Home

Casting Call ~ Star Wars: Darkness Falls

The Doctor

First off, this is fair warning: this will be a Knights of the Old Republic era story. Yes, we're aware that there's a forum for KotOR. We've completed this RP once over there, and loved the storyline so much we wanted to play it again with a different cast of characters.

The basic plot line is simple - a strange new Sith Lord has arisen out of nowhere, and seems to be searching for something. The Jedi Exile gets swept into the thick of things, and is reunited with an old acquaintance along the way. A mysterious stranger also arises from the pages of the Exile's history, and she must come to terms with her emotions, lest they consume her completely.

ForceFightWMe12, one of my coauthors in the original story, will play the parts of Kira Starr (the Jedi Exile), and Atton Rand. I myself will be playing as both Amol Kotay (more commonly known as Revan), as well as a mysterious man known only as 'the Doctor'.

The basic RP rules apply. I'd also like to request that there be a limit to the number of Jedi characters registered. You may register as any of the Exile's crew, the ambiguous nature of the game's ending notwithstanding. We shall assume that the entire crew escaped aboard the Ebon Hawk, and that none of the companions killed each other. The only character that we do not wish to have played is G0-T0, for plot reasons. Any of Revan's companions may be played as well, though we would prefer that Bastila not be played. The villain is off limits. If you'd like to play a bad guy, PM me. Also, for now, I'd like to have only one character per player. If you really have your heart set on playing two or more characters, again, PM me.

This thread will be used for character sheets, as well as thread discussion. As people join, I will create a list of players and their respective characters.

=-=-=-=-=-=

The Doctor ~ Amol Kotay (Revan); The Doctor

ForceFightWMe12 ~ Kira Starr (The Jedi Exile); Atton Rand

The Scriblerian ~ Avlen Graves

Miracle ~ Visas Marr

Grace ~ Raquel Annerire

Master_Archon ~ Scud

Aedan ~ Drake Incik

Curt-Man ~ Davendithas Loyalar

I want to play in this sounds very interesting, but I have a question first, as the exile is a woman, then the handmaiden can't be played? If the answer is no then I want to play as Visas Marr and if the answer is yes then I want the Handmaiden. But if there is the slim chance that I can play both I will :).

That's an interesting question. I must admit, I never thought about that. Been a while since I played TSL :p.

To be completely blunt, we couldn't care less. :p You can play as anyone you want - even the Handmaiden. This kind of thing is why God created ret-con. We can write Handmaiden in somehow, I'm sure. Pick who you want. :)

I'm signing up... original character, but I'll have to think a bit. Can't just take over WJ's char for this :p

(For those who don't know, I took over WJ's char in the KOTOR forum's Darkness Falls story :D )

So Doctor, I'll want to have a bit of a chat with you... try to catch you online sometime :)

That was explained in the first post, Deathwing. I'd also like to direct your attention to these very non-Jedi Knight threads around the RP forum.

If you don't like it, you don't have to play.

EDIT: Looks like either Deathwing deleted his post, or it was deleted by the administration. I'm not going insane, I swear. :p If I am, so is Miracle. We can't be hallucinating the same thing. :p

Ah, that was me, Doc. Just keeping things tidy and civil. ;) ~9

Thanks, R9. :)

And also by looking at your post count I can see that you are relatively new here, which makes it even more probable that you haven't read the description of this board, so let me sum this up for you, this is the Star Wars "Roleplaying" Forum, which means we roleplay here not only in the star wars universe but others as well (matrix, halo, etc). If you want to talk about clans or modding or anything JK2 or JA related, there are other forums in these boards to do just that.

Doc, I want Visas Marr, I made my choice.

Alright Miracle, you've got her. :)

Looks like we've got a good cast going on. We could do with a few more, but we can go ahead with what we have. Call is still open, but I'll be posting the RP thread when I get home tonight.

Here are my character sheets:

Name: Amol Kotay. More commonly known as Revan.

Species: Human.

Appearance:

• Height: 6'1"
  • Hair colour: Dirty blonde
  • Eye colour: Brown
  • Clothing: Black Jedi robes.

Equipment: One green single bladed lightsaber. Small hold-out blaster with single on-board power pack. Small hand-held sensor/communications unit.

