Home

NWN2 patch information

Pavlos

Source

The patch has been removed due to some technical difficulty or another - it should be back soon enough.

Neverwinter Nights 2 – Version 1.05 Patch Notes

March 30th, 2007

NEW FEATURES

General

--A beta implementation of Multi-Select is now available as an option in both the DM Client and main game client. By default, Mouse 4 will select the entire party, and Mouse 5 or holding CTRL+Left Click will enable lasso selection of party members. We are planning to continue to revise and improve our Multi-Select functionality in future patches.

--There is now an “Advanced Options” button on the Server Options panel. Server Administrators can specify two URLs in this menu: One, intended to point to their server’s homepage, if it has one, and one intended to directly point to the server’s latest PWC file. Players will be able to see these links from the Server Details on the Internet Game browser and clicking them will launch the user’s Browser and direct them to the URL specified.

--There is now a 4th parameter to the DisplayGuiScreen() script function that allows a user to define the name fo the *.xml file to load if the 'ScreenName' can't be found inside the INIs already. This will allow custom GUI creators to add GUIs (Using the ui\custom\ folder) and not need to edit the INIs stored in ui\default to make the game able to load them.

--Augment Summoning and Augment Healing are now selectable once their prerequisites have been met.

--Players can now adjust the scale of their player models in the character creation process.

Scripting

--A bDisplayFeedback=TRUE parameter was added to both ActionGiveItem and ActionTakeItem. Changing it from the default of TRUE to FALSE will keep the feedback strings from appearing in the chat window when these script functions are used.

--2DAs queried by script functions are now cached. This should increase performance of scripts that frequently reference 2Das.

--Within the Script Editor, hitting the Tab key now creates 5 spaces instead of inserting a tab character.

Toolset

--Within the appearance.2da, NWN2_Scale has now been split into three columns: NWN2_Scale_X, NWN2_Scale_Y and NWN2_Scale_Z. This will allow users to scale creature appearances non-uniformally through the appearance.2da.

--The Grass, Creature Appearance Type, and Creature Soundset lists are now sorted alphabetically.

--There is now an option to have the TAB key insert 5 spaces instead of a TAB character in the Script Editor.

BUG FIXES

General

--The Quick Cast menu was blocking movement clicks for its entire area – even parts that were not visible. Players can now click through any non-visible part of the Quick Cast menu.

--Feats will now properly show their cool down timer countdown.

--The Chat Window is no longer cleared after an area transition.

DM Client

--The DM Chat toggle could previously not be turned back on after it was turned off. This has been fixed.

Effects/Spells

--Certain multiclass characters could lose spells from their hotbar after making area transitions. This will no longer occur.

--The Reflex save for Defensive Roll can now happen multiple times per day.

--Manyshot was previously always applying the full attack bonus and penalty to hit, regardless of the character’s BAB. This has been fixed.

--Female Drow Clerics would be previously be forced to pick a new deity at level up if they had selected Lolth during character creation. This has been fixed.

--Spears now give the proper 3x critical damage multiplier.

Toolset

--Several words that previously were incorrectly being highlighted by the syntax highlighter will no longer be highlighted.

--The GetIsPartyTransition() flag for triggers always returned true, regardless of what was set in the toolset. This has been fixed.

--The DescID column in NWN2_Dieties.2da can now accept a string enclosed in quotation marks in addition to a STRREF.

Bug Fixes from 1.05 Beta

--Augment Healing and Summoning were not selectable. This has been fixed.

--The functionality of the Height and Girth sliders has been improved and allows for more attractive results now.

--The TAB key inserting 5 spaces rather than a TAB character is now optional in the script editor.

--Barter and Trade will now work from the Radial menu in Multiplayer.

--Spears are now giving the proper 3x critical damage multiplier.

