Home

my k3 ideas

DreadWizardDM

Well I have seen a few threads about what should be in K3 (if they even make the darn thing). So here is my 2 cents.

1. Have 2 totally different campaigns, one for LS, one for DS. The campaigns should be highly adaptive and reflect a story upon each other, in other words upon playing both sides you will have a deeper understanding of the outcome of the game.

2. The Ebon hawk should naturally be in the game, maybe some upgrades to it.

3. Ships: You should be able to purchase upgrades to your ship or be able to buy an entirely new ship if you like.

4. No level limits, have epic progression.

5. Online game options via a secure online server: Playing pazaak or pod racing with other real players for some creds would be fun. Being able to transfer some of your online credits to your single play game would enhance the experience of the game. However you cannot use your "single player credits to upload for play"... hence no cheating in online pazaak or swoop racing.

6. Galaxy exploration: Perhaps you can explore star systems and discover previously unknown and interesting worlds or moons.

7. Should Reven be in the game?: YES!! Maybe you can start out as Reven or at the least have Reven in the game as an NPC on some sort of plot twist.

8. TONS OF FEATS AND FORCE POWERS!... this would make your character and NPC's more customisable.

9. Different jedi / sith classes to start as, similiar to TSL and definately have prestige classes.

10. A Wide array of romance options.

11. Make the game VERY easy to mod out the wazoo.

12. Continuing online support from the manufacturer with a forum that the developers are involved in.

13. Hire / Fire NPC's.. lets face it you cannot have 20 NPC's at once filling up your ship so if you wish to dismiss an NPC in favor of picking up a different one you can always drop off the old NPC and have the option of picking them up later.

14. Transitions... whether you start as LS or DS there should always be an option for the player to start making the transition towards the other side. The game should be adaptive in this aspect.

15. Starting point... well this one could be tough. I can see the game starting out either just before the mandalorian wars or just after K2 TSL in reference to timeline. Another possibility would be to start during the war of Exar Kun (young jolee bindo anyone)?

Anyways thats my suggestions.. feel free to comment or add on to this.

13. Hire / Fire NPC's.. lets face it you cannot have 20 NPC's at once filling up your ship so if you wish to dismiss an NPC in favor of picking up a different one you can always drop off the old NPC and have the option of picking them up later.

I like this Idea :)

well if it started back in Exar Kun's time then the title would be Golden Age of the Sith instead.

If your Splitting hairs It would have to be a thousand years before Exar Kun to be the Golden age of the sith, but I agree that it should probobly be set after TSL, maybe 1-2 years.

1. Have 2 totally different campaigns, one for LS, one for DS. The campaigns should be highly adaptive and reflect a story upon each other, in other words upon playing both sides you will have a deeper understanding of the outcome of the game.

That would be cool, but I'm afraid it would take quite a bit of time for the developers to be able to do something like that.

2. The Ebon hawk should naturally be in the game, maybe some upgrades to it.

Definitely. The Ebon Hawk is like the Millennium Falcon of the KotOR.

3. Ships: You should be able to purchase upgrades to your ship or be able to buy an entirely new ship if you like.

This would be cool for an MMO (not a KotOR MMO though), but it's probably a little unnecessary for KotOR. I would rather have the devs focus more on the plot than what kind of ship upgrades you can buy.

4. No level limits, have epic progression.

I assume you XP levels. If so, this would make it even more unrealistic than it already is. Your character will go from a level 1 nobody to a level 20-30 Force god by the end of the game.

5. Online game options via a secure online server: Playing pazaak or pod racing with other real players for some creds would be fun. Being able to transfer some of your online credits to your single play game would enhance the experience of the game. However you cannot use your "single player credits to upload for play"... hence no cheating in online pazaak or swoop racing.

Isn't there already an online Pazaak game?

6. Galaxy exploration: Perhaps you can explore star systems and discover previously unknown and interesting worlds or moons.

I do think there should be more planets to explore, so we agree on this.

7. Should Reven be in the game?: YES!! Maybe you can start out as Reven or at the least have Reven in the game as an NPC on some sort of plot twist.

In the game? Yes. A playable character? No. The same goes for the Exile.

8. TONS OF FEATS AND FORCE POWERS!... this would make your character and NPC's more customisable.

Agreed.

