Home

The disruptor and the DEMP

Tanqexe

When DarthDie and I were trying to get out of the disruptor's zoom mode while trying to run away, there is a delay before it does zoom out. In the time that this happens, we both got sliced to bits. Zoom out should be much more responsive in all situations. In fact, I think that when you start running your scope automatically zooms out. DarthDie also noticed a bug in Jedi Master where if you're in zoom mode and you pick up the saber, you're stuck in zoom mode WITH a lightsaber, and you can't get out of it.

Another thing that irks me with the disruptor zoom mode is the lack of a cross hair. This needs to be graphically included.

Looks like the DEMP is enabled along with weapon spawn, but what role should it play in the new gunner system? IMO it should definitely include mishap damage that will wreak havoc on gunner accuracy. The DEMP may prove to be an interesting addition into our revamped array of weapons. I think every single ranged weapon should have something tactically interesting to bring to the table with both its primary and alt fire. E-11 needs an alt-fire!

Bug ticket the Disruptor issues.

As for the Demp, we could probably add it back in, but we're going to have to have a discussion about what its purpose is and what it should do. Right now, it seems to stun players from attacking for a few seconds. This is already very powerful by itself. It might have to be changed.

Bug ticket the Disruptor issues.

As for the Demp, we could probably add it back in, but we're going to have to have a discussion about what its purpose is and what it should do. Right now, it seems to stun players from attacking for a few seconds. This is already very powerful by itself. It might have to be changed.

The secondary attack directly affects HP. I really don't like this. Perhaps switch secondary to mishap damage like I proposed? This'll be a pretty interesting weapon to play with. Its purpose, unlike other weapons in the arsenal, is more defensive than offensive, and it'll be a nice addition.

Don't make DEMP2 shots as fast as other weapon's. Maybe half of it, or like rocket maybe.

Single fire should deal 2 MP per shot and do low damage.

Altfire uncharged 1 MP

Altfire halfcharged 2 MP

altfire fullcharged 4 MP

As for the damage, I don't know.

Tanq : Want a good scope? search for gravescope on jk2files. It's a cool scope, it looks like a bit CS's, 2 black lines and a red dot in the middle. Accuracy's perfect.

Leave the demp out! It's a really easy way to kill enemy seekers or sentry droids from any distance making it a bit overpowered.

If anything, introduce the new pistol that I got us.

Instead of destroying seekers or sentries what about temporarily stunning them?

MP affects gunners because that's a measure of the accuracy of their shot, right? That's why an MP affecting weapon may be an interesting defensive addition.

Perhaps blaster shots can cash in on the mishap level of Jedi if not deflected? If we think of mishap as a measure of someone's balance, then getting hit when you're off balance can send you stumbling or knock you down if you're really unbalanced.

DEMP2 as it is now (graphically and phisically), cannot be deflected.

I don't really think it's necessary to add it in, but I don't mind if it's added in, I don't really care, as long as it's not overpowered or doesn't make mercs totally 0wn saberists...

DEMP2 as it is now (graphically and phisically), cannot be deflected.

I don't really think it's necessary to add it in, but I don't mind if it's added in, I don't really care, as long as it's not overpowered or doesn't make mercs totally 0wn saberists...

Didn't say anything about DEMP cashing in on failed deflects. I said blaster shots - from an E-11 or maybe even a pistol.

Didn't you code in a time window where a successive shot on a Jedi actually forces him to dodge? (I remember you testing this on me)

Blaster Bolt Blocking:

- Saber bolt blocking now has a slight delay between blocks so that well-aimed, rapid fire can break thru a Jedi's defenses. This delay is smaller with higher levels of saber defense.

Didn't say anything about DEMP cashing in on failed deflects. I said blaster shots - from an E-11 or maybe even a pistol.

Don't make me say what I haven't... I didn't even talk about you.

At the moment, DEMP2 is like basejka, except the projectile speed was increased, probably damage too.

But keep in mind that DEMP2 is not deflectable right now. That's all...

Didn't you code in a time window where a successive shot on a Jedi actually forces him to dodge? (I remember you testing this on me)

You're right. But that behavior is probably going to change in the near future. The plan is to make blocking during the delay cost more DP instead of force Body Dodges.

Anyway, your idea is an interesting one. I think we might want to give it a shot. Bug ticket it.

Archived