Home

bug after the leviathan escape..help.

DreadWizardDM

Hey all, I am having a major bug issue. After escaping the leviathan the cutscene goes back to the "pre-leviathan" cutscene where carth is talking about getting his revenge. I have several mods installed and have tried to even totally remove the overide folder and still no dice. Is this a mod conflict?? What should I do?

plz help cause im stuck

Ok I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and its still messed up :( I have tried 3 save game slots all of which are on the leviathan and now none of them will even load sinse i reinstalled the game. I have all the updates and have even tried messing with the kse to see if i could fix it that way but no dice. I did the worlds in the following order.

1. Tatooine

2. Kashykk

3. Korriban

4. Leviathan (improper cutscene at end..reinstalled game and now cannot get any of the save games to even load at all).

Please help me. I can even email my whole overide or savegame files if needed for someone to check them to see if they can get them to work. I am totally frustrated after hours of playtime and hours of trying to fix this problem. Heeellpppp..

Ok I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and its still messed up :( I have tried 3 save game slots all of which are on the leviathan and now none of them will even load sinse i reinstalled the game. I have all the updates and have even tried messing with the kse to see if i could fix it that way but no dice. I did the worlds in the following order.

1. Tatooine

2. Kashykk

3. Korriban

4. Leviathan (improper cutscene at end..reinstalled game and now cannot get any of the save games to even load at all).

Please help me. I can even email my whole overide or savegame files if needed for someone to check them to see if they can get them to work. I am totally frustrated after hours of playtime and hours of trying to fix this problem. Heeellpppp..

Generally, it doesn't matter what order you choose to complete the planets, as the game still reaches to the same conclusion, with slight variations to the story (i.e. if you do Korriban after the Leviathon, if you decide to double-cross Yuthura Ban without double crossing Uthar or triple crossing Yuthura you won't have to kill Uthar and he asks you before you leave of your true identity. After the encounter with Malak previously, you of course realised you are the Dark Lord Revan. Similarly, if you do the same things on Korriban but do the planet before The Leviathon Uthar asks the same question, but you can't answer that your Revan as you haven't found out yet). Therefore the order you have done the game in is not your problem. If the problem is re-occurring it sounds like you have something wrong with the copy you have, the best advice i can give is to uninstall everything (mods aswell if your playing any), buy a new copy and reinstall. If the same is ocurring yet again it could be that your computer is not all up to spec. for the game, which has been known to cause problems later in games even if you can run the game at the start.

Hope this helps at all! :thumbsup:

My PC is definately able to handle the game, here are my PC's specs and my kotor ini file.

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 389MB used, 3549MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7950 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)

Monitor: ViewSonic G90fb-2

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9147 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/30/2006

Registry: OK

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [DF00]

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_20021102&REV_04

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys

Driver Version: 5.12.0001.1196 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 8/11/2006 15:45:38, 499584 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Creative

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0xF5F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 4000, 192000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 64, 62

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 64, 62

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: Yes

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives

------------------------

Drive: C:

Free Space: 312.3 GB

Total Space: 381.6 GB

File System: NTFS

Model: SiI RAID 0 Set 0 SCSI Disk Device

Ok now here is my kotor .ini file

[sound Options]

Sound Init=0

Music Volume=85

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=85

Movie Volume=100

Force Software=0

EAX=3

Disable Sound=0

Number 3D Voices=16

Number 2D Voices=24

Environment Effects Level=0.60

2D3D Bias=1.50

Environment Effects=1

Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1

Environment Effects Streaming=1

[Game Options]

EnableCheats=1

GUIsInScreenShot=1

EnableScreenShot=0

Reverse Mouse Buttons=0

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=33

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=0

AutoSave=1

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

Enable Tooltips=1

Difficulty Level=1

TooltipDelay Sec=1.000000

Memory Access=1

Memory Level=1

Disable Movies=0

[Movies Shown]

Movie 0=112

Movie 1=0

Movie 2=0

Movie 3=0

Movie 4=0

Movie 5=0

Movie 6=0

Movie 7=0

Movie 8=0

Movie 9=0

Movie10=0

[Alias]

HD0=.\

OVERRIDE=.\Override

TEMP=.\Temp

MODULES=.\Modules

LOGS=.\Logs

LOCALVAULT=.\LocalVault

DMVAULT=.\DMVault

SERVERVAULT=.\ServerVault

STREAMMUSIC=.\StreamMusic

TEMPCLIENT=.\Tempclient

SAVES=.\saves

CURRENTGAME=.\currentgame

TEXTUREPACKS=.\texturepacks

STREAMWAVES=.\StreamWaves

[Graphics Options]

V-Sync=1

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=0

Anti Aliasing=0

Texture Quality=1

Emitters=1

Grass=1

Soft Shadows=0

Shadows=1

Brightness=57

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=1

RefreshRate=75

Width=800

Height=600

[Autopause Options]

