Home

The Suvam Tan Mod

Dear EnderWiggin,

I'll try to answer your questions.

1) With "n_quarren.utc" there is the problem that the program does not only look for the tag of the file, but for the NAME of the file as well, i.e. if you use a file "n_quarren002" it does not matter which tag it has. Jekk Jekk Tarr, Nar Shadaa Cantina and the Onderon Cantina look for the name of the file, i.e. "n_quarren002". So you could change the file's name to "quarrenend", with the result, that your Sullustan does not show up, in any case. What you could do is: Extract all 306NAR rim/s.rim/dlg.erf files which are for the Nar Shadaa Cantina into a separate folder, replace "n_quarren002.utc" and compile all files into "306NAR.mod" by using Kotor Tool's ERF/MOD builder.

2) Suvam and his appearance: Your "ew_suvam.utc" has an appearance reference, i.e. app "672". So if anyone uses an "appearance.2da" with additional lines, Suvam will get the appearance which has the line "672". This could be Mission19, BloodRayne, a Twilek, one of Shimaon's new heads etc. Stoffe's TSL-Patcher is able to automatically update Utc-files while installing the mod. Look at Chainz' Bao-Dur's Charged Armour for instance which automatically applies the correct baseitems-reference to the uti-file.

• 8 months later...

Cool, I love characters from KOTOR making comebacks in TSL. I found one weird glitch in my game though. When I selected Suvam to talk to him and he started his dialog, it looked as though it was a camera feed, i.e., black and white and fuzzy ( like when you release poison in a room and watch through the console). Did only I get this bug?

Also, are there suposed to be no journal entries?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Just curious if a fix ever came about for this to be usm compatible and kreia's assorted robes compatible. I could even live without the assorted robes bit, but my scripting skills are far too lacking right now to create a successful merger.

Sorry, I was away from the forums for a while. I'll address some of this.

Play this one at your own risk, kids. Ender Wiggin made a very cool mod, but unfortunately did not tie up all of the loose ends.

You will have problems finishing Nar Shadaa with this mod installed, because of the n_quarren_02 file...

Yes, but if you read this thread, you should be quite aware how to fix it.

When I selected Suvam to talk to him and he started his dialog, it looked as though it was a camera feed, i.e., black and white and fuzzy ( like when you release poison in a room and watch through the console). Did only I get this bug?

Also, are there suposed to be no journal entries?

As far as I remember, I did not use journal entries.

As for that bug - I've never heard that before.

Just curious if a fix ever came about for this to be usm compatible and kreia's assorted robes compatible. I could even live without the assorted robes bit, but my scripting skills are far too lacking right now to create a successful merger.

No. There was a 2da and a script conflict and as such a patch was never made. If anyone wants to, they may try to fix this, but I currently don't have time to go through all of the USM files to find where the discrepancies are.

Hope this helps everyone.

_EW_

No. There was a 2da and a script conflict and as such a patch was never made. If anyone wants to, they may try to fix this, but I currently don't have time to go through all of the USM files to find where the discrepancies are.

No worries, appreciate the quick feedback. Good mod though, thanks.

-Watcher07

there was a few things I wanted to talk about concerning this mod. I like it, it was really cool to have on my last play through, but I noticed 1.the Baragwin stealth unit did not allow you to go into stealth mode and 2. the HotG and MotF crystals did nothing but change the color on the blade. Is there any chance this would be fixed?

• 2 years later...

It is now 12-4-2010,,Does ANYONE have a link to a reliable patch fix for EW's "mod"? I am not a modder, I am an end-user who doesn't do well with all this .2da. .jrl,,,whatever,whatever,,,merging,modifying or any of that stuff. One expects that 'eventually' the tslpatchdata will be fixed up and the files for the screwed up version be REMOVED from the internet!!! Why is this file still out there plagueing the noobie type gamers who just want to have fun?

Archived