Home

Roleplaying Servers

Guest Upgrade

Guest Upgrade
I still don't get why anyone wants to ruin a perfectly good shooter and role play in it...

Because JK3 games were created as a shooting game. But after they released it people found out that it has the potential for more things. Look at Hydroball. It doesnt even have any attacks.

Roleplaying is fun on a JK3 server. It doesnt degrade JA. It actualy makes it look much better.

I mean if we only did what the game gave us there would be no mods, no Machima's and such.

Anyway besides critisim is there any more roleplaying servers still around?

Don't ask me, I stay away from anything of such. It's just silly to sit around in a server and just talk or take 10 minutes just to kill someone with a noobstick.

I'm here for the fast paced CTF or an all out guns/force + g_forceRegenTime 200, no flipkick, no gripkick, no ledge-grab, no holsters, no jesus moves, no sp anims, no JA- period. You haven't really been around long enough to know that people used to always play like such or if you even mentioned the term of honor or laming such as in JK2 you'd be ban't on sight.

Guest Upgrade

Yes thats all in the past. I have been playing JO and JA for longer then you think. Nowadays servers That enable everything just track noobz and suckers to the server. You know, stupid cocky people who have nothing to do but run around with a gun gripkicking people for no reason. Thats the reason I want to roleplay on JA. Because if I wanted to shoot people in a game. I would just play Halo and get over with it.

Wahaha! I see the old debates are still alive and kicking, even after this many years.

Nowadays servers That enable everything just track noobz and suckers to the server. You know, stupid cocky people who have nothing to do but run around with a gun gripkicking people for no reason.
That is a nonsense.

People who want to play FF guns in a free-for-all are neither "noobz", nor "suckers", nor are they necessarily stupid or cocky. FF Guns FFA has been a very popular, very enjoyable mode of play since the days of DF2: JK, all the way back to 1998.

Many many people have enjoyed this game mode for what it is, and the fact that you personally don't enjoy it doesn't mean that you are in any way superior to them as a person, or as a player.

Thats the reason I want to roleplay on JA. Because if I wanted to shoot people in a game. I would just play Halo and get over with it.
This doesn't make any sense. JK, MotS, JO and JA were all designed with guns modes in-built, as well as sabre modes. Guns were and are there to be used. Frankly I could say to you just as easily "If you want to roleplay in a game, play KotOR and get it over with". It's a roleplaying game. JO isn't a roleplaying game, it's an FPS, it's a combat game.

"Roleplaying" in JK/JO/JA is no different than roleplaying in CS or Quake. If it floats your boat, fine. Go and make one of those "roleplaying" servers you've been talking about. But don't pretend that sitting around chatting in a server is in some way "better" than playing the game the way it was designed to be played.

If you've been playing the JK series as long as you claim, you'll know the background story to this debate: Back when JO first came out, people like yourself, roleplaying people, came onto free-for-all servers and demanded that other people roleplay along with them. They accused those who wanted to use guns and force of being "no honour noobz", and often kickvoted them out. This was clearly self-serving and altogether reprehensible behaviour. It was bad for the game, bad for the community and bad for the poor FFA players who slowly found their FFA servers stolen from them by complete and utter wierdos.

That's the dark history of roleplaying in JO/JA. In my opinion it was and therefore is a total blight on the game, and it's a truly distasteful memory for yours truly.

Yes thats all in the past. I have been playing JO and JA for longer then you think. Nowadays servers That enable everything just track noobz and suckers to the server. You know, stupid cocky people who have nothing to do but run around with a gun gripkicking people for no reason. Thats the reason I want to roleplay on JA. Because if I wanted to shoot people in a game. I would just play Halo and get over with it.

BTW, great community. The hard part is siphoning out the MBII community from the true blue RPGers and cool people. We have a pretty active clan. We play everyday.

off topic:i have registered there as dran and i have before(about a month ago)but i havent been accepted to the forums for some strange reason

anyway,back to topic:there are 2 rpg servers on forcemod3 though.you might want to download it.

Similarly, if you wanted to roleplay, you would play Galaxies or other RPG.

Please keep in mind that Star Wars Galaxies has a monthly fee of $15.00 a month.

Besides

Almost ANY game CAN be used for roleplaying, especially JK3. I am PRETTY sure that on the back of the JK3 box or in the manuel, it didn't say something like "This game was made for people who want to run around and kill people without end, this is NOT a game for 'weirdos' who actually want to socialize and chat, have friendly duels and other 'weird' stuff like that."

If you want to run around and kill people without end, then visit servers that allow that, I have found plenty.

No, but when you load the MP levels it does say that in FFA for example that you are supposed to kill other players for points. ;)

Please keep in mind that Star Wars Galaxies has a monthly fee of $15.00 a month.
True. I was responding to the logic that said that if I want to play with guns in JO I should play Halo instead.

Archived