Mine Sighted=1

End Of Combat Round=0

Enemy Sighted=1

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=1

[config]

firstrun=0

[Keymapping]

Action286B=8

Action286A=7

Action285B=10

Action285A=9

Action284B=54

Action284A=51

Action283B=54

Action283A=51

Action282B=69

Action282A=73

Action281B=53

Action281A=76

Action280B=69

Action280A=73

Action265=52

Action264=57

Action263=43

Action262=85

Action261=84

Action260=83

Action259=82

Action258=81

Action257=80

Action256=79

Action255=78

Action254=77

Action253=31

Action245=75

Action244=55

Action243=67

Action242=74

Action241=87

Action240=56

Action239=68

Action238=82

Action236=83

Action234=81

Action232=80

Action230=79

Action228=78

Action226=77

Action225=70

Action224=90

Action223=31

Action222=25

Action221=24

Action220=29

Action219=28

Action218=42

Action217=87

Action216=65

Action215=63

Action214=62

Action213=60

Action212=61

Action211=66

Action210=59

Action209=71

Action208=89

Action207=72

Action206=30

Action205=55

Action204=67

Hope this helps as far as information goes. I am still banging my head against the wall over this one. I remember this happened to me before a few times and I reinstalled the game with no mods and got it to work through the following cutscene, but now I cant even get it to load. Could it be because this time through I am using a custom character? ( Someones head mod with transitions etc etc..and not a standard character?).. I have already tried remaking the character with KSE but still no dice.

Hope this helps as far as information goes. I am still banging my head against the wall over this one. I remember this happened to me before a few times and I reinstalled the game with no mods and got it to work through the following cutscene, but now I cant even get it to load. Could it be because this time through I am using a custom character? ( Someones head mod with transitions etc etc..and not a standard character?).. I have already tried remaking the character with KSE but still no dice.

Yes, your PC is definately equipped to play the game - sure beats my comp! :lol:

Hmmm... a custom character shouldn't be the cause of you problem, i always play as twileks without any problems whatsoever. I strongly think it could be the game itself causing problems for you - i remember the first time i got Kotor and for some reason there was a bug in my copy of the game in that after the Leviathon scene with Malak (the one when you find out you're Revan) my game froze and kept freezing every time i hit that point. I tried everything to remedy it, without success, so i just went out and bought a new copy, and guess what, it worked fine without a hitch! It could be down to simple manufacturing errors in the game cd that is causing you the problems. If you want to try to avoid buying another copy (which may not even be the problem) try playing with a standard character rather than the cutom one your using and see what happens. If it works then that was the problem (the mod) but if it doesn't then i'm also lost along with you. Have you tried contacting helplines? Usually there is a helpline in the game manual for technical support, they might be able to help you out.

Hope any of this helps :thumbsup:

Have you tried contacting helplines? Usually there is a helpline in the game manual for technical support, they might be able to help you out.

That number has been disconnected / dead forever lol. I remember that this happened to me before with a non custom head character and I had to reinstall the game fresh with no mods to get through the cutscene after leviathen where the group is standing around and carth tells them your reven. For some awkward reason it wont load now at all even after the reinstall. I dont think I have a bad copy of the game, but I just might try getting a new copy on DVD "the best of" at the store and see how that goes. Im using the latest updates also. I never bought HK but I dont think thats even needed. Wish I was the worlds best video game programmer / designer/ graphic designer / coder / modder in the world LOL.. id just remake the whole game lmao. Id launch my own k3 and worry about lawsuits later haha. Has anyone else had this problem??

Sincerely; Desperate.

That number has been disconnected / dead forever lol. I remember that this happened to me before with a non custom head character and I had to reinstall the game fresh with no mods to get through the cutscene after leviathen where the group is standing around and carth tells them your reven. For some awkward reason it wont load now at all even after the reinstall. I dont think I have a bad copy of the game, but I just might try getting a new copy on DVD "the best of" at the store and see how that goes. Im using the latest updates also. I never bought HK but I dont think thats even needed. Wish I was the worlds best video game programmer / designer/ graphic designer / coder / modder in the world LOL.. id just remake the whole game lmao. Id launch my own k3 and worry about lawsuits later haha. Has anyone else had this problem??

Sincerely; Desperate.

I've never tried the number, wouldn't know it was disconnected. You would thin kthat the helpline for technical difficulties would stay open for more than a few years - seems like the developers don't really care about the people whom buy their game. Wish i was the world's best modder in all, but i'm not and never will be as i don't mod (although i would wish to learn to do so) - if Kotor 3 never comes out, it would be good if a large modding team took matters into their own hands and finish off the Kotor story for all those eager to play more.

Archived