2DA Changes

The following 2DA files have been changed in v1.05:

appearance.2da

baseitems.2da

classes.2da

cls_atk_1.2da

cls_atk_2.2da

cls_atk_3.2da

cls_bsplvl_arctr.2da

cls_bsplvl_eknight.2da

cls_bsplvl_harper.2da

cls_bsplvl_palema.2da

cls_bsplvl_wprst.2da

cls_savthr_barb.2da

cls_savthr_bard.2da

cls_savthr_cler.2da

cls_savthr_cons.2da

cls_savthr_dru.2da

cls_savthr_fight.2da

cls_savthr_monk.2da

cls_savthr_pal.2da

cls_savthr_rang.2da

cls_savthr_rog.2da

cls_savthr_sorc.2da

cls_savthr_wild.2da

cls_savthr_wiz.2da

damagelevels.2da

feat.2da

hen_companion.2da

hen_familiar.2da

iprp_damagecost.2da

iprp_srcost.2da

keymap.2da

placeables.2da

racialtypes.2da

spells.2da

In addition, the following 2DA files have been added in v1.05:

cls_featmap_arctr.2da

cls_featmap_eknight.2da

cls_featmap_harper.2da

cls_featmap_palema.2da

cls_featmap_wprst.2da

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see they are still working on improving the game and not just abandoning it like many other game companies seem to do with their products nowadays. :nod:

Source

The patch has been removed due to some technical difficulty or another - it should be back soon enough.

It sure sounds reassuring that a patch can go through a full beta test cycle and be released only to be yanked moments later due to presumably serious enough issues. :)

--A beta implementation of Multi-Select is now available as an option in both the DM Client and main game client.

--Augment Summoning and Augment Healing are now selectable once their prerequisites have been met.

--Players can now adjust the scale of their player models in the character creation process.

--The Chat Window is no longer cleared after an area transition.

Hmm, is multi-select similar to how you controlled your party in the Baldur's Gate and PS:Torment games, where you can put your party members into formations and move them in groups? I hope the controls are configurable for those of us who don't push around a small keyboard on our mousepads. :)

I hope they've fixed the Augment feats actually being used by the scripts as well. The majority of the cure spells ignored the Augment Healing feat entirely before.

Variable character scale would have been nice with my Dark Elf warlock so she wouldn't have to be roughly the same height as Khelgar. :) Wonder if you can adjust the scale of your character afterwards as well? I started a new character recently and wouldn't be too keen on having to start over. Perhaps can be modified in the savegame with a GFF editor.

As for the chat window keeping its content: :emodanc:

It sure sounds reassuring that a patch can go through a full beta test cycle and be released only to be yanked moments later due to presumably serious enough issues. :)

Something to do with the toolset not opening, I think.

Hmm, is multi-select similar to how you controlled your party in the Baldur's Gate and PS:Torment games, where you can put your party members into formations and move them in groups? I hope the controls are configurable for those of us who don't push around a small keyboard on our mousepads. :)

I believe the multi-select is similar to that in the Infinity engine games so :emodanc:. However, we don't have party formations yet, which is a shame.

• 4 weeks later...
1.06 BETA is out now.

Perhaps a mod could change the title of the topic to "NWN2 patch information" or some such.

Hmm, did they get the 1.05 patch re-released again or did they skip it entirely in favor of 1.06?

(Changed thread title.)

Hmm, did they get the 1.05 patch re-released again or did they skip it entirely in favor of 1.06?

They re-released 1.05 a while ago :). It seems the patch was so large it caused problems so far as coordinating efforts went, turns out they've dropped the large patches in favour for smaller patches which are close together. The original 1.06 is now 1.06, 1.07 and 1.08 (as far as I can tell). So we're getting the same content but rather than there being a dry-spell then a monsoon, we're getting a healthy trickle of water.

Edit: I haven't got the patch but I read something about all the Neverwinter Nights 1.68 script functions being in the game now.

• 1 month later...

NWN2 v1.06 is now out, chaps and chapettes.

New Features

Custom Content

• Several new UI customizability features. Among them, users can now set textures on UI objects via script, and users can set the state of progress bars via script.

