Home

Assistance

legend222

I need some help in another forum I'm debating in. The debate is The Exile vs. Ulic Qel Droma. I orriginaly wasn't going to get involved but as I red the posts I realised that the side that opposes the Exile claims that she/he is an average Force user just with the ability to make bonds. When I say that he/she grows stronger after the Exile kills someone they call it temporary (ridicules). Even more disturbing is their lack of knowedge on Traya (claiming that she was holding back during their battle). And since people who spend time here have at least some knowedge on Kotor and Kotor II I ask for help. If anyone has any interest use this link - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/447745_1-jedi-exile-vs-ulic-qel-droma

Well, Traya MAY be holding back. I doubt it, but she could. We really don't know much, lots of things are left to interpertion, a thing that fanboys for both K1 and TSL fail to realize...Obisidan may WANTED to leave the story so open.

Exile's power is defintently not temporary though.

A quote from the debate:

You basically have a character - in the Exile - that is given a reason for why they are powerful that goes beyond: "they were simply uber in the force".

That, by itself, means that I'd prefer The Exile over Ulic. But, really, who cares? It's like a Revan V. Exile debate, it really doesn't matter.

Well, even supposing the Exile was an average Force-user initially the point is moot. The Masters on Dantooine do say that she gains strength with each person she kills, and she killed off quite a few people during the events of KotOR II.

It's rather self-evident, anyway. She kills three Sith Lords (and three powerful Jedi Masters as a darksider). Not really something most Force-users are capable of doing...

Even before KotOR II I think she was one. Revan did put her in command of the forces at Malachor V and the Mass Shadow Generator... Not the sort of responsibility someone as strategic-minded as him would give to only an average general. One of the best ones in the military, more like.

Well I agree. I haven't even debated that the Exile can win I only try to make people understand that he is above the average Jedi. And I doubt Traya would be holding back it's against what she believes. How many times in the game does she criticise a LS Exile for cheapening the victory of others by helping them. Wouldn't it be the same if she held back? Of course the opinions of people who think that Darth Nihilus wasn't "uber" shouldn't mean much.

If you're going to count game mechanics the Exile of course is more than average.

And gaining power through killing well, now that's interesting isn't it. I'm not too sure but that seems to be the case for every player character in a RPG right? Only that it is "explained" in Kotor II.

Besides, the PC of a RPG is NEVER average.

In my eye's Ulic has much more substance as a character and his story wasn't rushed to meet a deadline, but from what we see of the two, the Exile has more kills under her belt....

but, Tales of the Jedi is Pre-prequel, they base there Jedi on the OT, TSL is recent, Ever since the PT came out people expect more from a Jedi.

Archived