Home

worth getting?

Ali1392

would you say this games still worth getting?

how do the graphics compare to Battlefront2, The epasode 3 game, and hitman bloodmoney?

how does it play e.g. is it like KOTOR (RPG) BF2 (FPS) EP3 game(Third person sword game thing), Bloodmoney (tactical third person shooter)

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are my favorite games of all time. The graphics and gameplay are awesome. JO and JA is a FPS. It is 10 times the game the Episode III game is. The Episode III game is just a hack and slash video game in a restricted environment. In JO and JA not only are there enemies to shoot and kill but there are dark jedi to lightsaber fight with, all kinds of force powers to use, puzzles to solve, and huge levels. If you get the PC versions of these games there are addon sp and mp levels to download. These games are worth every penny. I am totally hooked on them. The games also have the awesome John Williams score playing during the levels.

I use ctrl for my crouch. here's most of my config if you are curious.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Bills Config file

// Last Modified: 2/9/07

unBindAll

seta model "shadowtrooper/blue"

seta name "Padawan"

//exec Recordingdemos.cfg //done in autoexec.cfg

// MOVEMENT BINDS

bind SHIFT "+speed"

bind CTRL "+movedown"

bind SPACE "+moveup"

bind W "+forward"

bind S "+back"

bind A "+moveleft"

bind D "+moveright"

// FORCE BINDS

bind E "force_pull"

bind R "force_throw"

bind Q "force_healother; force_forcepowerother"

bind F "force_speed"

bind G "force_seeing"

bind C "force_rage; force_protect"

bind 5 "exec bills_config/boon_on.cfg"

bind MOUSE4 "force_absorb; +force_drain"

bind MOUSE5 "force_heal; +force_lightning

bind UPARROW "cl_noprint 1; exec bills_config/light.cfg; forcechanged; wait; KILL; wait 20; echo ^5light ^7force cfg loaded"

bind DOWNARROW "cl_noprint 1; exec bills_config/dark.cfg; forcechanged; wait; KILL"

bind LEFTARROW "cl_noprint 1; exec bills_config/light_chase.cfg; forcechanged; wait; KILL; wait 20; echo ^5light chase^7force cfg loaded"

bind V "kill"

bind RIGHTARROW "cl_noprint 1; exec bills_config/lightoffense.cfg; forcechanged; wait; KILL; wait 20; echo ^5light offense^7force cfg loaded"

// WEAPON BINDS

bind MOUSE1 "+attack"

bind MOUSE2 "+altattack"

bind MWHEELUP "weapprev"

bind MWHEELDOWN "weapnext"

bind MOUSE3 "weapon 11; saberAttackCycle"

bind ALT "weapon 2; wait 5; weapon 9; cg_thirdperson 0" //ROCKET LAUNCHER

bind X "weapon 2; wait 5; weapon 6; cg_thirdperson 0" //IMPERIAL REPEATER

bind Z "weapon 2; wait 5; weapon 8; cg_thirdperson 1" //FLECHETTE

bind 1 "weapon 1"

bind 2 "weapon 2"

bind 3 "weapon 3"

bind 4 "weapon 4"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// TEAM BINDS

bind CAPSLOCK "say_team ^1<<^7--INCOMING--^1>>"

bind F1 "say_team ^1<<^7--FLAG RETURNED/CAP--^1>>"

bind F2 "say_team ^1<<^7--GET FLAG--^1>>"

bind F3 "say_team ^1<<^7--HEAL/ENERGIZE ME--^1>>"

bind F4 "say_team ^1<<^7--INCOMING LEFT--^1>>"

bind F5 "say_team ^1<<^7--INCOMING RIGHT--^1>>"

bind F11 "say ^4-=^7YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE TORNADO ZONE^4=-^7"

// OTHER BINDS

//bind B "use_bacta; use_bactaBig"

bind B say "^7:^0[^7 - gr1m"

bind TAB "+scores"

bind I "messagemode4"

bind K "engage_duel"

bind L "vote no"

bind O "vote yes"

bind T "messagemode"

bind Y "messagemode2"

bind U "messagemode3"

bind [ "team r"

bind \ "team s"

bind ] "team b"

bind ` "toggleconsole"

bind ~ "toggleconsole"

bind PGUP "toggle r_fastsky"

bind F6 "toggle r_fullscreen; vid_restart"

bind pgdn "toggle cg_drawradar"

I just bought it within the last month and I love it.

I have all those maps except the Council chambers.

I even have the younglings.

JA reminded me why I used to buy PC games. I now rent games for my 360 and will buy PC games. Except Mass Effect, I'm buying that. :)

A lot of default JKA servers use JA+ (quite an irony there). It's mostly a server mod, with nifty stuff like emotes. However, there are a few awesome mods I recommend.

Open Jedi Project - an epic mod that revamps the saber combat system into one that's movie-realistic and tactical, and has a lot of new features like co-op and an freely customizable class system with an RPG-like experience points system. One of the best mods me thinks, has a lot of potential to evolve into an entirely new game on its own (warning: possible biasness because I'm involved in working on it too :D)

Movie Battles II - Great team-battle mod that recreates scenes from the movies. It plays a lot like Counterstrike and Enemy Territory. Saber combat system is also different from the default JKA's. Creates a very strong authentic feel for Star Wars fans

Forcemod III - pretty good mod, adds in a class system and a whole lot of nifty new gadgets

These are the main multiplayer mods that people are talking about. For other mods, you can check out JK2files

I just bought it within the last month and I love it.

I have all those maps except the Council chambers.

I even have the younglings.

JA reminded me why I used to buy PC games. I now rent games for my 360 and will buy PC games. Except Mass Effect, I'm buying that. :)

Congrats on your purchase. I started playing Dark Forces over 10 years ago and have played all the Jedi Knight series. 10 Years is still not enough for me because I love these Jedi Knight games so much. If you haven't tried Jedi Outcast for the PC I recommend that game to. I think it has a better story than JA. There also a lot of Addon levels and mods for it to.

One of the only reasons I got JA was because of its Multiplayer and the fact it was the sequel of JO. JO was one of my favorite games at the time because of its kickass SP. So I thought that JA would have an even better story. Alas I was wrong. But if you like multiplayer games then play JA.

Congrats on your purchase. I started playing Dark Forces over 10 years ago and have played all the Jedi Knight series. 10 Years is still not enough for me because I love these Jedi Knight games so much. If you haven't tried Jedi Outcast for the PC I recommend that game to. I think it has a better story than JA. There also a lot of Addon levels and mods for it to.

I played all the other games when they came out. I just decided not to buy JA. I think at the time JA was in development my focus was totally on KOTOR. Now I realise I just should have bought both. :D

Archived