Home

The Suvam Tan Mod

Find this mod here at KotORFiles: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Suvam_Tan;78085

and here at LucasFiles: {Will Update When Posted}

Screenshots are here: http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/Suvam_Tan/

From the Readme:

Suvam Tan by Ender Wiggin , 1.38 MB Compressed, 5.56 MB

Submitted Sunday April 14, 2007

Email: <{EDITED}>

You can also contact me at Holowan Labs on LFN with the name EnderWiggin.

You can discuss this mod here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2299716#post2299716

This mod is for KotOR 2. It aims to put back Suvam Tan, the merchant from the space station orbiting Yavin IV. He is in the Refugee Sector on Nar Shaddaa - the Exchange portion. He also has all the items from his K1 shop except for the armors. He sends you on a little sidequest before you can use his items, however, but that parallels K1 where you can only get them at the end of the game. Not only does he have a sidequest that spans 2 planets, he also has a subsidequest after you open his shop. Be sure to ask Suvam if you get stuck... but someone who's played the game a few times shouldn't have much trouble getting through it. Finally, you cannot cheat your way through Suvam's sidequest. Sorry, but the way I set it up was as a set a global that can only be set through dialog. To progress you need not have the item, you need to talk to the person who gives it to you. Hope you like my work. It took about 20 hours total time, although that includes bugs, multitask hours, and stupid mistakes.

Screenshots

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/Suvam_Tan/

Notes

Thanks to:

Ossus_Keeper because his HotG and MotF mod were used to make my version

The members helped me get started modding

Fred Tetra for KT

Stoffe for script help and her installer

Sotetsarkany for beta testing and some texture opinons

Darth333 for her opinions and the Whereami armband

and Mono_Giganto for helping me back in '04 when I first came to HL.

Because of his good nature, I stuck around.

Known Issues

If you do this after the battle of Khoonda, it was possible that the quest character could be gone. Because of this, I added a workaround that only becomes available right before the battle takes place. Because of this, it might, in theory, be possible to use both characters and do the same part of the quest twice, thus getting you one extra data crystal. If you do this, it is worthless. You just pay for it twice. You still get the same reward. Any person just playing will probably not even see this option, but it does exist. It won't be encountered unless you go looking for it. I only found it when I tried to find bugs.

Installation/Removal Instructions

To install, extract somewhere other than override, use Stoffe's installer, read my instructions, and then hit install.

To uninstall, remove the 70 files listed above from your override folder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To use any part of this mod, please contact me and ask permission. Plagarism is not something I enjoy and it will not be taken lightly. Without permission, do not repost this for me if a site goes down. Do not use parts of it in your own mod. Ask, and ye shall receive.

This is allowed at:

PGGameMods.com (if it's working)

KotorFiles.com

LucasFiles.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Mod is not supported by LucasArts or Bioware or Obsidian. Do not contact them for support of this mod.

This mod and all files belong to LucasArts and can be used in any combination mod of their choosing.

LucasArts is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. Bioware and the Odyysey Engine is a trademark of Bioware Corp.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

_EW_

Also, Ossus Keeper's mod was only used as a basis for my addition, and he has full knowledge of this and gave me full permission to do so.

Thanks to Achilles for the Readme Template too.

Seems good, but if it's the Suvam model from the Kotor 1 Yavin Station - isn't it ported and therefore illegal (or is it a retextured Kotor 2 model to look like Suvam?)

Even though I've moved on to better games, I remember that Suvam simply used the generic rodian model in Kotor 1, so EW is probably using the generic rodian model from Kotor 2.

Even though I've moved on to better games, I remember that Suvam simply used the generic rodian model in Kotor 1, so EW is probably using the generic rodian model from Kotor 2.

Probably - i was just tryin' to clear that up! The idea of porting being illegal is annoying - it could lead to better mods i.e. Manaan or Tatooine in K2, but due to K1 and K2 having different developers it would be infringing copyright laws as the respective games and their content is owned by Bioware and Obsidian, respectively. As long as their was no profit involved whatsoever i feel the modding community should be able to use stuff from K1 & K2 and use them in either game. Oh well - pointless waddling into the unattainable here! :lol:

If Team Jawa - the modders behind the new K1RP crack custom area creation then perhaps we'll see the likes of Tatooine in K2 - who knows what the future may hold!

Seems good, but if it's the Suvam model from the Kotor 1 Yavin Station - isn't it ported and therefore illegal (or is it a retextured Kotor 2 model to look like Suvam?)

All the Rodian models are the same in both games, IIRC. The problem I originally had was that the I couldn't find the Suvam skin. Did some hunting and found that while the texture file was in the K2 ERFs, it didn't appear in the appearance.2da file. That's the change I made in the included 2da; a quick added line and voila! Suvam!

Don't worry, I've been around long enough to know about porting.

Reference this thread - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164180

FYI you need to remove your email addy out of your reposted readme.

Thanks! I completely forgot about that. A quick C&P and I missed it.