9. Different jedi / sith classes to start as, similiar to TSL and definately have prestige classes.

What do you mean? The classes you choose from are different already.

10. A Wide array of romance options.

Agreed, but optional. Someone shouldn't be forced to have a relationship with someone they find to be revolting.

11. Make the game VERY easy to mod out the wazoo.

Isn't it already? ;)

I'd rather have only about 6-8 party member at once, and have 2-4 of them be variable (depending on your gender/alignment). This would make for deeper characters.

14. Transitions... whether you start as LS or DS there should always be an option for the player to start making the transition towards the other side. The game should be adaptive in this aspect.

True, but once a person gets to a certain point on one path, it should be much harder for them to turn back. For instance, if you're a 75% light sider, you shouldn't be allowed to go slaughter innocents for no particular reason.

15. Starting point... well this one could be tough. I can see the game starting out either just before the mandalorian wars or just after K2 TSL in reference to timeline. Another possibility would be to start during the war of Exar Kun (young jolee bindo anyone)?

Then it would be KotOR 0.5 (or 1.5), not KotOR III. I think it should be set no more than 2-4 years after TSL. The Revan Vs. The True Sith story needs to be resolved.

Some of your ideas sound very Baldur's Gate-like. They worked in those games and similar ones, but probably wouldn't work in KotOR series.

Heaps of NPC options would take away from the concept of party member customization. In other RPGs, there are plenty of classes, so whatever you'd do to Keldorn and Yoshimo, they wouldn't resemble each other by any means. However, in KotOR class choices are fairly limited and not that different from one another (especially Jedi classes), so most of your companions would end up fairly similar to each other.

I'd personally prefer depth in your companions. Besides, they should contribute more in the plot, and not only with their blasters. KotOR was better than TSL in this aspect, but even then, their "side quests" only had a feeling of diversion about them, if anything. Bastila and Kreia were who really had made any difference.

Galactic exploration might be pretty cool... provided that the universe isn't as vast as Elder Scrolls worlds. I don't wanna run for thousands of miles just for 500 XP. Speaking of experience, I'd very much like to see d20 system or any trace of AD&D3 kicked out, but I won't be dreaming. However, at least they could restrict all the melee combat feats to standart melee weapons and let us work on and improve our lightsaber forms instead. Like, a new "feat" point to spend on Soresu so it would provide +5 additional defense against non-target opponents, etc. Let Wookies go Power Attack, I'll improve my Ataru form.

Finally, the Force can be used to alter the surroundings as well. I'm not suggesting to turn the new KotOR into an action game, but where the plot allows, the Force could be used to destroy a structure, just for the fun of it. It doesn't even require an interactive environment.

Hey thanks for the feedback all. Keep it coming because I actually want to print this out eventually and send it certified mail to the lucasarts game developmnt department. I agree with alot of the points raised from the comments also. True we are not working on Elder scrolls or baldurs Gate hehe..but this is where all the ideas really start in my modest opinion. All you can do is get a bunch of good people together and share ideas. Hopefully after 25 posts I can get in touch with the right people at Lucasarts and send them a letter. It certainly cannot hurt :)

Very well. Then how about Elder Scrolls' guild system? Let the protagonist join the Jedi or the Sith, depending on his/her tastes, and make his way through. Like how Revan worked for GenoHaradan, for example. I liked the system in those games, and I wouldn't mind seeing a similar concept in the next KotOR.

Hey thanks for the feedback all. Keep it coming because I actually want to print this out eventually and send it certified mail to the lucasarts game developmnt department. I agree with alot of the points raised from the comments also. True we are not working on Elder scrolls or baldurs Gate hehe..but this is where all the ideas really start in my modest opinion. All you can do is get a bunch of good people together and share ideas. Hopefully after 25 posts I can get in touch with the right people at Lucasarts and send them a letter. It certainly cannot hurt :)
What is the purpose of this letter? LA will never accept external things for inclusion in one of their games...

What is the purpose of this letter? LA will never accept external things for inclusion in one of their games...

Actually LA has a fan liason department for all their products. Also if by chance Bioware does land the contract with LA to devlop the game ... well bioware developers actually do take an active roll in fan feedback when making their games.

Archived