Home

Overrated Bands?

urluckyday

AkumaSF, would you care to enlighten us on exactly what they -do- sing about? Now, now children, I know you're all raising your hands for this one, but I want Akuma to answer it...

I'm just going by the lyrics here, but only 2 songs of them out of the ones i've heard have any real meaning I understand, them being The Black Parade and that new single. But songs like Helen, or whatever it's called, seem to tell me that he wanted that girl to die, or something.

And here's something interesting:

In Kerrang! magazine, issue 1138, My Chemical Romance won the following categories in the 2006 poll: Best Band, Worst Band, Best Album (The Black Parade), Worst Album (The Black Parade), Best Track ("Welcome to the Black Parade"), Best Video ("Welcome to the Black Parade"), Best Live Show, Best Thing About 2006, Worst Thing About 2006, Hero of 2006 (Gerard Way), Villain of 2006 (Gerard Way), and Sexiest Male (Gerard Way). In issue 1139, Kerrang! rated The Black Parade as the 4th Greatest Album of 2006.

Best and worst album? Best band and worst band? What the...?

I think the answer is everything that is overrated is paid for and marketed that way by the major label record industry.

If we didn't have them spending billions of dollars to ingrain in our heads what to like and what is good music, why we would all listen to our own niche brands of music and never argue on the internet anymore.

That is not good.

Time to show my fossilness, but I've always thought that The Cars & Foreigner were overrated. All their music sounds the same. There's hardly any variations in the tracks on there albums. **Goes back to listening to KFSL.** :p

• 3 weeks later...
nine inch nails. i hate them
I'll agree to that, somewhat. I do like a lot of NiN's songs, but there's an equal amount of them are just unlistenable. Still, I think most metal in general is unlistenable, so Trent's doing pretty well compared to the rest of the genre.. :p

Green Day takes the cake. Patently awful.
One song by them is good, and that is Boulevard of Broken Dreams. The rest of the entire album is crap, and the rest of their albums are trash... I think that's the only CD I have that I regret paying for.

U2: Hell no they're not overrated. :D Of course, I lurves my U2, so I'm kinda biased, but with all the good songs they've put out over an incredibly long time, I think they probably deserve their fame. If you don't like any of their songs, well, I'm sorry but you're missing out. :p

I do kinda think that everyone makes a big deal about the 'emo'-ish bands like Death Cab For Cutie, when they haven't even been around long enough to 'earn' it, so to speak. I admit, I do listen to it some, but the way everyone seems to go crazy about them seems more like an identity thing for people than for love of the music...

50cent (Lame melody's, lame rhymes and lame in general)

50 cent needs to die. He f*cking fused his crappy rap with Queen, and had the balls to put it on a CD. F*cking Q-Unit my ass.

~spits~ there, that's vented. I have to agree with all the bands already listed. That emo crap sucks, and I gotta say, Fergie's overrated just because of how full of herself she is, and how annoyingly overplayed all of her songs are.

Archived