_EW_

If you'd rather wait for reviews and such, they should be along soon... I guess it's up to Inyri and Shem. :)
Well, it's up to me or SithRevan. Inyri is a FileFront network admin who can help the KOTOR section, but she's also the site manager of the Jedi Knight (Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy) section of FileFront and it's been keeping her busy over there for the last four or five months, which is a reason why she hasn't been too involved with KOTOR recently.

Anyway, it's been up at FileFront for like 20 minutes now! :D

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Suvam_Tan;78085

Well, it's up to me or SithRevan. Inyri is a FileFront network admin who can help the KOTOR section, but she's also the site manager of the Jedi Knight (Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy) section of FileFront and it's been keeping her busy over there for the last four or five months, which is a reason why she hasn't been too involved with KOTOR recently.

Anyway, it's been up at FileFront for like 20 minutes now! :D

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Suvam_Tan;78085

Thanks very much, and my apologies for the mistake.

:)

_EW_

PS. Thanks for the good review!

You'd be surprised what models from KotOR1 are in TSL's files. It looks like Obsidian batch converted everything in K1's models.bif, with the exception of the areamodels (the Terentatek is also strangely absent). Even many of K1's player heads are in TSL, thought mostly without their original skins.

I seem to be having a problem with this mod. I get Adum Larp to tell me to talk to Garm Totryl, and that he's in khoonda, but i can't find him. Is he suppsoed to spawn in a certain spot? i've been everywhere, in all the rooms, even the private quarters(using the warper armband mod). I think there were a few files that weren't able to load: k_enter_601.ncs, old_enter_601.ncs, iw_SbrCrstl_096.tga. do any of these trigger his character? Also does this mod conflict with anything from the holowan plug-in?

I seem to be having a problem with this mod. I get Adum Larp to tell me to talk to Garm Totryl, and that he's in khoonda, but i can't find him. Is he suppsoed to spawn in a certain spot? i've been everywhere, in all the rooms, even the private quarters(using the warper armband mod). I think there were a few files that weren't able to load: k_enter_601.ncs, old_enter_601.ncs, iw_SbrCrstl_096.tga. do any of these trigger his character? Also does this mod conflict with anything from the holowan plug-in?

This mod was thoroughly bug tested by a two man beta team that did not include me. I did, however, have the final playthrough to make sure it worked. I'm surprised one was found so quickly.

The 96 tga is just an icon. It does seem, however, that the plugin does make use of this filename. Conflict #1.

Garm Totryl is already spawned when you walk into Khoonda. If you walk into the front door, he is immediately to your right.

This doesn't conflict with any 2da files... and most everything else is made by me. There could be conflicts with the four scripts and Adum's dialog only I believe. You should check your installog to see whether or not it installed correctly. That could be the problem.

It seems that the plugin does change something with that module, but I'm not sure what... I think it does at least. Conflict #2. I saw a script like dk_601.ncs or something to that extent leading me to believe that edits 601, even though I didn't see a change to the onenter... Maybe it's packaged.

Hope this helps; maybe I'll try to fix it so it's compatible. Otherwise, sorry.

_EW_

PS... Sorry for the delay, out of town this weekend... back now though.

I noticed when trying to install this mod that two particular .ncs files have the same names as two from the Ultimate Saber Mod...

k_enter_601.ncs and old_enter_601.ncs

USM was installed first, and I left the originals in my Override folder, and haven't progressed far enough in the game yet to get ot where this mod triggers, so I dont know if everything will still work.

But my question is whether we can get USM-compatible .ncs files? Those are the only two the installer didn't install. Or, are they already compatible?

Thanks in advance; I really want to try this mod out!

Edit: I posted a similar post in the USM thread; I figure if I noticed this, it could help someone else wanting to use USM and this mod. It'd be cool if those .ncs files were already compatible. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after unsucessfully attempting to merge those script files, I finally opted to use this mod's k_enter_601 and old_enter_601 files (for all I could tell, USM's 601s deal with Vrook's lightsaber, a minor loss). But I found an even stranger bug: Suvam Tan looks like Kreai in a dark grey robe (I'm using Kreia's Assorted Robes mod and Tan looks like Kreai does while wearing a Dark Jedi robe). Anyone know what the deal is?

Btw, no journal entries come up so far in this quest...is that normal?

This mod replaces Visquis in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr...which seems to make it impossible to play through Nar Shadaa...

YOu got stuck too? After I finished Suvam Tan's quest, I went to the JJT, and it seemed a certain script didn't fire (I never got locked in as Mira, and could never enter the door to Visquis's room; Mira just ran in a circle...). I had been suspecting that it was my Mira/Hanharr Choice mod, though...

THis mod is awesome, but it neds an update to fix some small glitches and to be USM-compatible (as I mentioned before..). And I still can't figure out how Tam looks like Kreia on my game...lol

^Just remove 'quarrend.utc' from your override, and that should fix the issue :)

I am afraid, this will *not* fix the issue. The file in question is n_quarren002.utc overwriting Visquis on Nar Shadaa and Qimtiq on Onderon. If this file is deleted, then the quest is not to be completed, rendering this mod virtually useless.

