Home

Jade Empire modding (see first post for info summary)

stoffe

Hi, thanks for all the work on JE. :)

Does the "Jade Empire Savegame Editor v0.5" link work for anyone?

Instead of givng me the file, here the link " http://www.starwarsknights.com/forumdl/jse_05.zip " I am getting sent to the front page of StarWarsKnights.

I am unable to find the file in the download links either, if its broken current for others as well, could someone please maybe link it to the Filefront Jade Empie page?

http://browse.files.filefront.com/Jade+Empire+Special+Edition+Modifications/;2057564;/browsefiles.html

Thanks. :)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, you'll have to click on the link from the first post of this thread or the link in your post to have the correct permissions to download the file. (The link must come from the lucasforums.com domain.) You can't enter the URL directly into your browser.

Hi, i know JE has nothing to do with LA at all, but do you think JE would get it's own dedicated space here on LF? Maybe not LFJE.com but atleast a subsection of the kotor LF space in which all JE related stuff goes into such as JE mods, JE technical issues, JE fanfics etc., i think it would be a good idea especially now that JE modding has started.

Hi, i know JE has nothing to do with LA at all, but do you think JE would get it's own dedicated space here on LF? Maybe not LFJE.com but atleast a subsection of the kotor LF space in which all JE related stuff goes into such as JE mods, JE technical issues, JE fanfics etc., i think it would be a good idea especially now that JE modding has started.

Since Lucasforums is part of a fan-network dedicated to Lucas-related creations the chances for a whole separate new section for a game that has nothing to do with Lucasfilm/Lucasarts is pretty minimal, I'd guess.

The Outlander club forum (this one) should work fine for the things you mention though, you can make more than one thread for a game here to discuss different aspects of it. :)

Since Lucasforums is part of a fan-network dedicated to Lucas-related creations the chances for a whole separate new section for a game that has nothing to do with Lucasfilm/Lucasarts is pretty minimal, I'd guess.

The Outlander club forum (this one) should work fine for the things you mention though, you can make more than one thread for a game here to discuss different aspects of it. :)

Oh that's good then, atleast it has somewhere on this forum, thanks for clearing that up with me! :)

tk102

I get the error "Can't call method "fbl" without a package or object reference at jse.pl line 391.

I did a quick google for fbl and Perl just in case it was something obvious but nothing jumped out at me.

I also had problems downloading via the link using explorer but oddly Safari worked just fine.

Oh hey, and thanks for the editor. :)

tk102

I get the error "Can't call method "fbl" without a package or object reference at jse.pl line 391.

I did a quick google for fbl and Perl just in case it was something obvious but nothing jumped out at me.

Line 391? That means you either have no experience points or no name. :xp: Try getting at least 1 experience point first. Bioware skimped at every possible point from writing data to the savegame file it seems.

fbl is an internal function that I wrote, but I commend your search. :)

Line 391? That means you either have no experience points or no name. :xp: Try getting at least 1 experience point first. Bioware skimped at every possible point from writing data to the savegame file it seems.

fbl is an internal function that I wrote, but I commend your search. :)

Heh...I skimmed through the source code and didn't see it so figured it was in one of the includes I don't have.

Troubleshooting a little more I can edit saves from right after character creation (0 xp) up until I pick up my first follower (um...whats her name :) ). I've got saves and autosaves after the I have the amulet but before I enter the troll cave and I've leveled at least once that I get the error on.

Heh...I did DL activestate perl to try to debug a bit but couldn't figure out where to get bioware/gff.pm and bagged it. Found references to it on the NWN mod site so I just figured it came with some bioware mod toolkit for NWN...which I don't have. :)

I can email you a save if you like but I'm guessing I'm missing something from my system that y'all typically have on yours.

Hey tk! First I want to say thanks to you for making the JE Savegame Editor. I just noticed earlier this week that you had made this tool. This is where I do most of my "modding." ;)

{deleted content}

EDIT: Didn't mean to kill this thread. Just ignore this post and carry on. :)

I'm trying to add so a weapon drains focus but i can't get it work. This is what i have done:

There are a column

in the stylesuperlist.2da that have the name style cost and it's a 2da file that are called stylecost.2da

Here is some important informations in stylecost.2da

0   NONE                         
1   Transformation                          
2   Weapon 
3   Transformation_Golem           
4   Transformation_Horse                    
5   Transformation_Red           
6   MagicStyle 
7   Transformation_Toad

So now i add 2 to the stylecost column in the stylesuperlist.2da but nothing changes when try weapon in the game. Also when i remove stylecost for a weapon in stylesuperlist and replace it with **** the weapon still drains focus.

So could anyone help me with this?

I'm trying to add so a weapon drains focus but i can't get it work. This is what i have done:

So now i add 2 to the stylecost column in the stylesuperlist.2da but nothing changes when try weapon in the game. Also when i remove stylecost for a weapon in stylesuperlist and replace it with **** the weapon still drains focus.

You don't set style effects in stylesuperlist.2da, those are set in the stylenameac.2da files for each style. The lines in this file represents different attacks used by this style (usually 3 standard swings, power attack and the area attack). You set an effect number (from effects.2da) in the effectid column for the attacks you want to apply that effect when used.

You don't set style effects in stylesuperlist.2da, those are set in the stylenameac.2da files for each style. The lines in this file represents different attacks used by this style (usually 3 standard swings, power attack and the area attack). You set an effect number (from effects.2da) in the effectid column for the attacks you want to apply that effect when used.

