Home

Best anime

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboy Bebop (I'd say the only anime I've seen with a main character from Singapore, aka Faye Valentine.)

Hellsing (GONZO's 13 episode version, or the newer OVAs. It's personal preference.)

BERSERK (very violent)

Akazukin Cha Cha (the anime and manga are beyond random. It's sickeningly cute too)

Ranma 1/2 (sorry, now THIS show is random. Old, but gawd random and insane and disgusting at some points)

Ghost in the Shell (the anime movie that made people realize anime wasn't just for kids. But it's heavy stuff so it's not for casual watchers)

Patlabor 3 (Another great, slightly adult, movie. Watch this but don't watch the other Patlabors, simply because they are utterly different in every single way. The Patlabor robots don't even appear until the last 20 minutes of Patlabor 3, so I wonder why they even make it in the same universe.)

Anything by Studio Ghibli if you can. I suggest particular Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind, and maybe Howl's Moving Castle. Try for the original Japanese versions with English subtitles if you can, although the English dubs are quite decent.

Vampire Hunter D; Bloodlust (I watch alot of vampire anime. This is the most beautiful, and one of the few animes that started with an ENGLISH voice-cast and not the other way around)

Jungle Emperor Leo (because the Lion King copied them, although they're quite different at the end of the day. Animations a bit dated, and the story is kinda dated as well, but it's worth a look if you want to watch one of Osamu Tezuka's greatest works.)

- FLCL (Fooly Cooly, Furi Kuri)

- Paranoia Agent

- Conan the Detective

Heh, these are really the only animes I actually watched as a show instead of "oh, well it's on, so I guess I'll watch" Well for that category:

- Lupin III

- Trigun

- Cowboy Bebop

My favorite anime is FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST. It is so full of violence, and hot German guys (Anyone who remembers some of my older posts will probably not find this disturbing... AND! The one I'm now referring to has A NORMAL SHADE OF SKIN!) and people with green and pink and purple hair... I luffs it. And when I go to Japan in December/January, I'm gonna buy the Dream Carnival game and a Japanese Playstation.

Archived