Home

Upheaval - The Brieder War I

Shana

Tirin hated being in charge. It meant two things, one was he couldn't do either of hsi jobs, take point and blow stuff up. Second was that if anyone died under his charge, it would not be good for anyone, friend or foe.

"Keep moving boys, Wilkins, take point." Tirin ordered.

"Aye sir." Wilkins said and jogged off ahead. However within a few seconds he was back. "I found the APU guys."

"Good job, lets move!" Tirin said and the whole unit hastened to a jog until they reached the APU operators. "Lt. Cortez will be here as soon as possible, until she does return I've been put in charge, which reminds me." Tirin said. "Greene, contact Cortez, tell her we've found them and give her out position." Turning back to the Operators. "Report."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S202A was surprised to find Lt. Cortez coming through the brush as he looked up.

"You really scared me soldier I thought I lost you" -Cortez told him when she came upon him - "I'm sorry for the things I said earlier, I did not mean it, I just tend to think any help provided by my father's minions is a slap in the face. I do value your help and your life as a man soldier."

But before he could say anything a gun shot was heard, and Lt. Cortez turned to start speeking to the new Spec. Ops woman. But as the conversation carried on, S202A found his mind searching for answers as the arguments ensued.

When it ended however, the Shade found he was all too disturbed by the same words as before. He was a 'minion', for he was under LT. Cortez's father, and that accounted for him being a freak then too.

He slipped his boot on, and as he got up to face the lieutenant, he decided to respond to what she had said to him earlier, "ma'am, in response to earlier, I'd have to say that I'm not a man, I never have been, and I never will be. I was trained as a...minion, and I will always be one, for I don't even know what the basic emotions are like: sorrow, happiness, anger, even love...ma'am, I don't even know what it's like to have a crush. You're a human being, a common soldier, I'm a genetic alternative, a freak, and I'll serve my purpose, and die, not even knowing what it's like to not go to war, to live a normal life."

"Please don't humor me by calling me a man...and saying you value my life," he told her in his fluidic and chilling voice. It was the first time he had ever spoken out to his superiors, but it was about time he said something, seeing as his service was almost over. His head was swimming with a weird feeling, but it began to dissipate as he turned his attention off of the subject.

He followed Faith quietly then, staring at the ground as he went, looking up at Faith every once in awhile, every time he did he got a strange feeling in his gut, and a dropping feeling in his chest, along with a light, but strange adrenaline feeling around his stomach aswell. He wondered if this was anger, then again, from what he knew of anger, and the different body functions that occured with anger, such as head rushes, and extreme adrenaline rushes, along with swimming hormones, he could guess this was not anger...then what was it, he was certain this wasn't sorrow, for he wasn't crying...not that he ever cried, having disfunctional tearducts saw to his lack of crying for as long as he could remember.

He dismissed it for now, and moved on, following Faith like an obedient animal. But after awhile there was an unnatural calm, S202A spoke up, but softly, "something's coming...a big something....a lot of somethings...I feel their hatful and hungering thoughts on the back of my mind...may I recamand we hasten ourselves, or else we might be overtaken by whatever's coming our way."

Wilken Encounter(If you don't mind me controlling Wilkens?)

Art heard a familiar noise, like somthing was watching them, yet didn't snipe them. He turned around pointing the gun out at the man who stepped out from a tree holding onto it and looking down at where he was stepping. He slapped the arm of Ace, making him stop and turn around. Soon all four men were staring at the unknown man walking towards them, hastily. "Who might you be?" Ace asked as the man slowed down in front of them.

"I am Wilkens. Are you guys the APU squad?"

"Yes."

"Finally. Follow me the army is behind me, marching this way. We found Charlie."

"Alive?"

"Yes. Oh and we also tried contacting you."

"Really?! Johnson said he switched the frequency, so no brieders find us."

"I don't think that worked because I heard a noise from somebody else, not human but more like a screech." Johnson pointed out.

Art started staring at him crazily. "Idiot. Now they know where we are and the whole army is here. Wilkens go ahead and tell them that enemies are coming."

"Ok." he started ahead from where he came from. "Hurry we need to get to the army and then to our APUs."

They started running a bit, while behind Wilkens.

The four men greet the temporary leader. "Hello, I'm Art nice to meet you." (referring to Tirin.)