And Stoffe saves the day again :) Thank you very much :thmbup1:

• 1 month later...

Got a question.. been making a few vanity mods (mostly just recolors and such, inspired by stoffe's recolor of Jen Zi). Anyway, I was attempting to reskin Scholar Ling, I've got it mostly done (other than some cleanup), but two big things stand out: the ribbons on her arms, and the peacock feather.

The feather isn't a huge deal, but the ribbons are... and I have no idea what to even begin looking under for the texture for them. Does anyone have any ideas?

two big things stand out: the ribbons on her arms, and the peacock feather.

The feather isn't a huge deal, but the ribbons are... and I have no idea what to even begin looking under for the texture for them. Does anyone have any ideas?

Don't know exactly, but the flowing ribbons on the other models I've looked at was using the same body texture as the rest of the outfit. You can try making a copy of the texture and color different parts of it in very bright distinctly recognizable colors and then look in-game to try to pinpoint what part of the texture is used.

Don't know exactly, but the flowing ribbons on the other models I've looked at was using the same body texture as the rest of the outfit. You can try making a copy of the texture and color different parts of it in very bright distinctly recognizable colors and then look in-game to try to pinpoint what part of the texture is used.

That's what I figured it would be too, but I've recolored pretty much everything on the texture. Maybe I missed some little bit... The feather, though, I know isn't on that texture.

Thanks though.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, quick question...

I'm trying to finish the Lord Lao sub-quest but I'm playing in Jade Master mode and I can't adjust the flyer difficulty and that last flyer mission from Kang is absolute bollocks!

I get pwnd in like less than 10 seconds every time!!!

Can anyone help me with a custom cheat or some way to unlock the difficulty for the flyer mission alone or something like that?

He first shoots right in front of you (go above-left). The next shot is to the left, so you have to stay down. The shots after this are randomised.

You can use the 'green tri-shot' gun for the best. After a little while, the little balls surrounding the thing will break apart, after which the big central sphere will do so as well.

Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
That's what I figured it would be too, but I've recolored pretty much everything on the texture. Maybe I missed some little bit... The feather, though, I know isn't on that texture.
The texture file for Ling's dangly stuff is p_lingx01. Wu similarly has p_blossomx01 for her dangly stuff. My suspicion is that the "x" suffix is Official Lingo for "dangly stuff texture".

I'm trying to finish the Lord Lao sub-quest but I'm playing in Jade Master mode and I can't adjust the flyer difficulty and that last flyer mission from Kang is absolute bollocks!

I get pwnd in like less than 10 seconds every time!!!

Can anyone help me with a custom cheat or some way to unlock the difficulty for the flyer mission alone or something like that?

diffmodify.2da contains the multipliers to damage taken and dished out at each difficulty level, as well as odds of power ups and enemy aggressiveness and stuff. Note, as far as I know changes will effect the whole game, not just flyer stages (likely exception being whatever the "minigame" column does).

Now, to the primary purpose of this post: To introduce (and elicit testing of) my Big Gay Romance Fix.

JEningxlian.jpg

This mod endeavors to fix the problems with the romantic climaxes for same-sex couples in Jade Empire. First and foremost, it makes the kiss scene play in its entirety (as demonstrated above). Secondly, a few of the more senseless gender conditionals in the dialog preceding the kiss are removed. For example, Silk Fox will vocally insist on a kiss regardless of her lover's gender (previously she only did this for male PCs), and male player characters may vocally insist on a kiss from Sky (previously only an option for female PCs).

HOWEVER!!!

So far I've only had the opportunity to test the fixes for Silk Fox. Indeed meaning that THE FIXES FOR SKY ARE COMPLETELY UNTESTED. That warning given, I would appreciate someone trying them out to see if they work, as Sky's kiss dialog was a bit trickier than Lian's ("Oh, hey, a branch that ends the scene early if the the kiss is same sex." *delete*).

Download here

This maybe is best suited for the real Jade Empire thread, but since i think it's slipped down to page two and im to lazzy to find it i ask here (It's atleast about modding^^)

Im thinking of replaying the game again, and since there seems to be some activity to the modding of the game i ask is there any most have mods that have arrived, or any really good mods that you can recommend ? And i think i saw a list about some cut content when i was still playing the game, is there any mods that restore some of then ? I prefere things that supposed to be in the game then fan things

@Radish: Think im gonna try out your mod if i reinstall :D

Now, to the primary purpose of this post: To introduce (and elicit testing of) my Big Gay Romance Fix.

JEningxlian.jpg

This mod endeavors to fix the problems with the romantic climaxes for same-sex couples in Jade Empire. First and foremost, it makes the kiss scene play in its entirety (as demonstrated above). Secondly, a few of the more senseless gender conditionals in the dialog preceding the kiss are removed. For example, Silk Fox will vocally insist on a kiss regardless of her lover's gender (previously she only did this for male PCs), and male player characters may vocally insist on a kiss from Sky (previously only an option for female PCs).

HOWEVER!!!

So far I've only had the opportunity to test the fixes for Silk Fox. Indeed meaning that THE FIXES FOR SKY ARE COMPLETELY UNTESTED. That warning given, I would appreciate someone trying them out to see if they work, as Sky's kiss dialog was a bit trickier than Lian's ("Oh, hey, a branch that ends the scene early if the the kiss is same sex." *delete*).

Download here

Awesome, I was planning on romancing Silk Fox as Radiant Jen Zi before I uninstalled Jade Empire to free up harddrive space.

Archived