Home

two overrides?

Mindtwistah

Is it possible to have two overridefolders?

I mean to call one "override" and the second "Override".

So for example if two mods contains the file skills.2da i can put one mod in one folder and the second mod in the second folder.

No... file and folder names in windows aren't case sensitive. :)

And even if you could have two 2DA files with the same names the game would only load one of them. There can only be one resource with a resref in the game, if multiple are found in different locations they will override each other depending on where they are located.

To make two mods using the same 2DA files work together you will need to merge those files. Some mods come with an installer that does this automatically for you. If the ones you want do not, you will have to do it by hand.

No... file and folder names in windows aren't case sensitive. :)

And even if you could have two 2DA files with the same names the game would only load one of them. There can only be one resource with a resref in the game, if multiple are found in different locations they will override each other depending on where they are located.

To make two mods using the same 2DA files work together you will need to merge those files. Some mods come with an installer that does this automatically for you. If the ones you want do not, you will have to do it by hand.

How do I do it "by hand"?

Archived