Home

Easy web editing software?

Mex

Hello, long long time no see guys, no one remembers who I am but I am here on a mission!

I've experimented with Google pages and made my own website with that, its basically my own personal website in which I host videos. I want to move onto something bigger so I can have my own domain instead of .googlepages.com.

I'm ready to buy the domain and set it all up but first, I need to get some easy web editing software! Google pages was really easy to use and I need something like that, but offers more customization. I was looking for something like Coda but unfortunately the software is mac only.

If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful. Oh, and I don't mind ones that I have to pay for but free ones would be very much preferred. :)

Thanks.

It is part of the Microsoft Office Suite.

*thinks for a second*

If I remember rightly, that was a terrible piece of software, trying to make something good in that was like performing heart surgery with no prior experience.

I'll research on what else I can get with this company...

Soholaunch seems good, comes free with the website too. I'll have a quick look at it.

Dreamweaver is what we use at school and it's pretty easy to use.

Dreamweaver is the easiest web page designer. I have tried front page and the rest and Dreamweaver clearly outstrips them. I would highly recommend it since it is made by Macromedia the creators of Flash.

But my advice is to learn HTML and create a website via notepad. But if you need a simple site with no flash or anything try Dreamweaver. If you wish to create a clan site or a really big site then I would recommend HTML. Since it is really hard to use but has bigger results and bigger presentation.

I of course use Dreamweaver MX 2004 and am glad I got it along with flash and fireworks.

A good program I used in the past was ACEhtml and it did the job quite nicely. I also tried out dreamweaver but that didn´t really satisfy me as it mostly didn´t do what I wanted. Nowadays it´s all notepad! :D

I don't really want anything really, really basic. Something with a bit of CSS or flash or something like that. I think I'll end up sticking with the website editor, I wanted to shove a few game reviews onto it so... Meh I'll find something somehow :(

http://www.w3schools.com/

Learn how to make webpages. Then use notepad. That's how I figured it out.

A good idea, but you can probably allow yourself the luxury of something like WinEdit that has syntax highlighting and the like. :) But yes, learning how it really works will be an advantage in the long run. There are tons of tutorials out there, and the link above is very useful.

Archived