• Spells that have multiple casting modes can now be cast from items (i.e., protection from evil, meteor swarm).

Scripting

• Many new script functions have been added.

o SetGUIObjectTexture()

o UIObject_Misc_ExtractData()

o UIObject_OnRadial_DisplayCustomRadial()

o UIObject_Input_ActionTargetScript()

o GetInfiniteFlag()

o SetInfiniteFlag()

o GetKeyRequiredFeedbackMessage()

o SetKeyRequiredFeedbackMessage()

o GetPickpocketableFlag()

o SetPickpocketableFlag()

o GetTrapActive()

o SetWillSavingThrow() (Used for Doors and Placeables only)

o SetReflexSavingThrow() (Used for Doors and Placeables only)

o SetFortitudeSavingThrow() (Used for Doors and Placeables only)

o SetLockKeyRequired()

o SetLockKeyTag()

o SetLockLockDC()

o SetLockUnlockDC()

o SetLockLockable()

o SetHardness()

o GetHardness()

o GetAreaSize()

o SetUseableFlag()

o GetPlaceableLastClickedBy()

o SetGUIProgressBarPosition()

o IntToObject()

o ObjectToInt()

• Placeables now have an OnClick event. This event will fire whenever a user clicks a placeable, regardless of whether the user can currently path to it.

• EffectSetScale() can now be used to scale creatures non-uniformally along different axes.

• SpeakOneLineConversation() now has a volume parameter that understands Whispers and Shouts.

• GetAttribute() now takes a parameter called nBaseAttribute=FALSE. If made TRUE, then the value returned will be the creature's BASE attribute instead of total.

• CreateItemOnObject() now has a 4th parameter that allows users to set the tag of the created item.

Toolset

• Undo and Redo now work for Terrain, Grass, and Water painting.

• There are several new hot keys that alter Brush size and pressure in the toolset:

o [ Brush size down 1

o Shift + [ Brush outer size down 1

o ] Brush size up 1

o Shift + ] Brush outer size up 1

o - Pressure down 10%

o Shift + - Pressure down 25%

o = Pressure up 10%

o Shift + = Pressure up 25%

• The Flatten tool has been modified to more gradually slope between its inner and outer height. Additionally, a Pressure setting has been added to the tool to determine how rapidly it applies the change, and the Inner value is now capped at 0 instead of 1.

• A new Cliff_08 texture has been added.

• Higher resolution normal maps have been added to the Cliff_04 and Cliff_05 textures.

Bug Fixes

General

• “Greater Weapon Specialization (Light Hammer)” will no longer show up as “Greater Weapon Specialization (Flail)”

• The Dedicated Server will now load modules from directories as well as from .mod files. To load a module directory from the command line, use the following parameter:

-moduledir <module name>

• Specular Lighting has been improved. Shiny objects should now look better than before.

• Trees and Objects that fade no longer lose their directional light shadow when faded out.

Scripting

• ActionRest() will now properly utilize the bIgnoreNoRestFlag parameter.

• EffectHeal() can now restore the HP of doors and placeables.

• SetTrapActive() now works on Doors and Placeables as well as triggers.

• SetOrientOnDialog() now functions properly.

• ExportAllCharacters() and ExportSingleCharacters() will write to the server vault.

Effects/Spells/Domains

• Bestow Curse now reduces all of the target’s ability scores by 3 rather than 2.

• Energy Drain no longer allows a saving throw.

• The War Domain has been renamed to the Fury Domain, to allow future implementation of a more D&D-accurate War Domain.

Fixes from v1.06 Beta:

• The Turn Undead ability will now function properly.

• Druids, Rangers and Clerics w/ Animal Domain can properly select their animal companions.

• The toolset will no longer throw an unhandled exception when bringing up the “Will Not Buy…” and “Will Not Sell…” dialogues on store properties.

