Home

Spiderman 3 - Thoughts and Opinions

Commander Obi-Wan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eric Foreman as Eddie Brock? Sorry, I just think they could have casted that one better. :p

I can't wait for this one. I'm going to see it with a few buddies sometime in the next few weeks, for sure.

I'm looking to forward to what he ( Topher) can do on the big screen. I've only seen the picture posted in here of venom, and it looks great! :)

Actually, you fail.

http://www.answers.com/boughten&r=67

You should have actually read the entire definition

"The Northern form boughten (as in store boughten) features the participial ending –en, added to bought, the participial form, probably by analogy with more common participial adjectives such as frozen."

You can use boughten as a participial adjective, just like you can with frozen, as a modifier to describe something. And because a participle is an adjective form of a verb, it's not a verb anymore and cannot be used as such. I keep my throne, and to the dungeons with you.

You should have actually read the entire definition

"The Northern form boughten (as in store boughten) features the participial ending –en, added to bought, the participial form, probably by analogy with more common participial adjectives such as frozen."

You can use boughten as a participial adjective, just like you can with frozen, as a modifier to describe something. And because a participle is an adjective form of a verb, it's not a verb anymore and cannot be used as such. I keep my throne, and to the dungeons with you.

Regardless though, the definition still clearly dictates the word as a verb, as it says in the very first definition. Sure, you can do whatever faux-grammar wriggling to get out of it, but you can't deny what it bluntly states.

The only case you have is to say that Northern US dialect don't count, but once you do that you'll have the entire state of Montana upon you...

The only case you have is to say that Northern US dialect don't count, but once you do that you'll have the entire state of Montana upon you...
No, the only case I have to say is that it is a participle version of the verb, which is clearly stated. It is a "past participle of buy". It's still TECHNICALLY a verb, but you cannot USE it as a verb in a sentence, which is why I say it is not a verb. You can argue that I was semantically incorrect, but for all intents and purposes it's not a verb. So :p

So as to avoid my continuing to be completely off-topic, I'm going to see S3 for absolute certainty this Friday. I've even gotten work explicitly off to prevent the slightest possibility of missing it.

I say however people use "boughten" becomes the proper form. It's an evolving language, aint it?

How did a spiderman 3 thread become a grammar school? A thread of this awesomeness should absorb bad grammar harmlessly.

Has anyone got a Venom smiley? That would be a cool adition to this forum.

Well I just saw Spider-Man 3 today. And can I say Bloody hell. Its sooo good. All spidey fans need to see it. Venom's awesome Sandman's the tradgic villan and Harry well you'll be surprised. Some things don't follow the comics but it was done really well. Enjoy.

Just got back from the midnight showing.

OH. MY. GOSH.

Seriously blew my mind. Everything from the story, the acting, the special effects, the cinematography... wow.

My only real complaint is that the beginning felt REALLY choppy, but this was remedied half an hour or so into the movie. Or maybe it was just me, anyone else feel this way?

The dual Spidey/Goblin tag team at the end was AMAZING!!! O_O

Archived