Home

Jade Empire modding (see first post for info summary)

stoffe

Hey all just had a really quick question. I want to swap Wild Flower's model with Fading Moon's model (the arsonist bounty in Imperial City) but I can't identify which file is Fading Moon as it seems to not be uniquely named. Does anyone know which filename she is or how I can easily find out? (I'd rather not go through trial and error as that would take forever)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fading Moon's file is j04c_imp_fadmoon.cre (found in \data\j04_necropolis\a304.rim). Her appearance value is 118, PirateFemale_f, which is non-unique. You can try editing all the CRE files for Wild Flower or maybe try editing the appearance.2da instead. Either way, I would suggest that changing her appearance is going to break all her conversation cutscenes - you'll be looking at her stomach the whole time seeing as the shot is framed for a child, not an adult.

Fading Moon's file is j04c_imp_fadmoon.cre (found in \data\j04_necropolis\a304.rim). Her appearance value is 118, PirateFemale_f, which is non-unique. You can try editing all the CRE files for Wild Flower or maybe try editing the appearance.2da instead. Either way, I would suggest that changing her appearance is going to break all her conversation cutscenes - you'll be looking at her stomach the whole time seeing as the shot is framed for a child, not an adult.

Really? I thought she was a unique character this whole time. Her head is definitely unique as I never anyone else in the entire game that looked like her and I've beaten 3 times.

So since she's not unique I take it there is no way (at least no unadvanced way) to swap her appearance?

It's the combination of head and body that's unique. Check that CRE file again. There's also a head entry. For the unique characters it's enough to check appearance.2da. For most you also need to look at heads.2da.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently replaying Jade Empire and decided Tiger Shen could do with a little bit of a reskin (he looks better with more hair), however I can not find the texture for any of the player characters once they become spirits, does anybody know where I can find the .txb files?

Edit-

If it helps, I have found P_Shen01V.txb in the override, and from that I figured out I just have stick "V" on the end of the other textures and I can override the default player spirit skin. However I would still like to get a look at the originals.

So I am looking for:

p_shenh01V.txb

P_Shen01V.txb

p_shenx01V.txb

Anyone know where these textures are hiding?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

I was wondering whether anyone knew how to edit Player Character scale. I've tried the basic appearances.2da and editing some numbers there but none of my changes seem to affect the Jade Empire at all.

I love Furious Ming but I can't play a short character... I'm biased :-)

The monk is nearly awesome but his eyebrows make me laugh everytime the camera changes to him.

OK, I'm new to JE modding, but I shall describe a problem.

Basically what I want to do is some area editing.

I would like to mod, for example Merchant Chiu to be a real merchant (have a stock of supplies which can be bought and you can sell your stuff) trading with e.g. various hard to find stuff - like fuel for Lord Lao's Furnace and change their prices to very cheap. I would like to add some new dialog lines for him or maybe for another NPCs too (including new conversation sounds - these I've already made - mp3's). Also how to make during conversation to trigger certain animations (gestures both for you and NPC) and/or give player Open Palm or Closed Fist points after certain lines was chosen?

Secondly I would like to change name of Serpent Lam's quarters to e.g. "My home" etc. but only after you bet him in the arena?

Thirdly: there are many "doors" in imperial city, but they're not assigned with any location you can enter. I mean buildings. I would like to mod one of such random buildings to have an "useable" door and then transport you to new area, e.g. Ministry Hostel (but empty, no NPCs) and change it's name to "My home" (area copy might be needed?).

I remember modding in NWN toolset (scripts) was pretty hard, but in JE it's even harder!

Fourthly (and lastly at the moment) - a mod called "Jade Empire in Style" adds lapdogs to the Imperial Palace. How to spawn npcs and make them "talkable"?

Please assist me.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm trying to replace the skin for Wu the Lotus Blossom with Fading Moon's skin. I saw above that she has a generic female pirate model and overwrote Wu's info with Moon's in appearance.2DA, but the game can't find her model files yet because she only shows up in Necropolis. So I went to Necropolis in the RIM Editor and copied everything related to Fading Moon into the override folder, but it still can't find the required files and crashes to desktop every time I try to pick Wu from the character select screen. Any ideas? I'm assuming I need to find the Female Pirate Captain model since Fading Moon uses that according to what I read above, but I have no idea where to find that in the RIM editor. Can anyone point me to it? Much obliged!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a request to DarthParametric - Scholar Ling as Silk Fox, please? It's because I playing as Silk Fox myself, and I don't wan't to see her in both places at the same time, as companion and player character.

Guys! Thanks for all your good work so far.

Per the above request. Note that I have done zero in-game testing of this, as I don't have the time. I think I got all her creature files, but possibly I missed some. As with the Dawn Star mods, this obviously doesn't change the pre-rendered videos. I also left the Lian model as-is, so now her Silk Fox persona really does make her incognito, as she physically becomes a completely different person.

Jade Empire: Special Edition

SCHOLAR LING AS SILK FOX
=========================

AUTHOR:
DarthParametric

ABOUT:
This mod replaces Silk Fox's default model and portraits with those for
Scholar Ling, normally a female PC character. The portraits are custom
ones derived from wallpaper images made by Bioware. This mod is a
variation on my original Dawn Star replacement mods available here: 

https://dpmods.wheb.org/jade_empire.html

INSTALLATION:
Copy the CRE and TGA files in the archive's Override folder to the Override
folder in your JE installation directory. You must also delete the following
TXB files in your JE Override folder:

ui_ph_silk.txb
ui_ph_silkd.txb
ui_ph_silke.txb
ui_ph_silkg.txb
ui_ph_silkq.txb

These are Silk Fox's default portraits. If you don't delete these, they
will supersede the replacement TGAs and you won't get the custom
Ling portraits. 

