Home

The worst school shooting ever in the U.S.

IG-64

I'm going to disregard the Jack Thompson idiocy for now, because he's not worth responding to. All I can say is... **** Fox News.

I live in Virginia, and while I don't have any friends or family in Virginia Tech, this shooting has affected many people in my area. It's shocking that such a shooting would happen, today, in such a senseless and brutal way.

The thing, however, I worry about most, is the action that our government might attempt to make as a knee-jerk reaction to such a tragedy. The only defense against such a shooting is to have a more competent police force, and perhaps a more effective security staff on campus.

Passing laws that curb our Constitutional rights will NOT help make us any safer... if anything, that kind of thing would only make us LESS safe. Ban all the guns you want, but all that means is that the only people besides law enforcement who have guns... would be the criminals. Law-abiding citizens would now be helpless to defend themselves against a gunman, while criminals continue to use illegal firearms. Banning something only works in favor of the black market and its underground dealers who will then make a huge profit off of selling handguns to people who will now use the weapon without proper training.

It works the same way as drug and alcohol prohibition. Banning something doesn't make it go away. It only makes it more dangerous than it already was.

after reading on wiki about the shooter, i kinda feel sad that there are people that have to go through life like that. :( i also feel sad for that kid's parents who are probably going to be tormented by the media. and wtf does this have to do with video games? according to what i read, the kid spent alot of time playing basketball.

after reading on wiki about the shooter, i kinda feel sad that there are people that have to go through life like that. :(

Yeah, every time something like this happens, I try and be open-minded and consider the shooter as a person.

And then I think Boo. F***ing. Hoo.

Consider this: John of the Cross was a 16th century Spanish mystic. He was isolated in a cell too small for him to stand up in and subjected to weekly public lashings, for nine months. What happened to him after this? He became a saint and wrote massive poems.

Cho Seung-hui, however, ended the lives of 32 innocent people, including a 75-year-old holocaust survivor. It doesn't matter how much torture or neglect he endured, he deserves no sympathy from me.

after reading on wiki about the shooter, i kinda feel sad that there are people that have to go through life like that. :( i also feel sad for that kid's parents who are probably going to be tormented by the media.

I don't know about you, but I feel bad about the victims and the victim's parents a little bit more than him. Yes it sucks he had a troubled upbringing, supposedly being molested, but get the f*** over it. Only you can prevent forestfires change your life. So you had a troubled past. Get over it. Do something to make your life better, and to make sure others don't have to go through whatever it is you went through. If he had come out saying he was molested or something, people would have felt sorry for him, and tried to help him. Instead he kills 32 innocent people. People that had done nothing wrong, nothing to deserve death.

Archived