"And I'm Johnson!" he happily said, while all 4 held out their hands.

"I'm Ace."

"And I'm James. Nice to meet somebody new, every once in a while in a massive forest."

"Tell me about it, you guys come to this forest often?" Tirin joked as he shook each of thier hands. "I radioed Lt. Cortez, she should be here soon, then we can get moving, judging by the surrounding terrain, we have a defendable position, so we should be fine here until Cortez gets here." Tirin informed them. "Where are your APUs?"

"Where are your APUs?"

"Only 4 of 5 have been found, with two functioning properly and the other two not so well, but can move. The last one we have no clue, but its around the vicinity of the others." Art quikly glanced around the horizon. "I plan on finding the last one if Charlie is alive. If you don't mind helping a bit."

Faith took the radio and climbed over the waterfall they had climbed a few minutes ago, she realized for what she heard from afar that the troops had not gone too far which was a relief.

- "Tirin, I found the Shade, we're going back, have you got to the APU guys?" - Faith asked as she continued ahead.

- "We just climbed the waterfall and are on our way to your position, get the comms officer to patch you through to the forward command center to call for pick up" - Faith said into the radio, then she looked at the Shade after he commented about something coming, then she held the radio once more - "Keep going, what ever is comming our way it's big, we'll double time to your position but do keep me posted on the pick up".

"Sir yes sir." Tirin said. "Conroy! Contact the command center, call for pick up, tell them bring something that can carry some APUs as well. Everyone Alert 1, intelligence says something is coming our way, and its big, we all know what to do, no heroes, but don't be a coward either!" Tirin barked. They all headed to the last APU cautiously.

Art, Ace, Johnson, and James just walked slowly behind Tirin. Ace then told Tirin, "Hey The last one should be around here somewhere." Then he spotted it the APU was there but not alone. Their was a few screechers in the air and two sitting on the APU.

"What's the plan?" Johnson asked anybody near him.

"I say take out the ones in the air and then the ones on the APU since they won't get far after they hear the shots. Tirin?" James answered Johnson, then facing at Tirin.

"Good plan, but I want one marksman per screecher, I want all down in one go, no oen advances, it could be a trap." Tirin whispered. within a few seconds one marksman per screecher was setting up to take down thier prey, just waiting for the order. "Only when I say...Now!" Tirin whispered. all went down except one in the air, but ti was taken down again by three more shots from the marksman who noticed. Then there was a small vibration. 'not good..."

((Waiting for you Miracle, no rush though :p))

Faith continued down the path to her troops, the Shade and Liz weren't too behind. She could hear rifle fire a few yards away then felt a small vibration. She got onto a big tree to look from afar and saw two giant things, held down only by chains with like a dozen or more brieder scouts gripping them tightly.

- "Oh not good" - Faith said and then ran towards the position of her soldiers. Finding Tirin she was loosing her breath - "We gotta move.....now......Goliat Brieders marching here. Move out men and run!"

"Whoa wait what? Goliath brieders? as in the City kilers? holy frig..." Tirin quickly snapped out of shock and followed the squad in formation, as wide as possible, sweeping style. There was no possible way to destroy those without some heavy artillery or maybe a squad of tanks.

Art, Johnson, James, Ace, and Charlie, finally awaken, all scattered to where there APU's were left last. They jumped into the units then grabbed the controls. They maneuvered their units towards the groups and noticed trees falling behind them in the distance. "Commander, we need to move faster or hide somehow!" Ace yelled out as the other APU's were to far away to talk to Faith. The APU's started firing once they were spotted, with only noise of machine gun blasts, and some ground vibrations with every step.

Tirin stooped, turned and ran back towards the goliaths.

"I'll meet you up ahead, I'll try and slow them down." It was a good thing Goliaths were predictable. Tirin took off his pack and started laying mines, lots of them. He customized each one to focus its explosion downards. Hopefully to creat a deep enough trench to buy them some time. Once set Tirin ran as fats as he could, ignoring the burning sensation in his legs, back and arms.

Faith turned over to the Shade and gave him a nod in approval.

- "Go ahead soldier. All the rest move forward, get to the mountain side. Comms officer call in the extraction now!" - Faith said and began to move forward with the units. As Tirin headed for the Goliath Brieders, Faith looked at Wilkins and Makamura.