2DA Changes

The following 2DA files have been changed in v1.06:

• ambientmusic.2da

• appearance.2da

• crafting.2da

• disease.2da

• doortypes.2da

• iprp_bonushp.2da

• iprp_monsterhit.2da

• soundset.2da

• spells.2da

• terrainmaterials.2daW

• visualeffects.2da

Edit: All I can say is: Yay! Finally a fully working undo!

Edit: I also want to know when Obsidian will actually tell us what is in their patches... they're underselling themselves; we have an animation viewer in the toolset - which is insanely cool:

animationsij9.th.jpg

NWN2 v1.06 is now out, chaps and chapettes.

New script functions...

o IntToObject()

o ObjectToInt()

Interesting. I wonder where these two functions are used. I suppose they make it possible to store a reference to an object as a global variable.

CreateItemOnObject() now has a 4th parameter that allows users to set the tag of the created item.
Nice. :)

Interesting. I wonder where these two functions are used. I suppose they make it possible to store a reference to an object as a global variable.

As far as I can tell it allows you to 'wield' your object as an integer (i.e. access the actual IDs that the game uses to identify objects).

Edit: Yeah, that seems to be it;

The ObjectToInt() script funciton is just data conversion. The 'object' engine type in the scripting language is really just an unsigned int. Converting the 'object' type to 'int' type doesn't do anything special other than let you now manipulate the object ID as an int.

For example:

object oPC = GetFirstPC();

int nPC = ObjectToInt( oPC ); //nPC now equals the PC's object ID

string sPC = IntToString( nPC );//sPC is now a string that equates to the PC's object ID.

If you copy an object, then that object has a new ID, so ObjectToInt() on the new copy will return a different numeric value.

All this function really does is give you script access to the actual IDs that uniquely identify objects.

I hope this helps explain it a little.

Nice. :)

That would be somewhat risky since global variables are game-wide while all objects except players, roster members and what they carry are module specific. While you probably could do it I can't see where it would be useful that couldn't be handled via "real" object Locals set on an object instead.

They can be useful if you want to create tags that are unique for one specific object.... for example:

object oTarget = GetSpellTargetObject();    
   int iOID = ObjectToInt(OBJECT_SELF);
   string sTag = "IsActive_" + IntToString(iOID);

if (!GetLocalInt(oTarget, sTag)) {
       SetLocalInt(oTarget, sTag, TRUE);
       DelayCommand(HoursToSeconds(24), DeleteLocalInt(oTarget, sTag));
       // Do something...
   }
   else {
       SendMessageToPC(OBJECT_SELF, GetName(oTarget) + " has already been affected by this today, and is immune for the rest of the day...");
   }

That could be used to produce something like a fear aura that can only affect the victim once per day, rendering them immune in the meantime. It would set a tracking local on the victim, but one that is unique to that particular caster (using their OID as part of the variable tag), since you only want them immune to the aura of that creature, not all creatures.

Ah! I confess I haven't looked closely at the nwscript.nss for NWN2. I didn't realize local variables are associated with strings rather than integer "slots". How brilliant that is. Certainly if you can store the info locally, all the better.

Hmm... I took a break from playing Jade Empire and loaded up a couple of modules to see what exactly this new specular lighting is and how it has improved over the old version. The game definitely looks a lot nicer now, shiny surfaces actually shine, eyes shimmer in fire light, and everyone's skin tones look a lot more human (even if they are elves :p) with the new lighting - or at least, that's the way it seems to me. An example:

nwn2ss061607212720pd2.th.jpg

Edit: Jerro looks a little more threatening now that the random blue crystals glow while he's in the shadows and his eyes glint like that - some welcome improvements, I'd say.

Edit: Better would be this:

nwn2ss061607212723ue9.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After finally updating my Neverwinter Nights 2 game with the 1.06 patch something weird seems to have happened on on the key bindings screen. Is this just caused by some weird mod glitch in my game, or does it look like this for other people too?

nwn2weirdsettings1gq6.th.jpg nwn2weirdsettings2mn4.th.jpg

Seems like the Quick Save key binding has vanished too, and cannot be reset on the key bindings screen. :(

Lol, that is odd. I'll see if mine is the same next time I load up the game...

