Home

Jade Empire modding (see first post for info summary)

stoffe

Sekan I posted this same problem and now your reminding me I found a solution until TK102 has time for a fix. All you need to do is immediately sell them to a vendor then buy them back, without clicking on them to mount or unmount them on the necklace.

Basically you will need some extra cash, too. :)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sekan I posted this same problem and now your reminding me I found a solution until TK102 has time for a fix. All you need to do is immediately sell them to a vendor then buy them back, without clicking on them to mount or unmount them on the necklace.

Basically you will need some extra cash, too. :)

I'll have to try that :)

Thanks

TK102, I may have found another bug. When I use Quick Save and edit it, the next time I use the Quick Save it fails to work correctly and never works again, especially the Quick Load. I can see a backup file but all other data is lost in the folder.

Once I load the edited Save I basically have to delete the Quick Save folder, then go back in the game and make a new Quick Save. Iirc this happens on Hard Saves as well, not 100% sure as I use Quick Save 99% of the time as a save to edit. This maybe just me as I don't recall seeing this posted before, even though it's a real pain, I can't think what would cause it.

Thanks. :)

Acleacius,

Thanks for the advice.

I admit that I have not been overly active at sorting out this problem, but here is what I have come up with so far...

1) Replaced the girl model with the Chai-Ka model so there is no more little girl visible.

2) Used the save game editor to remove the girl from the followers list

This means that she can not be used which helps a bit and the fact that there is no little girl visible.

What I would like to be able to do at this point is change the follower portrait, I just have no idea where it is.

Also I was thinking that it may be possible to do the following but I have no idea how...

Rig the meeting with wildflower so that as soon as you meet her instead of triggering the giggle conversation scene, the power source is added to your inventory and the character disapears.

Basically you skip the entire scene, yet still get the part you need to continue on the storyline.

Again though I have no idea where to find the things I would have to change.

I am throwing this out to the board so please if anyone knows a way to do this could they let me know how... or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Ulic

Love from Ireland ;)

This is just the source code. You need to save them as .nss files and compile them with the NWN script compiler. If you aren't familiar with scripts I have uploaded the compiled scripts here. Put the .ncs files and optionally the .dlg into the game's override. The .dlg just removes the quick fade out during the kiss scene.

Does this also open the Silk Fox/Dawn Star 'threesome' romance for female PCs, or just the Dawn Star solo romance? If not, how would I go about enabling that? (And can I use the toolset for NWN or NWN2 to compile the scripts?)

Does this also open the Silk Fox/Dawn Star 'threesome' romance for female PCs, or just the Dawn Star solo romance? If not, how would I go about enabling that?
Yes, that works as well.

(And can I use the toolset for NWN or NWN2 to compile the scripts?)
I don't know. I have been using Kotor Tool's compiler.

Any chance Kotor Tool could be converted to a JE Tool by some one other than Fred?
It's doubtful even Fred would try to "convert" KotOR Tool. He might use it as an example, but any JE Tool would likely be built from the ground up.

ahh, well. I guess I'll get out my book on c++ coding. I'm also working on a patch for the technical issues JE has.

If you can fix the 'some pirates don't go hostile' bug and the 'Sir Roderick Fight' bug, I'll have your babies!

(Disclaimer: Offer to have your babies is hyperbole. It in no way denotes a contractual obligation for me to bear your offspring.)

If you guys could provide me with a list of bugs you've encountered in the game, I would appreciate it.

Intermittent throughout:

After area transitions or saves (auto or manual) the camera will suddenly turn to point straight down. This can be remedied by a quicksave and quickload, or by crossing back over the area transition again, but it's still a hassle. This is probably the least 'game-breaking' bug I've encountered though.

Pirate Island (Tien's Landing plots)

The first area of the pirate island has a cutscene where you watch 3 pirates beat up a former pirate, now slave, and send him packing. He goes to fiddle with a rope, ostensibly to drop a cannon on their heads. If you choose the Open Palm path (Not dropping the cannon because there's an innocent slave on the dock with the three pirate scum), frequently the pirates won't turn hostile when you approach them. You can still talk to the slave, and he'll act as though you finished them off, but they'll all still be there. Again, not exactly game breaking, but annoying (and it robs you of sweet, sweet XP and OP points).