Biography: After defating Malak in the Jedi Civil War, Revan vanished into the unknown regions of space. For five years, nothing was heard of him, and both the Republic and the Jedi Order have begun to crumble without his leadership. He has now returned to known space, and is currently on course for the small moon-city of Nar Shaddaa.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Name: Known only as 'the Doctor'.

Species: Unknown. Appears to be human, but presents evidence to the contrary (two hearts, for example).

Age: Unknown. Appears to be in his early to mid 40s - though his eyes look much, much older.

Appearance:

• Height: Approximately 5'11"
  • Hair colour: Dark brown. Receding.
  • Eye colour: Blue
  • Clothing: Changes partway through the story. Begins with a black suit with brown and white frills.

Equipment: One 'sonic screwdriver'. One blue box christened 'the TARDIS'.

Biography: Nothing is known of this mysterious man, other than the fact that though he appears human, he is definitely something more. He speaks with an odd accent, similar to that of the humans inhabiting northern Talravin, though distinctly different.

Name: Kira Starr, the Jedi Exile

Species: human

Appearance:

• Hair color: blonde
  • Eye color: blue
  • Clothing: standard tan Jedi robes

Equipment: one double bladed blue lightsaber

Biography: PM me if you really need to know this :xp:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Name: Atton Rand

Species: Human

Appearance:

• Hair color: black
  • Eye color: brown? <.<
  • Clothing: Atton's ribbed jacket, pants

Equipment: one vibrosword, two modified blasters

Biography: PM me again :xp:

Name: Visas Marr

Species: Miraluka

Appearance:http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8594/visasfull12479a8sg1.jpg

* Hair color: unknown

* Eye color: unknown

* Clothing: dark red dress and hood with veil.

Equipment: one yellow lightsaber

Biography: PM me for this...

Name: Avlen Graves

• Height: Approximately 5'11"

• Hair colour: Dirty Blonde

• Eye colour: Grey

• Clothing: Gray robes

• Looks- http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/kotorfan/holoway.jpg

Equipment: One silver lightsaber. The force-he looks at it as a tool.

Biography: Found young as a boy, he was raised a jedi until the age of 17 when he decided to leave his padawanship behind and instead travel to the frontlines with Revan and the rest of the jedi that went with him. It was at this time that he meets Arren Kae who he became highly close to during the war. When she died, he immediately departed from Revan’s group in search of something else…he still hasn’t found it.

He believes that he is meant for something, and that affects his decisions greatly. Also, while he did leave before Revan and his group departed and returned as sith, he still doesn’t consider himself a jedi, but instead more of a person with a tool-the force-to use to whatever benefit he thinks best. IE, he never much thinks of consequences.

Name: Unknown

Alias: Raquel Annerire

Species: Unknown. Human appearance

Appearance:

* Height: Approximately 5' 4"

* Hair colour: Deep red, just past shoulder-length, tied back in a ponytail

* Eye colour: light blue

* Clothing: long black gloves, black v-neck shirt, women's leather knee-length jacket, black pants, half-inch heel black shoes

Equipment: one blaster pistol, kept hidden beneath her jacket, a long knife also hidden beneath the jacket

Biography: Three years ago, a little ship crashed on an Outer Rim planet. For two hours, it burned with no signs of life. Then, a woman, also badly burned staggered out and collapsed. She was carried away from the wreckage of her ship, just as it exploded and taken to a hospital. When asked who she was, the woman could only answer with one word: "Botschafter," she whispered. Then, she lost consciousness.

Late that night, the nurses were startled to see strange flashes of light flickering in 'the Botschafter's' room and went to investigate. Much to their surprise, the Botschafter was nowhere to be seen. Instead, a woman identifying herself as Raquel Annerire stepped out of the shadows, dressed in nurse's attire. Thinking she was new to the staff, the other nurses asked where the Botschafter had gone.

"Out the window, I'm afraid, " Raquel answered, gesturing to the open window. "I tried to stop her, I really did." As the other nurses rushed to the window, Raquel slipped past them, out of the room. For several months, the hospital staff talked about the mysterious patient and the 'angel of death', Raquel Annerire, for they were sure Raquel had something to do with the Botschafter's disappearance. But as the hospital grew increasingly busier, the mysterious events were forgotten.

