Home

Jedi Knights: Masters of the Force (Rewriten)

Shana

Before Leilani could even ask, Strider held up a hand and answered, "Nope, not a word." He smiled at her aggrivation, as he knew she hated it when he knew what she wanted before she asked it. "She's like that. She won't let us know anything unless she's going to be arriving soon to tell it to us herself. It's just how she is. Consider yourself lucky. She only has habits of disappearing for a few months. I disappeared for hundreds of years. Imagine waiting on me, why don't you?" he said with a grin. "I've got some matters to take care of before the mission starts, you should speak with Lyla."

--------

When the two hours had passed, Strider came, well, striding out to docking bay right on time, which strangely enough, was unusual for Strider, who had a habit of making a fashionably late entry. Emukiel was always on time, however, and Strider wasted no time in walking straight up to him and with a jesting grin, said in a seemingly argumentive voice.

"So what if I'm bored again, old man? I'll have you know it's an honor for the Academy to have my free time!" he said with a grin. Emukiel knew all too well Strider was joking, and before he could answer, Strider returned to his normal tone.

"Activities have been quiet lately. I need something to do, you know how it is amongst us youngsters," Strider said with a smirk. He was four thousand years old, looked like he was twenty five, and still called himself young.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Horus finished walking around the academy he went to the docking bay. He of course made it there quite early.

Just when something exciting happens time slows down. he thought to himself. He hated waiting for so long

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Horus finished pacing around the docking bay when Strider showed up. He quickly made his way to the ancient Jedi Emukiel who Horus knew more about.

Horus walked up to where Strider and Emukiel were. He heared Strider say something

"Activities have been quiet lately. I need something to do, you know how it is amongst us youngsters,"

Horus came from behind Strider and said plainly "Count me in. It gets too boring around here"

Horus waited for the responce in hoping he hadnt interupted something largly important

Strider nodded, "Alrighty then, three bored folk getting ready to embark on a trip of amusement and entertainment!" he declared with a grin.

"Okay, so maybe crazed Force fiends aren't quite amusing or entertaining, but it's certainly a lot livelier and eventful than this place," he admitted. He nodded politely at Horus, trying to make him feel welcome amongst them. He knew that he had not spent much time with the more established members of the Jedi community, and figured that now that he would be going on a mission with them, Horus deserved from the group to accept his talents with open arms.

"Mission?" Leilani echoed. "I've not heard of..." But Strider was already gone. Leilani frowned thoughtfully and finished her sentence to the air, "... any mission in the works..." She sighed and headed off in search of Lyla. Though she'd been gone for three weeks, Leilani was always eager to go traveling again in hopes of possibly seeing Reibe somewhere in the galaxy.

Lyla had just finished up packing her things which as a matter of fact weren't that many, only her datapad, her lightsabers, and a few thermal detonators which always came in handy. She then walked out and almost bumped into Leilani. Lyla was taught well by Master Skywalker so by now she was able to sense the purpose of Leilani's search for her.

- "We need all the help we can get Leilani, are you sure you're not too tired from your voyage?" - Lyla asked.

Lyla looked at Leilani and then reached into her robe pocket and took out her datapad, showing her a fragment of video which showed a couple of men dressed in black robes with blacklight sabers.

- "These men were spotted on Serenno, the locals have been attacked by them and they are to afraid to find out what they are doing there. Master Skywalker wants us to go there and investigate, if we encounter oposition we must not attack until we are attacked" - Lyla said.

Horus was glad that he didnt upset Strider. He then thought of something very easy and time consuming.

"Well I know something we can do. First we need to find a ship that can take us there. Then we have to prep it for take off"

Horus hoped that they werent using an academy ship. It might be spotted very easily. He was a very good pilot himself but they still needed a competant ship.

"Okay Strider what ship are we going to use to get there?"

Emukiel gave a slight chuckle at Strider's comment on being young.

"When seven thousand years old you reach, look as good, you will not" he said and gave a very Yoda-ish laughter.

"I miss that old bugger" the Jedi then noted and smiled quite warmly at nobody in particular. Yoda had been a good friend and they could speak of the younger generations for hours at a time before stopping to take a break and flex their old joints.

"The Ragnarok, I presume. And for what my experience tells me, it doesn't need prepping" Emukiel said to Horus' question before Strider could answer. The Weequay had stood there for now twenty minutes in the exactly same position, his legs spread out slightly and his cane in the middle to support him from tipping over while his eyes were closed. There was a large astromech next to him. A very ancient yet well updated T3-series droid to be exact. The droid rotated it's head to look around before beeping a few times and dropping it's owner's baggage on the floor. It wasn't much of a baggage really. Just a small bag that had some essentials in it as what Emukiel had learned in his long travels is to always be prepared and to trust nothing anywhere. The weequay merely grumbled at the sound of his bag being dropped,even if he didn't make a move to punish the droid. The Jedi merely stood there, his eyes closed and concentrating on seeking longevity in the Force once again. He needed roughtly half an hour per day of pure meditation to keep the Force from not giving up on his body and so causing it to crumble into a pile of ash or something similiar.

Leilani looked troubled at the sight of the blacklight sabers. "Blacklight?" she said softly. Looking up from the video, she told Lyla, "Reibe once told me that blacklight sabers are far stronger than your average blade. In a saber lock, the blacklight stands the chance of shattering a standard blade."

She shrugged. "Think as long as we try to avoid locking sabers with them, we should be alright... but that's gonna mean we'll have to fight fast... acrobatic." She grinned. "Not a problem for me, but... some might not find it so easy."

Then, she nodded. "Yes, Lyla. I will join the mission." She smiled. "Never been to Serenno."

"Well so we do have a ship. Lets hope its not a typical academy vessal."

Horus looked at Emukiel then at his droid. He had heared of the ancient and obsolete t3 units. But he had never seen one before.

"Nice droid. Whats its name?"

Horus became strangely curious of what Emukiel had done over the years. From what he heared he was older then Strider.

"Oh, the Ragnarok is quite different from your ordinary academy vessel" Emukiel chuckled as he opened his eyes and glanced over at Strider and then at Horus who was glancing at his droid. With a glance over at his own side and at the droid, the Weequay smiled slightly before responding.

"T3-Q7" he answered in a short manner and glanced back over at Horus, sencing many questions in his mind

Lyla smiled back at Leilani and put away her datapad.

- "Great, glad to have you onboard. We can fight that way, fighting with two lightsabers requires a bit of acrobatics. And our companions are powerful combatants. We'll be alright combat wise...I hope" - Lyla said and the walked in the direction of the hangar - "We'll be in the hangar, we must go now so if you need anything to take with you now is the time".

Lyla then entered the hangar and surprised Horus who was deep in thought about questions from Eki's past.

- "Eki's got some great stories to tell, maybe he'll give us the pleasure of telling us about his voyages during the flight" - Lyla said smiling at Emukiel.

OOC: I am hoping that my character can help Pilot the "Ragnarock"

IC:

"well now. I hope we have everyone. Because I am anxious to leave. By the way when are we leaving and were is the "Ragnarock?"

Horus was even more impatient to leave. Mainly because he had the chance to leave Yavin finally and it was taking so long. Plus the fact that he could finally leave Yavin on a respectable ship this time unlike the white maggot ships that stained the galaxy

((Hehe. Welcome to the world of Star Wars Roleplaying sub-forum. The Ragnarok looks something like this, if I remember correctly))

"Calm down, young one. We are still missing one" Emukiel told him and looked around the hangar, indeed missing Ragnarok. The Jedi glanced at Strider before smirking.

"You left the cloaking device on again, didn't you? Anyways, if I remember where Strider usually parks it, it should be over there" he said and pointed his cane towards an empty spot between an academy ship and Skywalker's ship.

"And about the stories, we'll see..."

After that he straightened himself up properly, stepped so his heels touched each others and swung his cane at the droid's head. The droid beeped, picked up the bag and then whistled, annoyed by the hit it got from the cane. Normally the temperamental droid would've thrown the bag away and started to bump against the Weequay's leg annoyingly, but taking that they were leaving for the first time in months, the droid decided better not ot it might be forced to stay in the moist and cruddy place it so hated with it's every servo and weld.

A few moments later, Leilani entered the hanger with a small bag of her own in one hand. With her long, dark cloak over her shoulders, she almost looked like a holo-projection from the past, an image of a Jedi from the old Order before the Purge. But the similarity was only noticeable from a distance, for as she drew near, the black leather battle armor beneath the cloak was visible, a thing which no Jedi of the old Order would have ever considered wearing.

"I am ready," the young woman said, joining the group. With a grin, she held up her bag. "Didn't even unpack."

- "That's the beauty of being on the road all the time, when another thing turns up, you're already packed" - Lyla said smiling and went to the Ragnarock which was still invisible.

- "Nice cloaking device Strider, if it stays invisible it might prove a challenge to get onboard" - Lyla said to Strider with a small grin.

"Well a cloaking device on your ship. Thats something you don't see everyday"

Horus himself never saw a ship with a cloaking device before. He was suddenly excited since this was a revolutionary experience for him. He had never been so excited to go flying before

"So now that we are all here I propose that we board the ship now. Unless we have anymore business here at the academy."

Strider looked at Emukiel.

"Hey, Alsie, Saffy, whatever the hell they're calling you nowadays, lemme brag about my own ship why don't you?" he said with a grin.

"Yes, the Ragnarok is a state of the art craft modified entirely by myself. As for where it's parked..." he muttered a curse about Emukiel under his breath. The Ragnarok uncloaked exactly where he had predicted.

"There it is." The boarding ramp lowered on its own. "Everyone aboard. I need a co-pilot, because I get bored more than usual over long flights. Any volunteers? No you can't fly Emukiel we'll crash into space debris with your dusty eyes, and I heard your landing Leilani, so you're out of the question. Anyone ele?"

Horus called to Strider when he heared of his chance to fly a ship "Strider. I can fly any ship. Can I help?"

Horus was still going over the magnificance of the ship in detail. It was far greater then he thought it would be

"But I dont know exactly where our destination is. But I can help you take

this ship there"

Horus himself had gone through a few space battles unscathed before. This would be a walk in the park

- "Well Horus, the navigational system can point us to Serenno after all it's a charted planet. In fact it is one of the richest planets in the Republic" - Lyla said having read and studied Serenno since Luke talked to her about the mission.

- "We should get going" - Lyla said as she went inside the ship.

Kyle walked up to the group with his stuff perfectly packed.

- "Hope I'm not too fashionably late. I'm not much about making an entrance. So let's get this show on the road" - Kyle said as he noticed Emukiel.

- "Emukiel? Wait don't tell me you're going too?" - Kyle said and got onto the ship - "I guess Skywalker doesn't know Emukiel is going".

Lyla turned to Kyle and smilled.

- "You know, I think he does but he doesn't mind" - Lyla said.

"Don't be kidding yourself, Strider. The Ragnarok is an old piece of junk that just runs more smoothly than the new models. I bet the Force is the only thing keeping it together and keeping it running" the Weequay noted before grumbling something at the Sith Hunter's next comment.

"My eyes may be dusty but I bet I could outmaneuver you even with an S-100 Stinger" he murmured before looking at his droid and nodding towards the Ragnarok. The astromech grabbed the bag tightly, beeped and then hurried off for the red ship just as Kyle entered and made a surprised remark towards Emukiel.

"Or then Skywalker will just have to notice when my next class complaints about my disappearance. Now scurry onboard, youngsters so an old man can try if he's still any good at Sabacc" Emukiel said and swung his cane in a wide arch, only nearly missing Strider's head and then starting to walk towards the Ragnarok. The steady clack of his cane against the floor was a constant beating as the old man leaned on it to 'keep his balance', even if he rally didn't need the cane. He just thought the cane was a rather elegant thing to carry around so he could make his age noted as well as hit someone's head with it if someone acted stupid enought.

Horus began to walk up the boarding ramp after Emukiel. It didn't matter the ship was new or not. What did was that it wasn't an academy cruiser. It did look very old but still looked like it was newer then any ship he ever saw.

"I cant wait to fly through the galaxy in this thing"

Horus walked into the ship and called to Strider

"Hey Strider. Where is the cock-pit? I want to start her up"

"She starts up on her own, just strap yourself in," he said, jerking his thumb towards the cockpit and shooting a playful glare at Emukiel. Strider was an ace pilot, as any Sith Hunter could testify, however his preference for erratic evasive maneuvers gained Emukiel's opinion that Strider simply did not know how to use the sensitive controls.

"Yeah, we could use the autopilot, and then watch as these Sith or whoever they are pick up our predictable destination route even while cloaked. No, we're going to do this manually. Horus, verbally tell the computer to start the ship up and it'll get going, and if you think you can handle the ship's controls, go ahead and take us out of the atmosphere, but don't go punching any hyperspace coordinates in until I get up there," Strider instructed. He was hoping this kid would be careful with his beloved aircraft, but then again - it was the Ragnarok, and if it slammed around in the top of the hangar a few times from the sensitive controls, all it would do to the ship would scratch the paint.

He shot his eyes over to Emukiel, "This entire ship has been refitted, and constantly too. There is not an entire part of this ship that is the same as when I bought it, save for the Artificial Intelligence, but even that has been upgraded to the latest software to ensure maximum efficiency. My ship on Autopilot could outmaneuver your S-100 Stinger," bragged Strider with a jesting grin. He loved his pointless arguments with Emukiel, just as he was sure Emukiel enjoyed them back. It passed the time between the two men and provided substantial amusement.

Orpheus smirked at the man sitting before him, "you forget, Morbiöus, I was at many of those events myself, or atleast saw them take place, you forget how old I am, you forget that I know of your actions on Serenno."

Orpheus knelt, using the long shaft of his spear saber to keep his balance as he came eye level with the man. "I guess I am the competent one you speak of for helping your people retrieve the DNA of Dooku and Sidious...well, I guess I accept the job, but I'll need two things, one of those rare, and snazzy black lightsaber crystals your people seem to carry around, and the garentee that your little minions will follow my authority on Serenno, with that, you will gain my, competant, assistance."

Orpheus' smirk grew wide and chilling as he held his hand out towards Morbiöus.

Archived