Moreover, there is an issue on Dantooine, where the Adum larp dialogue has no script references, resulting in Garm not showing up. The "k_enter_601" script does not work properly. Again, the quest is stalled.

In addition, there is no upcrystals.2da, so that the game will eventually crash when you try to use Suvam's saber and/or crystal.

The patcher should update ew_suvam.utc (appearance reference), too, or it will result in messed appearances, if anyone using the mod has installed other mods.

This is quite much, but I like this mod very much, and these are issues which may be fixed quite easily.

Great work.

I had actually managed to complete the quest, but got stuck in the JekJek Tarr problem soon after. If this mod gets patched with the fixes Darth Shan mentioned, it'll become a permanant residant in my Ovverride folder. Though I ought to stress again that this mod really needs to be made USM-compatible, given the large number of people who use it (and the large number of mods made these days that are compatible with it...).

If this mod gets patched with the fixes Darth Shan mentioned, it'll become a permanant residant in my Ovverride folder. Though I ought to stress again that this mod really needs to be made USM-compatible, given the large number of people who use it.

Maybe I should be more precise. Three things could be done to easily squish all objectionable issues:

1) Update the upcrystals.2da.

2) Rename and attach the script "k_enter_601" to Adum Larp's dialogue, as soon as he mentions Garm to be around in Khoonda. This solves all major compatibility issues with the USM, I think. "old_enter_601" could be deleted, then.

3) "n_quarren002.utc" could either be renamed to "quarrenend", as it seems to have been the original intention, or - preferably, it could be compiled into the 306NAR files, extracting everything with Kotor-Tool and compiling them all into a "306NAR.mod" file.

Then, only the TSL-Patcher remains to be updated, and Suvam's appearance-reference should be updated automatically by the Patcher to make this mod compatible with other mods modifying appearance.2da.

I am afraid, this will *not* fix the issue. The file in question is n_quarren002.utc overwriting Visquis on Nar Shadaa and Qimtiq on Onderon. If this file is deleted, then the quest is not to be completed, rendering this mod virtually useless.

Moreover, there is an issue on Dantooine, where the Adum larp dialogue has no script references, resulting in Garm not showing up. The "k_enter_601" script does not work properly. Again, the quest is stalled.

In addition, there is no upcrystals.2da, so that the game will eventually crash when you try to use Suvam's saber and/or crystal.

The patcher should update ew_suvam.utc (appearance reference), too, or it will result in messed appearances, if anyone using the mod has installed other mods.

This is quite much, but I like this mod very much, and these are issues which may be fixed quite easily.

Great work.

Removing the file will let you continue with the Nar Shadaa main quest, and so yes, it will fix that issue :)

Removing the file will let you continue with the Nar Shadaa main quest, and so yes, it will fix that issue :)

OK, I got your point, sorry. But it may be worth to say, that there is no "quarrenend.utc" in the mod, and that "n_quarren002.utc" (which indeed has the tag 'quarrenend') should be deleted before entering the Jekk Jekk Tar.

Maybe I should be more precise. Three things could be done to easily squish all objectionable issues:

1) Update the upcrystals.2da.

2) Rename and attach the script "k_enter_601" to Adum Larp's dialogue, as soon as he mentions Garm to be around in Khoonda. This solves all major compatibility issues with the USM, I think. "old_enter_601" could be deleted, then.

3) "n_quarren002.utc" could either be renamed to "quarrenend", as it seems to have been the original intention, or - preferably, it could be compiled into the 306NAR files, extracting everything with Kotor-Tool and compiling them all into a "306NAR.mod" file.

Then, only the TSL-Patcher remains to be updated, and Suvam's appearance-reference should be updated automatically by the Patcher to make this mod compatible with other mods modifying appearance.2da.

Hmmm... sorry for the delay, folks. I had some R/L problems in the last week or so, preventing me from checking this.

Since there has been a bug (or bugs) detected, I will, within the next week, try to go ahead and fix them. While I am doing so, it will also give me reason to update it to make it compatible with the USM mod. Are there any other mods which one might suggest?

And is there anyone who has a good save for my mod? Such as before the JJT?

Just one question as well. Darth Shan... The tagname, quarrend, did not have any others when I used TK102's FindRefs. So any overwrite of Visquis or the other quarren shouldn't happen. I guess the filename error wasn't found by me, because I didn't test the entire game, just the parts I added. I also have played through this mod many times, so were you able to finish the quest, like I was?

The thing is, you've listed a few problems, yet they did not appear for me. I was able to use Suvam's saber, although it wasn't upgradeable (intended).

I was able to spawn Garm.

And could you please be more specific in the process of patching Suvam's utc? I don't seem to understand.

Thanks a lot, and I hope to have the update for you soon.

_EW_

I was able to have the entire quest work properly as well (except Suvam's appearance); it was just the JJT that was broken for me :)

And I had a LOT of mods installed, and USM was the only one conflicting with this one (Unless it was the Kreia Robes Collection interfearing with Suvam's appearence...)

Archived