UNINSTALLATION:
Delete the CRE and TGA files from the JE Override folder. Copy the
backup TXB files in the ORIGINAL PORTRAITS folder to your JE
Override directory.

KNOWN ISSUES:
This mod was a request and has not been tested at the time of writing.
However, based on the previous Dawn Star mods, there is likely to be
some occasional minor clipping of the mouth box through the cheeks
during some lip sync animations, and possibly other distortions like
bug eyes.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
Thanks to stoffe and tk102 for providing the tools that allow mods like
this to be made.

You can contact me via the SWKnights forums -

http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=108447

PERMISSIONS:
This mod may not be altered or distributed on other sites without the
express permission of the author.

DISCLAIMER:
This modification is provided as-is and is not supported or sanctioned by
Bioware, Gray Matter, or 2K. Use of this file is at your own risk. Neither
the aforementioned companies or the author/s are responsible for any
damage that may be caused to your computer by the usage of this file.

Download here

DarthParametric, thank you so much, but... I can't download.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /files/je/DP_Scholar_Ling_As_Silk_Fox.7z on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at dpmods.bg2redux.com Port 443

It's probably because I use a mobile internet on phone (I don't have other internet connection for now). So, could you upload it to a file sharing site (MediaFire)? This'll be my last request to you.

I really! enjoyed playing with Death's Hand swords (from papagamer mod), and I want convert it from martial to weapon style - how can I do that? "Modifying the combat system" (see first post) moved me to bioware.com, not to tutorial.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey everyone, sorry to reply to this old thread, but I was wondering if someone could help me out. So I just started getting back into Jade Empire after a long time and made a few little mods myself. I then downloaded the Jade Empire in style mod and thought it was great. After playing through with the in style mod I want to go back and play through the game normally again. The thing is though I really enjoy all of the new styles from the mod. So my question is that is it possible to just add the new styles from the mod to the game and make them available through merchants. I was wondering if anyone knew what files I would need or if it can even be done. Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to revive the dead one but mod by SpaceAlex is only one thing i missing. If anyone could reupload this it would be great. Thanks.

*SPOILER WARNING*

I have a few mods and fixes I would like to share. It's nothing major, but I think they improve the game without adding things that would appear out of place.

1. Closed Fist Dawn Star + Silk Fox: This mod makes sure that if you convince both DS and SF to turn to the Dark Side, they will not turn on you if you recruit Death's Hand or/and poison the Water Dragon. As it stands right now, Dawn Star would always betray you if you romanced her together with Silk Fox, which made absolutely no sense to me; thus I created a mod to fix that. Now, she (or Silk Fox) will only turn on you if you didn't manage to turn her away from the path of harmony. :p

Issues: The only issue with this mod is that you will not be presented with description of what became of Dawn Star after the death of Li and the Water Dragon because the game assumes she is dead. I'm not exactly sure how to fix that, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Note that this bug doesn't happen if you don't consume WD's spirit but still enslave Death's Hand.

Screenshots:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
JadeEmpire2009-04-1806-27-42-08.jpg

Show spoiler
JadeEmpire2009-04-1806-27-48-68.jpg

Show spoiler
JadeEmpire2009-04-1806-28-41-07.jpg

2. Silk Fox Without Face Covering During Conversations: With this mod installed, Silk Fox will remove her face-covering when engaged in conversation and put it back on when it terminates. There is no animation for this, but that isn't a problem; you never get to see her covering disappearing in the middle of the conversation, so you can just assume she takes it off before she starts talking and then puts it back on immediately after she stops.

Issues: None that I know of. This mod is only active during chapter 3 (in chapter 2, she will always wear her covering), so it shouldn't cause any problems in the latter chapters in which she doesn't wear any covering at all.

Screenshots:

Show spoiler
JadeEmpire2009-04-1806-17-47-76.jpg

Show spoiler
JadeEmpire2009-04-1806-17-58-63.jpg

3. Black Whirlwind Arena Fix: There is a bug in the game that prevents you from asking BW about the arena after you defeat Lucky Cho. This mod aims to fix that. You can now ask him about the arena throughout the whole chapter 3; he has something new to say after Lucky Cho's defeat, when he learns the truth about his brother, and when you become an arena champion.

Issues: None, this mod fixes issues. :xp:

Screenshot:

Show spoiler
JadeEmpire2009-04-1806-23-19-18.jpg

4. Greater Music Track Variety: Some music tracks are reused way too often, while some are not used at all. Installing this mod will fix that.

Issues: Hopefully none. I've made sure the music fits the areas, so you don't have to worry about things appearing out of place.

5. Party Members with More HP: This very simple mod (that took me quite a while to make :p) will give your party members more hit points, which basically means they will not die nearly as often as they do now. They will not be dealing any more damage, so no need to worry about unbalancing the game.

Issues: none.

Installation: just copy everything from the mod folders and paste it into your override folder.

Download the mods

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived