Home

Jedi Knights: Masters of the Force (Rewriten)

Shana

Strider grinned. While the man was indeed imposing, height did not bother him. The bigger they were the harder they fell. Strider himself looked only in his mid twenties, and he was glad that his young appearance had fooled the man. "My arrogance is backed with confidence, I assure you," the man replied, spinning his lightsaber and holding it at the ready.

"You heard the lady, it's time to tango, maybe if you've got some skill I might spare you," the Sith Hunter taunted with a cocky smile. He debated to himself whether or not one day his arrogance would get the better of him, then, deciding that he knew better than that, dashed the thoughts away and focused now on the stance of the man before him.

"As the new challenger, I say it would only be polite if you go first. Make your move."

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((my bad...))

The Seren followers cowered after what had just happened...

The inside of the dock's doors were dented, the man unfortunate enough to be standing near Asa after her little tantrum after discovering the inactive doors; his head lay in blasted ruins several feet from his body.

Normally her face was invisible, though the frightened Seren gasped when she glared at them with glowing blue eyes from under the dark hood, her voice distored by the remnants of the power used to damage the docking bay doors in her rage.

"Protect the ship, I will deal with this!"

The doors leading in the security-section were sealed shut, the controls locked out. Stepping back, Asa gestured with her hand for the door to open, though more or less was sheared from it's bearings as if hit by a starship cannon.

Multiple bulkhead-like blast doors impeeded her progress, it was a simple matter of walking with her hand outstretched, ripping each and everyone out of place as she walked casually through. She could sense that she was close, one of the Jedi sat at the controls, the cause of the problem...

-------------

Uie'Sha stood confidently behind Strider, not getting in his way though ready to support him should he need it. His ears picked up suddenly as his attention was drawn elsewhere, Juhn-Kai's friend Faroid was injured and he sensed something foreboding heading in that direction.

"I must help our friend, his life is in danger..." he knew the old Emukiel would think him a coward for running away, though he valued saving anothers' life while more than capable jedi dealt with the Sith.

His alien-esque legs carried him at speeds impossible for a human, leading towards the security section, he only hoped that he could get there before the dark presence.

-------------

The last door ripped away painfully, Asa let loose a slight sigh as she walked up to the Security room door. Before she could open it, another being came up suddenly, a Half-Bothan Jedi skipped to a halt and activated a white lightsabre. She couldn't place it, he seemed familiar.

"Uie'Sha?" she asked, feeling a slight pang of shock.

His eyes went wide as he realized who she was, his four-digit paws clenched on the lightsabre nonetheless.

"Stand down, it is not your time..." she stated melodramatically.

"Not this time Asa" he mocked her name openly.

"I do not wish to destroy you, though you are in my way and this must be seen through..." she was being honest for what felt like an eternity, Uie'Sha had adopted a Vapaad stance and prepared to engage.

"Don't..."

With a piteous roar, Uie'Sha charged her... A wave of Asa's hand sent him flying into the wall, she gripped his lightasbre and destroyed it. The half-Bothan was no novicewith the force, he was able to knock his opponent down with a strong push only to have himself batted aside again as she fell.

They both climbed to their feet and met with palms flat as if on opposite sides of an invisible wall, a strong gust resulted from the whirling maelstrom of force-energy that surrounded their duel, Uie'Sha was yelling defiantly in a single-toned shout.

Asa's eyes began to glow once more, countering his impressive efforts and skidding his padded feet across the stone floor. Bringing his paws closer together, his push became an orb of energy which she countered, forming into a shere of purified force-lightning between them.

With every muscle tensed, Uie'Sha began to shake slightly from over-exertion while his aquaintence stood placidly, pushing him further and further beyond his capabilities. As his final gasp sounded the end of his ability, the orb collided with his chest, releasing a small shockwave... Uie'Sha's lifeless body fell in a crumpled heap before Asa.

If could she remember how to cry, she would have...

A clap came from the shadows as Uie'Sha's body slumped to the floor. A man stood there, stepping out of the shadows and revealing himself to be Emukiel who had followed the young and rash half-bothan probably without a word of his leaving to the rest of the group either. Without a word, the Weequay stepped next to Uie'Sha and knelt down, looking at him for a moment. Another clap of his hands together, aftewards which he placed his palms on the half-bothan's body and a surge of blue energy surrounded the two. It released a dark presence into the area as the ancient Jedi Master tapped into the Dark Side for strenght, something nobody should even try without causing himself to fall to it's presence. However, as life found itself back within Uie'Sha's body, the Weequay swiftly stopped. He would explain this later if the half-bothan was willing to listen, but now was not the time. He was only barely aive now and would have to use much of his will to keep this newly given life from slipping from his body. There were two wounded jedi in the vicinity and Emukiel looked back up at Asa.

The Jedi rose up and stood straight, facing the woman and smirking silently for a while before taking out his lightsaber. However, the jedi looked at his surroundings and another smirk came on his face.

"So, do you wish to meet your doom at the hands of a lightsaber or the force?" he asked simply, not even igniting his lightsaber yet as he waited for Asa's decision. If she would try the same trick of destroying his lightsaber that he did with Uie'Sha's, he was ready to return the favour on her rib cage.

"So that is what you have reduced yourself to Umbar? I thought you'd at least have enough common sense not to join the Seren after what we once talked about," Orpheus heard, looking up he noticed someone he hadn't seen in quite some time.

"Ah, Ol' Juhn, how nice to see you, how long has it been? Two...three centuries?....And what was it that we talked about? As I seem to recall, in everyone's books, I'm a sith, and those in those people's books there's nothing more reduced, or lower than a sith," Orpheus said in smug sardonic retort.

Orpheus turned his attention back to the man at hand, who replied to something Orpheus said earlier, "my arrogance is backed with confidence, I assure you."

"I have no doubt, but you mistook what I said on account of your age, you look young, but I know your true colors, or at least as much as you want me to know about you....not that you want me to know anything, but I'm not ignorant," Orpheus replied to the man.

"You heard the lady, it's time to tango, maybe if you've got some skill I might spare you," the man said, getting into a ready stance. "As the new challenger, I say it would only be polite if you go first. Make your move."

"Alright, Mr. Confident, my move is.....tactical standstill," Orpheus told him neutrally, only standing there leaning on his supposed walking staff a little more. "Now it's your turn," Orpheus finished, smirking a little to himself.

"Then prepare yourself," Strider declared, holding his lightsaber at the ready, he took off into a brief sprint at Orpheus and spinning his blade around him in a blue blur, to hide any indication of what his first move would be behind the fast moving blue blur. He began the fight with a sudden fierce, powerful swing, testing the man to see if he could even hold up against the Sith Hunter's sheer strength.

Asa stood staring at the aging man, completely lacking surprise she made a motion that imitated someone checking their fingernails though her hand was gloved. With a casual tone and without a sign of retaliatory action, she asked simply "Do you believe in a higher purpose or purpose as a whole?" her manner was disturbing yet was not as if she were about to draw whatever weapon lay underneath her thick robes and attack, she seemed to be temping the dark side in Emukiel though not intentionally.

Emukiel stepped forwards, raising an eyebrow and then grinning at Asa.

"I believe that a higher purpose is possible as long as it doesn't involve raising ancient sith lords from their graves" he said and glance behind her. The Equine jedi slashed his lightsaber across the control pad of the computer and then jumped into the airduckts, the droid following soon thereafter raising itself with the rockets. So the two were evacuated safely and they had locked the building into it's current shape, it seemed.

"I won't ask again, sith. Which way do you want to end this?"

"Why do you Jedi Insist upon fighting immediately, I fought this young Bothan here due to certain past allegiances, I have no quarrel with you... Also, my comment on the higher purpose refers to how I need see this step through, believe me when I say that you do too... more than that I cannot say but you might wish to interrogate Uie'Sha, he of all those who are arrogant like himself understands purpose as a whole over the higher purpose." she stated in an-almost contradictory manner, as though she was used to making others beg for answers. With that she turned to see if anything could be done about the obliterated security panel.

Asa stopped for a moment, without looking back she added, "and I am amused that you immediately align me to the Sith, my ties couldn't be any further from that, I assure you..."

"I am amused that you were to immediately align me with the jedi. I assure you, your assurance is worthless to me" he said and pointed the green blade at Asa. It would only require one good force push and the blade would stick out of the woman's back. But that would end all the fun Emukiel could have.

"You speak so freely of a higher purpose, yet you are nothing but an errand runner for the true leaders of this charade. Usually the most lowliest are the most extreme in their opinions. And this mongrel that's lying here. He's not worth my time" the weequay said before taking a step towards her.

"If you want to know of a true higher purpose, you should listen to me instead of your current bosses. The force is everything and everyone. When there is a higher purpose, it is the will of the force, not the will of some lowlife force-user like yourself. And for what I have felt in the force, it's will is not to make zombie sith to conquer the world for you. It will only end very badly for your part if you defy the laws of nature and the will of the force"

"We see eye to eye then... I thought Uie'Sha was the only one, I wish I could tell you, to ease your inquisitive mind... I serve the higher purpose, the Seren are only a stepping stone." she still didn't look at him, he was confident of a victory over her, a simple push indeed...

