Home

Force speed

Yohein

Hi,

there's something I can't "understand". Considering only the movies, in Episode 1 Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon can be seen using what it looks to be "force speed" to escape from the droidekas... but that's the only scene in the six movies when we see that power (as far as I remember).

It's weird because it looks like an useful power, in fact it could have been useful in the fight against Darth Maul. Obi-Wan just runs normally in order to reach Qui-Gon and Darth Maul, instead of using that same power he used at the beggining of the movie to gain speed.

Is that really supposed to be a special force power or it's just some kind of "not very good shown-fast-jump" or something? because other way it doesn't makes sense, at least for me :xp:

Q: At the end of The Phantom Menace, why didn't Obi-Wan use his super-speed to run past the energy gates that kept him from Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul?

A: Physical feats and acts of strength aren't always 100 percent repeatable. You may also ask why, if your favorite sports team defeated a rival once, do they not defeat them every time? Physical and mental exhaustion play a role in the use of Jedi powers. These may have hampered Obi-Wan's abilities during the duel.

- Steve Sansweet

Found at starwars.com -> Community -> Questions and Answers. Select Episode I Lore and it's the 3rd one from the bottom. I think this is as good of an answer as you'll get from official sources.

Archived