- "You go and give Tirin backup, after you're done meet us up at the mountain side" - Faith said.

Liz Ryan's movements were so fluid it almost seemed unnatural as she glided through the trees, the sniper rifle cradled in her arms. On one occasion, a group of smaller Brieders came charging trough the trees, but Liz was almost frighteningly efficient in the rapid aim and fire of the sniper rifle. Three dropped dead before they could get even remotely close to the group and the other two were shot down by Liz with her handgun, a bulky thing that looked as if it shouldn't be held by one hand. But that's exactly how she fired it... left handed too!

"They're narrowing in on our location," she said coldly. "Lt. Cortez, we have got to keep moving."

S202A gave a nod to the lieutenant as she gave him the go ahead, and he veered off as the lieutenant commanded her men to push towards the mountain with due speed.

The Gun Sargeant reached a small clearing as he hobble ran towards an uplift in the terrain, givving him a vantage point above even the trees.

As he reached the peek he could feel a vibration, then when he looked over, he saw one of the goliaths stumbling and falling.

The other slowed down, this was his opportunity, he upraised his rifle, flicking a small switch a red beam of concentrated energy flickered on, using his scope, he could see the small pin-prick resting on the still standing goliath's skin.

S202A knelt down to keep himself steady while he reached back with one arm and methodically pressed a few buttons on his pack. He then spoke outloud into his E-Comm unit, "all units, prepare for missile override, any within the area, leave immediately, rendevous at the mountain region, Shade-202-Alpha, over and out."

He then continued to press a few more buttons on his pack, a second later a clicking noise was heard, and then his emergency radio pack kicked in, S202A patching the message in to all the others in his group so they could hear and know.

What was heard was a cool, femanine, semi-artificial voice that spoke calmly through the E-Comm, which broadcasted to all of his squad's comms. "Silo open, launch detected, heavy damage, imminent," the voice said, before the whole broadcast was shut off.

S202A kept holding his rifle in a steady position, keeping it aimed at the goliaths as they were geating themselves oragnised again, so they could get moving once more.

After an unknown amount of time, and a long time of held baited breath, S202A flicked the targeting beam off, pushing himself up to stand. To most it seemed he had given up, and had stopped targeting, but that wasn't so, he was simple waiting, no amount of targeting would help at this period of the launch.

S202A's pack began beeping rapidly, until it was no longer a beep, but a long squall of noise. He looked up, as the goliaths had finally begun moving, he saw it, the missile came streaking from the clouds, straight down, the goliaths were getting slightly ahead of it's impact spot, but that wouldn't matter, they were slow, they wouldn't make it.

The missile soared down, until it came down with great speed, but before it got below the tree-tops the whole scene seemed to go in slow motion for S202A, and he marveled in the sight, a smile spreading across his masked and goggled face. Then in a flash the missile hit, a gush of wind and energy from the impact surging outwards, S202A could feel it buckle the upraised cliff he was on.

A firey stream of hot energy and fire billowed outward and upwards, the goliaths getting caught in the mess, one's back burst into flames, it let out a ear splitting cry, before it thrashed about, and then fell, burned to death in moments.

The other, closer to the impact was nearly entirely insinerated, it's remains falling to the ground. The Brieder scouts in the region stood less of a chance than the goliaths, while the forest in a large radious around the impact was literally flattened, the trees outside of this flatening area were burning, the trees outside of that area lacked leaves due to the gust of impact energy, and the fires would eventually spread to them.

S202A was barely ouside of the damage radious, as he stood adoring the sight, his body glowing with hot orange and red colors from the firey billowing mushroom cloud that still rose up from the ground in the not-so-far distance.

His last missileoverride, he would remember it until his inevitable retirement. He waited as the fire began to fade from the cloud, then the cloud begn to dissipate before turning around and walking off to go find his squadron at the mountains.

((Sorry if I went too far too fast, but I just want to get everything my character saw out in one post.))

• 3 weeks later...

The APU squad quickly made their way to the mountains as they heard a massive explsion behind them. They noticed feiry ball raise above the trees then fall catching the trees on fire. "Faith," Art yelled into the radio, "We don't have much time before the fire burns much of the forest away, and even us. We need to find an area on the mountain with no trees or vegetation."

Archived