"I ask you to look past that which you see with your eyes and find the truth that lay beyond, not the stereotypical view of one who believes they know everything." the Jedi escapee had completely destroyed the interface panel, Asa expertly removed the external console and began to install a small APDA that she removed from her belt.

"Now I have been around long enough to see that one can never know everything, so you see that I am more than you believe. If I were as you say, then I would've drawn my weapon and died very quickly, but I did not so how are you to know how long I would last?" she drew back her thick hood, though her face was wrapped with a fine-cloth that masked her entire head, revealling only a thick dark-metallic wrap of hair that extended down past the fold of the cloak. She seemed quite peaceful, contently installing the device and rerouting power to the docking bay doors.

Emukiel threw the lightsaber at Asa, the force guiding it not to hit her, but instead the innards of the computer, cutting through many critical pieces of the computer. As he withdrew the lightsaber back into his hand, everything in the room shut down except for the lights. The computer was quite dead now.

"Stepping stones. Hundreds of innocent stepping stones" Emukiel mumbled as he shut down the lightsaber and clipped it to his utility belt.

"If the will of the force is with you, then I cannot disagree with you. However, I find myself thinking that before this is over, you shall see that your view of the will of the force was wrong" the Weequay said before walking to Uie'sha, raising him from the ground with the Force and levitating the half-bothan in the air infront of him as they walked down the corridor, vanishing from Asa's sight.

When Emukiel got outside, he indeed noticed that not only was his ship waiting for him outside with Feirod sitting on the ramp, none of the others were yet out. The main entrance was cut through by a high-powered laser beam that made a similar cut to that of a lightsaber. As Emukiel walked behind Uie'sha's floating body to the small medical section of the ship, Feirod joined him.

"I see you found my secret weapon?" Emukiel noted as he set the half-bothan on the bed and turned on the GH-8 meddroid, which was the latest from Chiewab Amalgamated Pharmaceuticals Company.

"Yes. The AI helped a bit, thought" Feirod answered and looked as thedroid moved in to take care of Uie'Sha.

"You don't kid around when it comes to medical assistance, huh?" the equine continued and got only the shake of Emukiel's head as a response before they left the medical area and went to the cockpit.

"I've never seen a composite-beam turret before. Where'd you get one from?" Feirod asked as they sat down.

"I found a crashed LAAT/i on Geonosis once. Took the turret and the reactor, then installed them on this baby" Emukiel explained as he started hitting switches.

"This is a good ship. The extra hull plating I've added on top and below the ship give room to hide lots of neat tricks. But now I think it's time to try and find out what's keeping the others. Sarge, scan the building for all lifeforms" Emukiel said and watched as a holoprojection started to blink in between the two, showing the building and then the lifeforms

Morbiöus opened his eyes. Val-Kan walked outside of the shadows again.

- "Those Ancient Jedi are proving to be a handful for Asa and Orpheus. I thought you said this girl had potential, nevertheless I have a few contacts still waiting to help out" - Val-Kan said and took a holoprojector in his hands, he covered his face with the mask and put on the hood. An image of three men in hoods and one big bluish alien stood there.

- "Marka, open the blast doors to our friends, seems they have fallen behind and we have a schedule to meet" - Val-Kan said and turned off the projector after Marka Ragnos nodded at him.

The installation suddenly shook as the Blast doors opened from the hangar. Marka Ragnos along with three other ancient Sith lords stood there concentrating to get the blast doors opened. Exar Kun, Freedon Nadd and Naga Sadow stood next to Marka Ragnos, all of them bearing the Seren Symbol in their right hands.

"Touchy..." Asa chuckled, pulling her APDA free from the scorched remains of the security console. "Apparently this is going to be easier than I thought..." she muttered to herself, sensing the presence of the four revived Lords.

She replaced the hood over her masked head and proceeded back to the docking bay, back through the desolated remains of the blast doors she had 'opened' and seeing the hangar doors being pried back, the groaning metal working furiously against the rigorous servo mechanisms that held it in place now that the power was deactivated.

Everything had gone to plan, the Jedi were engaged with the arrogant Sith Orpheus and that old Weequay believed her to be a mere puppet as with her Seren masters. Perfect she smiled to herself silently as she boarded the ship preparing for departure, hardly acknowledging the four Seren-Sith that followed behind her.

• 2 weeks later...

((Well Orpheus has not been around and it's been a whole week, so I guess Strider as a coordinator and vicepresident of this thread will decide what to do since it's his character and an absent player's))

((I suppose the generous thing to do would be to let him flee, to where I don't know, but that way it at least lets him stay in for another arrival later. I'm busy now though and it's already late, so the post will be forthcoming in the morning or within the next day or so))

((If this doesn't move on soon, I'm gonna have to drop out... sorry guys, got another project on the go, just finished the Wikipedia entry for the last one... Busy... Numerous other things such as Finding Job, Buying a house, the usual...))

((Honestly, with the way things are, theres only three or four people left on the roleplaying forum. My motivation to continue is dwindling, just to make it aware to everyone else. It's not personal to anyone, it's just lack of activity is not such a great driving force to keep going.))

The fight was brief, though intense. The blades locked and clashed, Strider's blue blade moving in a swift flurry around Orpheus, his own unique style being of nothing anyone had ever seen before. Orpheus put up a good fight, however was not a match for the thousand-year veteran Sith Hunter. Their blades clashed briefly then Strider forced Orpheus' blade to the ground and kicked to the side, knocking his hilt from his hand. He swirled around after the kick and drove his blade forward, running the blade through the Sith Lord's stomach. He deactivated the blade and hooked it on his hilt as Orpheus crumpled to the ground, dead. He raised his hands towards the remaining opponents in a threatening gesture and glared, daring any of them now to come forward to fight him.

((The thread starter can control it from here. My job was merely to remove Orpheus to allow the rest of the Jedi to progress.))

• 4 weeks later...

I have a character if that's okay.

"Why not Mara instead of Jaden? She was a Sith after all."

Alixe offering some stinging advice on hunting down the Sith

Name: Alixe Medcraft

Species: Human

Appearance: Her dark skin has paled with age, her green eyes are dimmer than they were and the hair that's growing back after she went bald is grey. Alixe bears the scars of many battles, including a cybernetic leg that she hates yet was forced to have after an incident on Hoth.

Homeworld: Deralia

Equipment: Believing that bigger is better Alixe uses a concussion rifle to get by the defences of the Sith. She also pack thermal detonators to drive ot the enemy and trip mines to spring ambushes.

Bio: Alixe Medcraft began her life of conflict as a member of the Trade Federation in the Old Republic, who she loyally served until they set their sites on Naboo. Upon hearing that the planet's queen was to be taken into slavery she defected, not agreeing with their methods. She helped fight against the droid army before continuing her career as a soldier. She would have liked Amidala to remain as queen but understood the reasoning behind stepping down and remained a loyal guardian for Naboo, loyalty that would be rewarded when Amidala, now a senator, was targeted for assassination. Alixe was sent to work with the Jedi in guarding her. While Obi Wan and Anakin protected Amidala herself Alixe was provided a Jedi Knight to watch over her, Aayla Secura. Using her skills as a sniper she provided overwatch for the senate as well as Amidala's Naboo retreat. When the Clone Wars began however Alixe was taken from the front lines, instead being used solely for defending where the conflict might spread. It was because of this that she was one of the last to learn of Palpatine's conquering of the galaxy, first learning of it when she heard of Amidala's death. A subsequent strike on Coroscant failed and when Alixe learnt the full details including the slaughter of the Jedi, she went mad. She made it her mission to hunt down, torture and kill the Clone armies, in fact even those in the Empire were horrified by the depths she would stoop to for revenge. Alixe was called back to Naboo to defend it from the Empire where she again failed, where she stewed in her anger until the Rebel Alliance came looking for her. Alixe thought they would be slaughtered but nonetheless agreed to help, eventually working with Jan Ors as a commando. She had her leg sliced off on Hoth and her days as a soldier, it appeared, were over. For a time she stubbornly refused to have a cybernetic one grafted onto her, but finally agreed because the opportunity was given to her to hunt down the Emperor's Hand, Mara Jade. Alixe saw this as a way of possibly getting to the Emperor himself and hounded the young Sith even after the destruction of the Death Star and Palpatine's death, even though she would later admit that her revenge against Sidious was complete and it was only to keep Mara from attacking the New Republic. Alixe still feels at odds with Mara Jade because of who she was, however she recognises the ill feelings within her and wants to be able to put them aside. Even though she is really too old and her body isn't meant to be fighting anymore Alixe still acts as an advisor and is willing to take up arms again given half an excuse.

Archived