Home

Ingame Player Profile Screen

Do YOU dislike the current JKA ingame player profile screen? I do, because I find it insurveyable, messy and just plain ****. Everything is mixed up, with the majority of the screen being occupied by all the model icons.

So, since I was bored today, I decided to do a little work on that ingame menu screen.

I came up with this!

This looks way better, in my opinion, and is easier on the eyes. Everything is still done in one single menu. It is still a work-in-progress and so far, I have only reworked the 'Force Power' screen and the 'Name' screen. I have decided to put Force powers and gunnery skills on seperate sheets, so there is enough space left for future Force powers or gunnery skills to add.

By the way, I was unable to figure out how to show/hide the Force Powers when you select/deselect Seeing. Every power is visible from the start, however, you still need to have Seeing in order to choose other Force powers. The same goes for the Lightsaber skills as well.

Looks very good. This looks similar to the main menu scheme that UDM is doing for the main menu. :) PM me your contact information and we can discuss getting this into the next OJP release.

By the way, I was unable to figure out how to show/hide the Force Powers when you select/deselect Seeing. Every power is visible from the start, however, you still need to have Seeing in order to choose other Force powers. The same goes for the Lightsaber skills as well.

Make sure that the Force power menu items have the same menudef names as in the OJP .menu file. That should make the code be able to do its magic again.

I notice that the top part of the menu is different as well. Does that mean that all the ingame menus will be modifed to use the different border/background style?

Do you have screenshots of the other menus on the profile screen?

Ok, I will try your suggestion about the force powers menudef names.

I notice that the top part of the menu is different as well. Does that mean that all the ingame menus will be modifed to use the different border/background style?

Do you have screenshots of the other menus on the profile screen?

Well, I have already talked and worked with UDM. He was doing all the main menu menus while I was doing all the ingame menus.

And yes, the different border/background style has been applied to all the ingame menus. I can send you screenshots if you want, or even the whole pk3 file if you are interested.

Can't wait to take a look at it, but for some reason imageshack hates me and always refuses to load up on my browser. And I can't login to MSN either to ask someone to send me the picture

Damn, just damn

Oh bjuster are you interested in working on the profile menu for the main menu too? The controls menu needs to be set up properly too (only done it halfway)

Thanks for all the compliments. :)

I think I have the Force Seeing thing sorted out now. However, the only thing there is that the rest of the neutral powers won't disapear when there are no points distributed to Force Seeing. I can't remember if that was already the case, I never really tried with the default menu.

So far, I have gotten around to most other screens now, and the only thing left is the Lightsaber hilt & colour screen, as well as the RGB colours for custom skins.

I have divided the Gunnery screen up into 'Weapon Skills' and 'Gadgets'. I will show you here. (Sorry UDM, I don't know any other sites than imageshack.) I don't know if you guys like that or if you have other ideas for that screen, but I thought it looked quite cool.

Oh bjuster are you interested in working on the profile menu for the main menu too? The controls menu needs to be set up properly too (only done it halfway)

Well, if you don't mind, I would like to finish these ingame menus first before I am going to take on other stuff. But when these menus are finished, we can talk about it.

Yeah that sucks! A lot of the hilts I have installed (I try to support everything and their mom on the server I run) won't load because there's too little space in the list. Leading to people not being able to show off and play with their hilt without it being rendered as a stinger :(((((((((((((

which is butt-ugly

He doesn't have control over that. That's a code issue. How many does it display now and how many would you want it to display?
not sure how many it shows not but lets just go nuts and make it that it shows up to 999 hilts, hey could we do the same things for skins while were at it, you know make it so that it shows more skins?

Archived