Now, three years later, Raquel Annerire has become something of a mercenary. She has come to Nar Shaddaa, looking for a job. But what she's about to find is much more than she bargained for. She's about to have a head on collision with a thing that always seems to catch up with you when you least want it to... the past.

I guess I'll use this guy again.

Name: Scud

Species: Gen'Dai

Appearance: Linkism: Definately recamend looking at this guy's gallery. Though I personally don't like using other's art, or characters, this was the ONLY picture of a Gen'Dai I could find, besides Durge.

Height: 8' even

Eye colour: Green

Weapons: Guns, swords, rockets, oh my! This guy's a walking toolshed of stuff, so to list his weapons would be long and pointless. Goodness, his armor's a weapon too!

Bio: Original Bio

Name: Davendithas Loyalar or Daven for Short

Appearance:

Height: 6'4"

Hair colour: Long Blonde

Eye colour: Blue

Clothing: Utilitarian

Equipment: Short sword, blaster rifle and blaster pistol.

Biography: Davendithas grew up as a spoiled noble. He acted exactly as the nobles did, stuck up, snotty and ignorant, until one day when he was kidnapped for ransom. He had spent so much time with the kidnappers, he grew to like them and their way of life, so by the time he was free to go, he took the ransom money and fled with the kidnappers. He lived that way for a while until he was told to kill an unarmed man to become a real man, he turned once again from his current lifestyle ran. He wandered around until today.

Name: Unit-7276 "Phoenix"

Species: Appears Human, although it is debatable with the Nanoid enhancements he bares.

Appearance:

* Height: 6'6"

* Hair color: Black

* Eye color: Grey

* Armor/Clothing: His clothing is simple: A black pair of long pants and a a white, short-sleeved top. His armor resembles Sith Trooper armor, although with obvious differences such as lighter plating and a 'longer', with a oval shape, helmet. He has also made the armor less conductive.

* Body Build: Medium and Muscular

Equipment: A Heavy Repeating Disintegration Rifle, a Plasma Shotgun, Thermal Detonators, a Stealth Generator, a Combat Knife, a standard issue Blaster Pistol, and a Personal Data Pad.

Biography: Bred in a lab, Phoenix was not your everyday clone. In fact, he wasn't even a clone: he was part of an experiment to see whether or not it would be possible to create life from scratch, rather then use someone else's DNA, and implement the use of Nanoids in every cell. He was the success, and although it was a breakthrough, it was not the reason he was created. He was created to be grown into a tool of killing for Czerka, not that it would ever happen of course.

A rival corporation sent a load of bounty hunters to destroy the lab and steal their work, and they were in the most part. Except for the work part. Though it is unclear as to what actually happened, a scientist escaped with Phoenix and ended up dead later on Nar Shadda, leaving Phoenix to be shoved into an orphanage until he was 18. From then on he took on being an assassin, which is the only thing he knows how to do for the most part when it comes to making a living. He does have knowledge in anything that helps him get a target though, if that could count for anything.

His body is made of cells with Nanoids in them, which control his body for the most part. They generate an Ocular HUD in his vision, multiply with his cells, have limited healing abilities, can push the body farther than the brain would, and even has a very limited camouflage ability. The only visible problems with this is that he thinks like a computer, making him a bit cold to some and strange to others, and electrical shocks disrupt his Nanoids, along with his thinking, with a very crucifying effect. A stun baton to the bare skin could leave him in a coma for two days.

Lol, Doc, I'm not Scud, Archon is XD.

Name: Drake Incik

Appearance:

* Height: 6'5"

* Hair colour: Brown

* Eye colour: Blue

* Clothing: Simple white tunic, Dewback leather jacket, black pants, and military boots.

Equipment: Single bladed collapsible vibro-sword, BlasTech blaster with power packs. Flash/bang, comm

Biography: Born on the planet of Nar Shadda, Drake was around the scum of the earth. He was a bastard child, his mother being a local prostitute, and his father, well, the local drunk. His mother tried to take care of him, making money to support him and herself the way she knew how.

Eventually, he grew up, and found work at a freight company, shipping hyperdrives to the inner rim planets. He was found in a bar one day after work, when he was assaulted by two drunk idiots. He killed them both, but not before losing his right arm. His arm was replaced with a synthetic arm, which had the strength of ten men.

Archived