Home

new mod sdk i am making available to developers

dumbledore

i thought this would be a good place to post this.

i've created a new mod sdk which, unlike the universal sdk, acts as a sort of "layer" between the engine and existing mod dlls, therefore letting you additionally mod existing mods without needing access to their source code. the idea is pretty simple, and i'm sure a quick look-over of the code should prove enlightening. :) i've only tested this code with dev-cpp and the mingw compiler (the game module also compiles and runs on linux with gcc) so i'd appreciate if someone could give it a run-over with msvc, i know there are some compiler differences but nothing should be too severe. in the included code i've put in a simple console command mod in each of the three dlls (cgame, ui, game) which makes it so a client typing /layer_(cgame, ui, game) will receive a simple version message verifying that the mod works.

http://files.filefront.com/jka_mp_sdk___mod_in_modzip/;7241388;/fileinfo.html

Sounds good...

so i'd appreciate if someone could give it a run-over with msvc, i know there are some compiler differences but nothing should be too severe.

Yields one error in VC++ 2005 :

g_main.c(463) : error C2059: erreur de syntaxe : '}'

I think it doesn't like the empty gameCvarTable[] ... adding a dummy cvar seems to quench the error.

not necessarily, since the interface remains the same (vmmain, trap calls) unless you could change the engine. the only time struct changes would become a problem is if you tried to access the structs from the real dll directly (which would take some memory hacking anyway).

mmm, I don't think that's really true. Differences in the common defines could cause all kinds of problems.

as i said before, you can't change the vm interface without access to the engine so it really doesn't matter, and all the essential structs can't be changed.

[edit] looking back over this thread, i don't think you're really understanding what this is doing exactly, have you looked over the code?

• 3 months later...

Archived