Something wierd happens with the extra quickbars from the patch for me. I'd been using one of the new ones to store racial spells and other items and abilities that aren't spells, but they showed up on the old 8th level quickbar as well for some reason. If I remove them from there they disappear from the extra quickbar as well.

Lol, that is odd. I'll see if mine is the same next time I load up the game...

Please do, if it's just my game that is messed up it's unnecessary to report it as a bug. :)

Something wierd happens with the extra quickbars from the patch for me. I'd been using one of the new ones to store racial spells and other items and abilities that aren't spells, but they showed up on the old 8th level quickbar as well for some reason. If I remove them from there they disappear from the extra quickbar as well.

The extra quickbars don't seem to add any new quick slots, they are just shortcuts to one of the standard 10 quickslot rows.

This must be an issue with one of your edits, stoffe, as I can safely say that this is not an issue on my machine :). I can understand the reluctance to from a quality assurance stand point but I'd like to see them implement a patcher that patches rather than replaces... ah well.

Hopefully it's just a quick fix for you :). If you need it, I can send you an unedited 1.06 dialog.tlk - I always keep a backup, just in case.

This must be an issue with one of your edits, stoffe, as I can safely say that this is not an issue on my machine :)

Hopefully it's just a quick fix for you :). If you need it, I can send you an unedited 1.06 dialog.tlk - I always keep a backup, just in case.

Weird, I suppose something must have been messed up with some INI file or the dialog.tlk file during patching to 1.06. What are those entries on the options screen supposed to really say?

I suspect it's not just some dialog.tlk error since the key binding for quicksave has vanished and cannot be set again as well, but it might be worth a try to test with another dialog.tlk file and see if it makes any difference.

Imageshack is being its usual sluggish self but I managed to (finally) get these up.

Hmm, strange, those strings doesn't even exist in my game's dialog.tlk file. Something must have gone wrong during the updating even though I didn't get any error messages from the updater. :confused:

If you could send me the unbroken 1.06 dialog.tlk file it would be much appreciated. :)

Edit: Figured out how to get quick-save to work again. Apparently the Action71 key was missing under the [keymapping] section in nwnplayer.ini for some reason. Adding it back made quicksave show up on the settings screen and work in-game again.

I'd just like to say that the quick-save doesn't seem to be messed up on just stoffe's computer - it appears to be an issue caused by 1.06. If you have issues, the best thing to do is to use stoffe's method, as posted above :).

I hate to double post but I felt this was interesting enough to warrant it. We now seem to have facial animations... which was unexpected - they're just not used very often in the OC. I have no idea what patch this was implemented in because it certainly wasn't there at launch - as far as I could tell. Some of the animations look a little... umm... odd, or at least badly named. "FACIAL_ANNOYED" would be better suited as "FACIAL_INTRIGUED", for example.

I wouldn't have noticed this but for a strange change in Sir Nevalle's features on a recent play-through:

nevallewj5.jpg

Now to begin the unenviable task of going through the conversations and adding these animations into them - hopefully helping to solve the "bobbing head" issues.

Edit: Hmm... just looking through a few models in the animation viewer, it seems that a lot of the facial expressions are entirely based around the eyebrows - I guess the lips are to do with the lip synch files rather than the animations. Still... it's better than nothing :).

I hate to double post but I felt this was interesting enough to warrant it. We now seem to have facial animations... which was unexpected - they're just not used very often in the OC.

Weird that there wasn't any from the start, most games that contain any form of dialog tend to have them nowadays (even though the quality varies a lot). Perhaps they are adding them bit by bit to the main campaign over several patches? Would go well with the "half finished, some assembly required" state the game was shipped in. :)

Btw, aren't you supposed to be able to pick a tail when creating a Tiefling character, or was it just Neeshka who was retrofitted with one?

Archived