Home

Living up to expectations?

urluckyday

I don't like how Steve's 12 page digital comic is updated for an Eisner.

Sure the art surpasses all of his runner ups by many years of grind and toil, but the comic is updated like once a month. How is that really participating in the "digital comics" realm?

Anyways, I think the Beekeeper thing will win the Eisner, but I would rather Sam and Max did, since just about every comic on the web is created by some egoist who has a half assed 14 year old drawing style.

I seriously doubt you have that kind of cash readily available. The thought occurred to me to move the thread, but I didn't want to hamper such an uncharacteristically productive conversation.

C'mon this is America we should be able to find many chicks willing to **** for bacon.

There's a bunch of easy chicks at my work if you want to come to a Walgreen's somewhere near Rice University.

The Rice University seal has Molach, the owl god that the free masons goto Bohemian Grove to worship, on it.

I find that disturbing.

And the pay is okay, better than all my other jobs, but I'll probably quit soon.

Does the company as a whole treat everyone like ****? Is that why they pay more? Im just curious cause I've heard from other people that Walgreens pays well, even when they have alcoholics working there, so I was just wondering if like, they pay you well, then once a month every is gathered together so a distract manager can come in and tell everyone how they all can do better. No matter how much better they do.

Cause that **** gets annoying, Ive been a manager before, and when I had boosted sales 6 times higher than the last manager, I still got chewed out as if I wasnt doing good enough. And they screwed me out of my bonus check for boosting sales so much, by moving me to another store a month before the bonus checks went out. This store was a pile of crap, adn the previous manager a coke head, and a bunch of loser employees that were drunk half the time, then I boosted sales at that store, and they tried to move me again to another store. Basically they were playing musical chairs with me, letting me build up a good customer base, then moving me on elsewhere and screwing me out of the bonuses I had earned..........As you can see by my rambling, I'm still pissed by it.......SO uh....Does Walgreens do crap like any of that?

Oh yeah man, theyre always petty. Like I said, I worked in a restraunt, and I mean, I would get word that the district manager was coming in, so I would make sure the store looked flawless, and they would look, and look, and look, till they found ANYTHING. Once on a 112 degree day, they asked me why the soft serve ice cream machine that was like, WWII era, was leaking...I told them because its 112 outside and 105 in the store cause they never fixed the AC, and the machine isnt made to hold liquid. And they just shook their head at me like I was a fool.

Another time I got told there was dust on the fence outside....This is in NEW MEXICO...IN THE DESERT....Where the wind blows sand and dust constantly. I actually had to make an employee clean the fence, and when the DM came back the next day, and told that employee she didnt do a good enough job because there was still dust on them, the employee quit.

Good times....Good times...DMs need to learn that people in these positions hate their jobs and are only there for income to try to live off and hopefully have enough left over to entertain themselves on days off to prevent a murderous rampage.

Um, good guy?

To tell you the truth I kind of wish I had used all my good SAT scores and nutgarbage to go to Rice. I would probably be a pretentious dickwad and all, but at least my life would be a lot more stable and wealthy.

And then maybe I would purchase thick rimmed black glasses that did not have perscription lenses so I could fit in with all the cool kids and say Indeed a lot and smack my lips too ****ing much on the radio while playing Death Cab for ****S.

EDIT: Where did you get that Wii and did you pay retail price or less?

Archived