Home

[FIN]Fade to Black

Rabish Bini

I would like to thank RC-1162 for requesting this great song for a song fic. It is by Metallica, and the video can be found

. It is live as there is no film clip for this song. Enjoy. :)

-------------------------

Fade to Black

Rick walked the empty sands of Korriban, it has been two long years since he was last here, searching for Master Lonna Vash. He felt a wave of despair float over him. His friends had abandoned him, the Order claimed they didn't need him and started rebuilding without him.

"If only Revan was here," he thought, "Then he could tell them the truth, I am not evil!" He walked into the abandoned Sith Academy, walking into darkness...

Life it seems, will fade away

Drifting further every day

Getting lost within myself

Nothing matters no one else

As Rick walked through the empty, destroyed corridors, he heard strange noises, like calls, telling him to give in.

"I can't keep living like this." He said to himself, but the calls got stronger, telling him to join them.

"I CAN'T!" Rick fell to his knees. A light pattering was heard from behind him, as soft as rain falling on grass. Rick turned around, but no-one was there.

I have lost the will to live

Simply nothing more to give

There is nothing more for me

Need the end to set me free

He felt his feelings for Brianna return, he loved her with all his heart, but she betrayed him, as did everyone else.

"You did the wrong thing," they said, "You should've killed her." But he couldn't, he just couldn't kill Kreia, who taught him everything he knows, he thought of her as the mother he never had, even though she treated him like garbage, he was empty without Brianna.

Things aren't what they used to be

Missing one inside of me

Deathly lost, this cant be real

Can't stand this hell I feel

Rick got off the ground and continued walking, the voices were getting louder, he tried to get them out of his head, he would not fall, even though he would get the revenge he wanted if he did. He found his way to Uthar Wynn's room, before he was killed by Revan. The Sith holocron was still there, the same one he couldn't open two years ago. He kicked the piece of junk. It immediately opened and startled Rick, who stumbled onto the ground. The holocron was of a person whose face Rick knew all to well, Sion. The holocron started replaying Sion's mesage.

"The Exile is here, Vash is dead. The bait worked perfectly, the Exile is mine." The holocron flickered for a moment and then changed to a different recording. A masked Sith stood there.

"Sion is dead, we rule this place!" The message ended and the holocron closed, Rick stood up, feeling even emptier than before.

Emptiness is filling me

To the point of agony

Growing darkness taking dawn

I was me, but now hes gone

Rick ran for the exit of the academy, but it was closed. Someone, or something, was in here other than him. He reached for his lightsaber until he realised it was taken from him. He would have to rely on whatever he could find. He ran for the combat room, where he thought there would be some weapons, but it was empty. He heard breathing.

"Who are you?" He asked, with a croaky sounding voice.

The being simply said, "Join us."

No one but me can save myself, but its too late

Now I cant think, think why I should even try

Rick decided he would not fall, it would be a burden to the galaxy, another all-powerful Sith Lord for the Republic, which was practically nothing, to deal with. He tried the door to the Valley of the Dark Lords, but it was also sealed. There was only one thing to do, he sprinted to the torture room, all the while join us span through his mind, the calls were unbearable now, like a spear being pushed straight through your stomach. Rick finally reached the torture room, the door sealed behind him, he was alone, until the Sith in the holocron appeared.

"Join us." He said.

"NEVER!" Yelled a frustrated Rick, he grabbed the electrical wire and walked calmly to the terminal.

"What are you doing?" Asked the Sith. Rick just stayed quiet, he stuck the wire close to his heart and turned on the terminal, in an instant he was fried.

Yesterday seems as though it never existed

Death greets me warm, now I will just say good-bye

------------The End-------------

Hope you enjoyed it. Post any replies here

Archived