're stuck with the MAX_QPATH since it's a engine related setting. However, you can do a workaround by making your paths shorted by reinstalling your mod and JKA to a shorting path. IE, D:\JKA vs D:\Raven Software\Jedi Knight Academy\

QPATH doesn't include your install path.

Only the virtual folders in the quake file system ie: in each mod folder.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I've seen people fix their MAX_QPATH issues by reinstalling to shorter dirs. But, maybe that was only Modview?

Archived