Home

Escape: Yavin 4 The lost maps

Daniel333

Hi well l was wondering well it looks so cool this mod and l have played the first version and l loved it but whenever it finishes getting it off the internet it says it is corrupted and l was sad when l could not get the file to work so please can someone tell me if they had the same problem and figured it out and if you want to know l have windows xp home edition :giveup:

Also if you get an error while playing I would recommend emptying your base of EVERYTHING. Because Lost maps has a lot of new skins and NPCS and JA has a limit to them. So if you get another error empty your base

(I think I just stopped 2 more errors from happening)

Hi well l was wondering well it looks so cool this mod and l have played the first version and l loved it but whenever it finishes getting it off the internet it says it is corrupted and l was sad when l could not get the file to work so please can someone tell me if they had the same problem and figured it out and if you want to know l have windows xp home edition :giveup:

Dude, please use punctuation marks (meaning: .?,!" etc...)

Reading your posts gives me a headache...

I understand not everyone has a total grasp of the English language, but no matter what language you speak or where you are from, punctuation marks are important;)

Are you downloading from JK files?

Well why have no punctuation marks thats like well your making a sentence in an test well who cares well l do it forquestions most of the time and when lm loud well we do have our own opinion anyway l have got the mod to work! lm so happy thanks all you guys for your help l used all your info now l am having a great time thanks alot for the info!

It took forever to download the full version of the escape from yavin 4 but it is well worth it!

I am like 1/3 through I believe and I am having a blast, my goal once I learn to use Radiant pretty well is to make at least one map that is as big as the escape ones are.

I am so glad that somebody made some Sp maps, I wish there we more SP mods but I completely understand the difference between a multiplayer map and a SP map . . . all the script writing, characters, level designs, storyline, and last but not least the size of it . . . . .wow

Oh yeah one other thing about the Escape from Yavin 4 mod . .

. . . the main bad guy, the kildor alien (think that is the species lol) the voice makes me laugh everytime I hear it, I think it is great, I was not expecting that at all, he like expands his words and is voice louder at times . . . . so funny

Oh yeah one other thing about the Escape from Yavin 4 mod . .

. . . the main bad guy, the kildor alien (think that is the species lol) the voice makes me laugh everytime I hear it, I think it is great, I was not expecting that at all, he like expands his words and is voice louder at times . . . . so funny

ITS KELDOR. Its one of the SP species so I thought at least one person would know how to spell it.

Anyway I liked escape yavin 4 because it was a huge and hard Thriller. It took me 3 weeks to beat it. But the story for both darkside and lightside blew me away.

I have yet to play dark side, but the light side was sweet. In future versions I think the author could incorporate stealth levels.

The only stealth level in JK was the one in JO and that was ANNOYING. Stealth shouldnt be done in an FPS game. It is just to hard.

Yeah it is a great mod . . .so one guy made all those maps by himself right??

If one person made all the maps that is really cool, does anyone know how long it took to make the mod?? a year, two years?

I HIGHLY doubt that he could have done that by himself. That would take almost 10 years due to scripting, mapping, modeling and so much more. Remember they arent just maps. There is also custom voices, models and scripts. Even weapons. There was an EY4 team that did it of course.

But yeah since the first version of Escape yavin 4 came out in 2005 it would have taken 2 years. Meaning the EY4 team had to be much bigger then I thought

yeah I know all the characters and weapons were made by different people, in the credits though the same guy was given credit to all the levels . . . . I forgot his name but whatever . . . . it was a great mod and extremely worthy, I wish there were more than just one though, it would be cool to see another sp mod made by other groups

yeah I know all the characters and weapons were made by different people, in the credits though the same guy was given credit to all the levels . . . . I forgot his name but whatever . . . . it was a great mod and extremely worthy, I wish there were more than just one though, it would be cool to see another sp mod made by other groups

It might be that the person mapped the maps. Meaning that he did 50% of the work for the maps. But everyone else used textures and models and such

But anyway to change the subject. What skins does everybody use for EY4? I use either the Drifter skin or the MC skin.

I just started playing EY4 and it is great. The levels are long and hard and its going to take me forever to complete this mod. It takes me about two hours a level. I'm playing with the human male Jaden with red shirt and grey pants. I just finished the first swoop level. I'm so glad a SP mod like this came out because its like a whole new game. There are 25 playable levels. There are 35 levels in all. 10 cinematic and 25 playable. 35 levels, 150000 brushes, 25000 lines of script, 40000 entities and 3000 hours of blood and sweat was put into EY:4 - The Lost Maps.

The only stealth level in JK was the one in JO and that was ANNOYING. Stealth shouldnt be done in an FPS game. It is just to hard.

The one in JO was done very badly, I've seen some very good fps stealth levels like in red faction and maybe others. Stealth should just ease the level of difficulty, but getting caught shouldn't end the level but just make it much harder. I think he used custom made models and skins made by others after asking their permission and giving them credits I believe.

• 1 month later...

I've just started playing this one too, and yes it is an awesome mod. Though it's kind of amusing in a couple of assumptions it makes. Firstly, it assumes that you completed the original game on the dark side (Erm, nope - but as it's part of the plot I'll forgive them) and that Jaden is male. (Erm, nope again - not in my game). So all the references to "him", "he's" etc do not fit my Jaden character (Twi'lek female).

Looks like it's going to take me a while to complete it as well :)

I did try playing the original version of Escape: Yavin 4 to begin with, but found it very frustrating in two ways. One was the confusing level design, where it wasn't always obvious what to do next and secondly, it managed to hard lock my computer several times in the space of one level. The new version has yet to do so. :)

Archived