Later on in the Pirate Island, you come to a workshop where Kang has his flyer, The Magnificent Dragonfly, stored. When you enter, you fight some demons. Then, when you pass the Dragonfly headed toward the far side of the room from where you entered, it starts another encounter where an Ogre and 4 or 5 (I forget which) pirates attack you. If the bug occurs, one or two of those pirates won't go hostile, and just stand there on the walkway past the exit door... and even if it's only one of them, it's always the guy in the EXACT CENTRE of the walkway so you can't get past him. Probably the most game-breaking bug I've encountered.

Sir Roderick Ponce von Fontlebottom the Magnificent Bastard (Imperial City quests): When you go to fight Sir Roderick, odds are very good the battle area won't load properly, leaving the two of you standing in the middle of a void with a couple of barrels scattered here and there. Your controls don't work right, you can't damage Sir Roderick, and he doesn't fight back. Reloads may or may not help.

In all three of the latter cases, the fix given by Bioware is to change your display resolution and reload... and it does usually work, but it'd be nice if the bugs just went away entirely... plus the display resolution thing doesn't always work, especially with the pirates on the pier not turning hostile.

Aside from that, there are some clipping issues (ribbons, in particular, don't like to behave like they're actually attached to your model, often floating several inches away from you when you're moving), but those are the gamestopping AAAAAAARGH bugs I've encountered.

Thank you.

The thing with the first batch of pirates not going hostile should be the easiest to fix, then the other pirates, the camera thing, and Sir Roderick.

The patch should take about a week or two depending on how busy I am with my other projects.

Hello!

Is there a way to change the skins of Sky and Zu? I know there is no way for a mod to romance Zu, but if I only have the choice to take sky than I prefer if he do not looks like an idiot it is enough he talks like one...

If there is a way, please try to explain it with easy words because my English is not the best, sorry for that and thanks for help

Could anyone give me a quick tip for playing JE as an npc character? I have been dabbling with attempting this, but it seems like every time I try to add an npc model as a player their head is always missing. I use JEFindRes to search for the coresponding head files/textures and then extract these to the overdrive folder, but it never works. The only model that has worked is the Watcher model, using Stoffe's post in this thread as help. Every other time I try this the head is missing. Any ideas??

Thanks

sorry, no spanish also. I like that Sky looks like Zu, because Sky is the only one I can romance and I do not like him. I am working with Appereance-file but there are some problems. I do not know where I can change the fighting stile, the shown name and the Char data (which is shown when I select my follower)

Download JE find refresh (Can be found on first page, first post ) and start JE and load the game when you have changed so you're the Watcher. Now when the error message comes it should look like this error message

nybildub0.th.png

The only thing that is important is the text in the red field

nybild2qe4.th.png

Now open JE find refresh and write "N_Watchr_" without quotes .Press find. Now you will see four files but you only need one .Mdl file and one .Mdx file so no need to extract all four. Put those two files in the override. Now load the save again and it should work :D

This is just the source code. You need to save them as .nss files and compile them with the NWN script compiler. If you aren't familiar with scripts I have uploaded the compiled scripts here. Put the .ncs files and optionally the .dlg into the game's override. The .dlg just removes the quick fade out during the kiss scene.

Excuse me, but you said 4 files need to be modified. There's only 3 pairs (+1 *.dlg file) in the zip. j04_c_ds_femstor.nss/j04_c_ds_femstor.ncs is missing.

Excuse me, but you said 4 files need to be modified. There's only 3 pairs (+1 *.dlg file) in the zip. j04_c_ds_femstor.nss/j04_c_ds_femstor.ncs is missing.
My mistake I listed that script. It isn't needed. It opens some dialog choices for female characters as an alternative to the romance talk. I haven't disabled that dialog branch since it doesn't conflict with the romance.

Hey, I'm wondering if it would be possible to replace Dawn Stars model and textures with that of Radiant Zen Li, I've always disliked dawns muscular frame =] help would be apreciated, but my modding experience is somewhat limited.

thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I want to know how to change the powerup orb that drops at the end of a harmonic combo. I thought it would be in the support style 2da, but it doesn't seem to be there. For the life of me, I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived