Home

Jedi Knights: Masters of the Force (Rewriten)

Shana

Leilani laughed at Strider's insult to her landing. "That wasn't the landing you heard," she told him. "It was the landing gear... and well after I'd landed, too."

She boarded the Ragnarok and found a place to stow her bag.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Even a pathetic stock S-100 Saber could outmaneuver this heap of junk. If you manage to get me one, I'll prove it to you too" Emukiel noted before taking his bag and kneeling down to his astromech. He gave it a small locator and then switched his tracker on.

"Go back to my ship. You know the regular procedure. And don't screw up this time either. Activate Sarge if you need to" Emukiel said to his droid before the small beeping thing scurried off the Ragarok and towards Emukiel's own ship on the other end of the hangar complex. As the ramp closed, the Weequay stood up, grunted to himself and straightened his back. After a short walk, he sat down next to the dejarik table and smirked.

"So, who's gonna try their wit against me?" he asked with a grin on his face

Horus went up to the cock-pit. He sat down into one of the seats and began to feel the controls. They looked very well done and much better then his own ship. He quickly began to strap himself into the seat. He heared he needed to start the ship verbaly.

Verbaly? Not ignition codes? Well this is more hightech then I thought

He saw a headset and placed it on his head. Carefully minding his horns.

"Okay. Start up?"

Horus patently waited for the ship to do something.

Horus could hear the engines roar to life in the back of the ship, the computer chimed in with a soft female voice.

"Engines activated. Controls are on manual."

A green light activated on the panel, giving him the go-ahead to take manual control if he wished.

"You may now begin manual flight procedure."

------

Strider shrugged, "You've never seen this thing maneuver in a real dogfight. I only fly it to appear unmaneuverable to cause the enemy to underestimate my craft. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to check on my co-pilot to make sure he doesn't put a new sunroof in Luke's hangar," he said with a laugh, and walked into the cockpit.

"Having fun with the technology?" he asked, pushing a few buttons on a touchpad screen in front of the pilot's seat, bringing up some status screens, then taking a seat.

"Controls are standard from here out, however, flight controls are a bit sensitive. I have them that way for a reason, which if things get bad later, you'll understand why. Now, ease the ship out of the hangar and let's get going," he instructed.

Lyla smiled at Horus and then looked at Strider.

- "You should have told him how to start up the ship" - Lyla said and walked up to Horus.

- "Initialize Flight Controls" - Lyla said as she remembered it went something like that on most verbal start up ships, though Strider was very special and maybe a command that long could be tiresome.

===============================

Morbiöus chuckled and then gave a small laugh.

- "I must admit that your 'intimidation' techiniques are very good, sadly they fail to sink in. Even the janitor of this installation knows of my actions on Serenno, everyone knows what I want them to know. The Seren Brotherhood operates from the shadows, it has been a function we have performed ever since we separated from the Jedi and we have gotten exceedingly good in it. Xendor was a man I could manipulate that i why the first Schism happened. You actually believed the man was capable of doing everything by himself? Ha! Of course not, Xendor could not see beyond his nose. As long as he listened to me he was victorious but as all dark jedi and sith he becae overconfident in his skills and the obedience of his followers, it ended up in his death. Every single event in history has been carefully planned by me for the future, a future long awaited by us, the Seren Brotherhood" - Morbiöus said and then with the force he placed a black crystal in Orpheus' hand.

- "My 'little minions' will follow you as long as you stay the course, otherwise let me assure you now, they have more training than you could hope to achieve and should anyone stand in the way of our goal, we will destroy them. You see were not like the Sith who battle each other for control, we unite under a goal, we devote ourselves to ideals and work together, what threatens one of us threatens the whole lot of us. You are a Sith and as long as you continue to believe that you are stronger than anyone, that you can take on any jedi because of your knowledge of the dark side, then you will die like all the others before you. When you wish to open yourself to an ideal and achieve the level for you to take on the galaxy, not by strength but by intelligence and learn the patience to attack silently and strategically then there will be no oponent that will be able to stand against you. But first you must recognize that no enemy as weak as he may be to your perception is ceases to be a threat. Every enemy is a threat, only through wisdom can you be over your oponent and even then, overconfidence is a weakness" - Morbiöus said and pointed him to a shuttle.

- "That shuttle will take you to Serenno without any problems, but do report on your status when you arrive" - Morbiöus said and then stood up - "In your years as a Sith Lord you have learned that failure is unforgiveable, and with the Seren makr my words, it is exactly the same but success is deeply rewarded".

Morbiöus began to walk until he left the room.

"All right then."

Horus who could ease a spider out of its nest began to slowly lift off as he heared much of the ship roar to life. Soon the ship itself was rising up into the air.

"Okay. Time for landing craft."

The landing craft soon followed. Soon the Ragnarock was up in the air.

Horus breathed a sigh of relief. Soon there was just going through the hanger and out of Yavin.

"Okay now time to get out of this hanger."

Horus began to move the ship forward and soon the ship was hovering out of the hanger

"Strider. You want to help with getting this ship out of the atmosphere?"

Strider grinned. He decided he'd give the kid a little show.

"Emukiel, buckle your seatbelt back there, I don't want my accelerators to blow you to dust!" he shouted over his shoulder, then put his hand on the throttle lever ((OOC: think like an airplane, but cooler looking, just because Strider likes to feel cool by jabbing forward on something to make the ship go fast :p)) and thrust it forward only halfway. The engines roared even louder and the ship didn't miss a beat, and rocketed away from the Academy into the sky. He let go of the controls and offered to Horus with a hand gesture to take the controls if he wanted to give it a spin. "You can take us right on our from here. The Ragnarok'll just cut its way through like a hot knife on butter. Just don't soil yourself, I know it's a beautiful ship," he said with pride in his ship.

"Right then. Anyway ive soared through space before so I know the feeling."

Horus looked over the navigational system. Sure enough he finally found some hyperspace coordinants.

"Well. Lets jump to hyperspace. I want to get to Serenno in style"

Horus punched in a few codes as he began to move the ship into a more appropriate position.

Name: Uie'Sha

Species: Half-Bothan Human

Affiliation: Dark-Force Defense teacher at the Massassi/Jedi Temple on Yavin IV

Appearance:

from Wikipedia:

"Bothans are portrayed as bipedal dog-like humanoids in appearance, averaging less than 5 feet in height, Their physique is ideal for spying; as a result, covert ops and political machinations have always been valued in their culture."

Being only half Bothan, Uie'Sha has more of the appearance of the modern idea of 'anthro-canine' characters, not so much alien, if you'd like a picture, I specialize in drawing that style :)

Equipment: Dark grey traditional robes that is lighter than his darker-grey fur, Deep-Brown leather utility belt with standard silver-bladed lightsabre.

Lightsabre Style: Master of Soresu and Yoda's 'Form Zero', studying Vapaad (or at least what remains of it after the death of Palpatine and Mace Windu)

Bio: Uie'sha was born into a family of strong Imperial supporters in the former system of Alderaan, (his father was Bothan and his mother was Human) only to later move to Coruscant not three months before the planet was annihilated by the Emperor's Death Star Regime.

Bothans were always considered neutral though due to her upbringing she was raised to hate the rebellion. As was part of the Empire, all children with force powers were removed from their families at early ages, although his parents pleaded for him to be raised as a servant of the Empire and use his untapped potential to aid against the tyranny of the Rebel alliance. A former handmaiden of the Emperor's silent apprentice Mara Jade was assigned to train Uie'Sha in the use of the force, where he was found to be quite focussed even at such a young age.

The connection between Uie'Sha and his young master grew quite strong as they both became more and more fluent iwth the dark side of the force, eventually the connection grew into passion and the two fell hopelessly in love.

They continued their service to the Empire and completed many 'diplomatic removals' of key personnel from opposing systems. Time passed and their love grew ever stronger, Uie'Sha and his master-turned-wife concieved a child though tragically both the child and mother died during birth as they had done their best ot keep it a secret and attempting to birth the child without trained assistance.

The experience changed Uie'Sha, he lay down the mark of the Imperial order and set out to find exile from his own grief. By accident he was discovered by the Rebellion on their way from the Battle of Hoth, quickly warming to the friendly nature of these free individuals, Uie'Sha joined the final assault on the Empire, piloting an A-wing fighter in the infamous 'Rogue Squadron'.

Uie'Sha now middle-aged teaches Dark-Force Defense at the Massassi/Jedi temples on Yavin IV, he is reputed to be short tempered yet very wise and powerful in both the use of the force and the lightsabre arts, he stands in some people's eyes as Master Luke's Rival, though the two became close colleagues. His choice of words to label himself would be more accurate at Grey-Jedi as he never learned to completely control his emotions although he is very well respected for his neutrality.

Homeworld: Alderaan

Class: Something between Watchman and Master, balanced yet quite adept at teaching.

((Hey Miracle XD Seems active over here :) Mind if I join your little game?))

Orpheus got up, staring at the over explanatory man as he left.

"Dear, dear, Morbiöus....how naive, even now infront of my face. Even now you grow arrogent and you know it not, if you assume, even now, that your, 'minions', are more capable in knowledge and training, then how mistaken you are. Have you forgotten who I am, Morbiöus, for when you were young I was yet, very old..." Orpheus spoke softly to himself.

"...But I have pledged my services, have I not? So I will do what I must, for now. But if you assume to suplant me from my station, because you 'think' I am sith, along with the other sith, than more destruction and wrath will come upon your head than you have seen in a long time." He vowed silently, turning and heading towards the shuttle, rolling the black crystal in his hands as he thought to himself.

He stepped aboard, the loadiing ramp closing after him, and the shuttle taking off imediately. He took out his ancient and strange saber, that seemed almost like a sword hilt. Removing a few components delicately, he placed the crystal in a spare position in the hilt, then he closed it back up.

He activated his saber, the odd black blade humming to life, it seared with energy beyond most saber crystals. He flicked the blade off, placing it within the folds of his cloak, hidden from sight.

'You have a janitor, Morbiöus?' He thought to himself, chuckling lightly at the thought, as the ship slipped into hyperspace towards Serenno.

A grey figure sat silently in the corner of the Ragnarök, the comparatively-young 'old' Jedi preferred to remain silent as they approached jump clearance from the planet, although only the Masters aboard sensed him as it was natural for a 'Grey' Jedi to mask his presence.

Uie'Sha spoke up for the first time, Lyla tried to hide that fact that she was startled to only just realize he was aboard, "This old scrap-heap certainly gets up and goes, how long would a flight aboard this flying chop-shop take us to reach Serenno?" he asked Emukiel; the Half-Bothan, self-proclaimed 'Grey Jedi' was infamous for his lack of niceties and blatant remarks on everyone's thoughts, especially when addressing colleagues.

At the other end of the hangar complex, a ramp lowered and clanged against the floor. The old astromech boarded the large ship painted with a sandy brown and blue color scheme that extended further on the lot than any of the ships around it. Even the freighters were slightly shadowed by the 70 meter Delaya-class courier. It was another remnant of Emukiel's past which he once salvaged from retirement, rebuilt it and then modified it partly with the Jedi Order's funds. Taking it was a time of war when he started rebuilding and modifying it, it was easy to get funds for the project. As the ramp clanked shut and locked into place, the droid went to the nearest computer link. Out popped a small scomp link arm that it connected to the computer with and so activated the older model male AI with a deep voice and a more precise line of commands.

"Good morning, Q7. Checking ship condition an preparing for takeoff" the voice said as the astromech beeped and detatched from the computer link. It rolled forwards down the corridors before ending up in the cockpit where it plugged in once again.

"System check complete. Engine check complete. Fuel check complete..." the voice continued for a minute or so before starting to end the list:

"No errors found within AI model SAR-63 'Sarge'. Repulsor drives activated and autopilot established. Landing gear retracting. Sublight drives and hyperdrive warming up" Sarge continued until the large ship started slowly moving throught the hangar and for the outside world. Two minutes after the Ragnarok had left atmosphere, the older ship left the academy and started ascent into space.

"Removing non-essential systems and calculating route for Serenno" the AI notified and the astromech contributed to the calculations. The sublight drives kicked in and forced the ship further into the dark space. A whole five minutes later than the Ragnarok, the ship was ready to launch. Of course, this ship had no hurry and a lot of other things to prepare than the Ragnarok as Emukiel had programmed the AI as energy concerving as possible.

"Calculations complete. Coordinates confirmed and hyperdrive engaging" Sarge notified before the 0.4 hyperdrive informed of it's silent excistance by kicking the ship into hyperspace.

------

Emukiel had sat quietly as the Ragnarok sped off. He had picked his stuff up and placed them inside a vacant cabin before sitting back at the lounge. He picked up a small device from his utility belt as he leaned back on the chair. The device gave a short beep as Emukiel watched it and then slipped the device back onto his utility belt. His ship was ready and starting to follow them. At the half-bothan's quetion, the Weequay just smiled quietly. He was still amsed by the looks of the very odd looking creature. What wondered hi mthe most was how had a bothan managed to mate with a human, taking their sexual organs were different at least for his knowledge.

"Well, I would say it has a 0.2 hyperdrive or faster, so I would say rather swiftly. Especially if Strider wants to take it up a notch"

((And just so you know. The Ragnarok is indeed with an o, not with an ö like the place in Scandinavian mythology. Also, as a sidenote towards your species, how the heck did a Bothan and a human manage to get your character? Now, I'm not sure and do correct me if you know any better, but aren't two completely unrelated species usually uncompatible. Now by what I know of biology, you can mix an ass with a horse and get a mule, but at least they have the same ancestors way back while a human and a bothan don't. Shouldn't that make it quite impossible for them to have a child? Even if they had similiar sexual appendiges, the embryo wouldn't develop even if the egg cell wouldn't reject the bothan sperm. Could be please explain to me all this without giving the usual "this is fiction" story?))

Horus moved the ship to a more appropriate place. Then he unbuckled himself from the seat.

"Strider. You take it from here. Im betting you want to jump to hyperspace yourself."

Horus walked out from the cock-pit. He decided he wanted to find out more about the people he was going to be working with. He needed to be on first terms if he wanted to survive a mission.

Horus went over to where Emukiel was. However he was startled to see someone else was talking to him. It was a strange Bothan. However he never saw someone like it

"Am I interupting something? Strider is about to jump to lightspeed so buckle up"

(Lol that is a really good question indeed and I would suspect it has no real answer unless you claim what in Star Wars is said to explain everything that seems impossible "Through the force everything is possible", but we all know Star Wars breaks many if not all laws of physics and what not but welcome Aliies I missed you old bud :) )

Lyla buckled up into her seat.

- "Serenno here we come" - Lyla said.

==============================

Morbiöus walked out and met yet another figure, a man with Silver with dark hair and a scar under his left eye in the form of a cross. The Man had on his back a cape which covered two of his four robotic arms.

The man known as Morbiöus vowed to this man.

- "My Lord Val-Kan, Orpheus has no idea that you exist" - Morbiöus said as he removed the mask, and with it he removed the silver hair wig.

- "Yes I know Korgan, you still fail to suplant me, your words indeed sound arrogant. He is interesting, it almost made me laugh out loud when he said, when you were young I was old" - Val-Kan said chuckling at the end and then sighed - "I was already old when he wasn't even born. You must continue to suplant me, keep them guessing, even as powerful as Orpheus is, he cannot tell about me, my power to cloud judgement surpasses even Plagueis', I will now head into the room of revival, and bring back the Sith Lords of the past".

Korgan looked up at Val-Kan, who was the real Morbiöus and frowned.

- "But wouldn't bringing them back be a threat after they fulfill their duties?" - Korgan asked.

- "Of course not my dear old friend, yes it will be difficult to erradicate them but not impossible. They will challenge each other in the end and destroy one another, this has been the way of the Sith for milleniums, I know this, I have been around since before the time of the Jedi. When Juhn-Kai Even emerges which..." - Val-Kan said as he chuckled in the end then he continued - "...he will. I want him to be lead right here, there is much he and I must discuss, old arguements that require settleing".

- "What about Orpheus master, isn't he a threat?" - Korgan asked.

- "You said it yourself, every enemy is a threat. I for one am not worried, his threats are empty to me, no training nor experience he could achieve ever in his lifetime would prepare him to deal with what is to come, he is arrogant as well. He is not Sith nor Jedi, he stands in between, that is why I put up with him. But when he becomes a liability he will be removed, all those who have claimed to be immortal and with powers beyond any have tasted the steel of my blade. I will die when the force calls upon me to die. Yet I will not die until me and Kai Even engage in battle, the force has revealed this to me" - Val-Kan said.

- "Should we keep a close eye on him?" - Korgan asked.

- "No, Orpheus will continue with his duty, I have forseen it. Keep an eye on Strider Flamehart and Emukiel Al-Saefar, both of them are on their way to Serenno with other Jedi and Kyle Katarn. Also this girl who's with them, Lyla, she will lead you to Kai Even" - Val-Kan said and returned to the shadows.

Korgan stood up and was ready to leave the room when Val-Kan's deep voice was heard again.

- "Kai Even is important, send Tulak Hord to Serenno, he will keep Flamehart and Emukiel busy, failure is not an option Korgan".

- "Yes master" - Korgan said as he left the room.

((I hate that answer))

Emukiel nodded in compliance at Horus' notice byt didn't buckle up. He had chosen a seat facing the same direction as the cockpit so even if there was for some reason a kick in the jump to hyperspace, which there usually wasn't, he wouldn't be bruised. The Weequay looked at Lyla and grunted quietly to himself.

"If you think Serenno is exciting to see, you should've seen Katarr before Nihilus got his hands on the planet" he said quietly and leaned forwards, getting support from his cane.

After hearing Emukiel's smart remark about Nihilus the Sith he read about. He noticed he didnt buckle up. So Horus decided to go back to teh cock-pit and see the ship jump to light speed

Horus sat back down in the co-pilot's seat. The ship was gliding through space but it had not yet gone to light speed.

"Okay. I will make the jump to lightspeed. Its not that hard since I can see a way to do it."

Horus punched the coordinants back into the computer. He immediatly began a few preparations. Then after a few minutes of proper calculations on the galaxy map the ship was ready to make the jump to light speed.

"Okay then. Lets go to Serenno"

All Horus needed to do then was jam the hyperspace switch forward. But he decided to see if Strider wanted to do it.

((As I always say, you can't spell RPG without PG, let's keep the nitty-gritties out of the equasion for the kiddies, otherwise I could easily describe exactly how he was concieved but that would break my own rule :) And don't worry, I like answering intelligent questions, nice to see someone besides me who studies every detail :D ))

Uie'Sha felt a little ignored as no-one had anwsered his question, he also didn't like it when his seniors sat there wondering about his physiology, he didn't need to read the ancient's mind to see that. His sensitive nose couldn't help but notice a perculiar smell of barely-maintained oxygen scrubbers and stale pipe-smoke, or at least what he hoped wasn't Spice, for the owner's sake.

Instead of recieving an honest answer to his honest question, he folded his fur-clad arms and leant back in his seat, trying to ignore the gaze of the ancient master. Uie'Sha wasn't very adept at meditation though was skilled at focussing his thoughts nonetheless, absent-mindedly unholstering his weapon and spinning it a few centimers above his four-digit-palm, making it dance and whirl around for something to amuse himself with as he hated these long rides aboard starships, he was one to believe that two paws were born on the ground and there they should stay.

"Okay then. Lets go to Serenno" the young Horus exclaimed from the control-blister, Uie'Sha hastily buckled his crash webbing and proceeded to dig his claws into the armrests in preparation of the jump; lightspeed made him queezy...

((Uie'Sha is something I came up with the other day, I'm still working on his character so this is just preliminary :) Not exactly the most conventional Jedi, wouldn't you say? XD ))

OOC: Okay Horus making the jump to lightspeed here

IC:

It was always very exhilarating to jump to lightspeed. But for Horus he always loved to use the hyperdrive. But flying in a new ship and using the hyperdrive excited him very much.

High-ho silver...

Then Horus jammed the hyperdrive's switch. Immediatly blue lights streamed past the ship as the Ragnarok flew through lightspeed.

Horus could see a vortex of light as the Ragnarok flew through space at breakneck speed.

((Terracentral, you should slow down a bit. Strider's a busy dude so he can't have the time to do everything, but you should still give him a chance. At least by not doing everything yourself when you could just say 'and then the ship jumped into hyperspace', which also gives Strider the chance to react later on to the situation even if he would be late))

Emukiel rose up after they entered hyperspace before looking at the still funny looking half-Bothan creature.

"You're a pathetic force-user, you know that?" he asked in a very rhetorical way befor walking over to him and giving a slight smile.

"You have no patience, no skills in meditation and still you are told to match Skywalker, possibly the greatest Jedi since the glory days of the Old Jedi Order. Now, if I'm right in my deduction and calculations, the only thing you should be good at is that with a lightsaber. I've heard you have tried to learn Windu's slow, more powerful Vaapad" he noted before glancing around a bit and raising a hand up towards a door in the distance that led to a training room.

"Care try it out against a true master of Vaapad?" the Weequay asked and nodded towars the open door. A very slight, mysterious yet menacing smile was dancing on his lips as the old man wanted to test if he was really as rusty as the younglings had told him.

Strider nodded as Horus did this, he didn't seem to have a problem with it, as he was occupied with other matters on the panel. The ship made a weird noise while in Hyperspace, and while the others thought something had happened, he got on the intercom to explain it to anyone who was unfamiliar with his ship.

"The ship just went into stealth mode, don't worry. I know it sounded like we just dropped Emukiel off into some space debris, but assuming he's still there, no worries, nothing happened. Now if he's not there, well, then we'll have a moment of silence to commemorate his annoying presence," he said in a jestful tone on the last bit. He informed Horus that he was free to walk in the ship while in Hyperspace, as the Ragnarok was very stable even while moving at incredible speeds, and got up and went to the main room of the ship. The Ragnarok was large for a starfighter, and had various rooms along the sides of the main hall of the ship, where everyone was seated, and he approached them just as Emukiel made his challenge.

"Hey, don't be doing that in my main area, I'll have to clean the scuffs off you guys' boots. There's a training room for that right over there," he said, pointing to one of the side doors. "Yes, my ship has a training room. The Ragnarok has about everything, I can live in this thing, and I have before. That's why it's decked out the way it is, so make use of it all. Just don't tear it up, it's expensive to maintain, and my wallet isn't as infinite as some of you," he said, looking at Leilani, whom often tried to go through him on deals to repair parts of her ship that would fall apart, "like to believe," he finished with a slight grin, to let her know he was joking.

"Why do people keep calling this damn ship old?" he said, referring to Uie'Sha's comment earlier, which he had heard. "The paintjob is new, every part and piece of this ship is state of the art and custom made, can't find half of this stuff on the market because I have it privately made, yet somehow you guys can still tell it's old. What's giving it away? tell me guys!" he asked with a slightly complaining tone, though those who knew him knew he wasn't really making a huge deal.

"We have several hours until Serenno. I'd go faster, as Master Milky Way over there mentioned, but then the Sith would pick us up moving that fast, even while cloaked. It's easier to detect the signature of a fast moving bullet than it is a slower moving, invisible ship."

"And that, it seems is the reason I claim to be 'Grey', I am not 'pathetic' as you claim but there are many things unreachable due to the impatience bourne from my time as a dark Jedi, in casual situations I have difficulty controlling emotions and the like but I can assure you..." his eyes had relaxed now that the brief acceleration-turbulance had subsided, "...When both my paws are on the ground, that is when others claim I am a match for Master Skywalker. I personally don't belive that as he has mastered himself not only the force, my control of the force is comparable to his though I don't see it as a competition."

Dark eyes bore into the playful sight of the Ancient master, to an observer it would seem that he was trying to read his thoughts though it was his way of being honest, "And to answer your question, I prefer not to practice Vapaad outside of hostile situations as I have dedicated myself to both Soresu and the art of 'Form Zero'; I live my life by defensive means in order to let go of my past misgivings..."

In the prescence of the wizened gaze of Emukiel Uie'Sha felt like a novice youngling, to live so many thousands of years his wisdom alone could bring the darkest of hearts to their knees. Much like a youngling, Uie'Sha averted his gaze, although his elder was playing around, the comment 'Pathetic Force User' cut him deep...

"If you are seemingly so willing to duel, I cannot refuse a veritable lesson from someone of your skill..." with that the Half-Bothan stood on his hind legs, treading softly to ensure his feet wouldn't be misplaced; an old phobia about spacetravel...

"Also, meditation techniques don't detirmine skill with the force, yet another negative trait of having been a so-called 'Sith'. I can do far more than lightning tricks, I assure you..."

((As you can see, he is not the most practical of Jedi, but I've almost completed his character mindset... Along with lightsabre and force ability, one of the bonuses of a vivid imagination and novel-writing skills :D not to mention all the Starwars RPs I did with Miracle))

"I never said meditation skills equal to those of your force powers. However, they are linked very closely together and without the other, you can't exceed in the other. Peace here" he said and pointed at his head before continuing; "is not the same as peace here" he finished and moved his hand down to his chest where a heart was beating a quiet, steady beat.

"And do believe me, your lightning tricks are nothing compared to your potential. I come from a time when the Jedi were warriors bred for fighting in wars instead of negotiators, so you can find much of me that you would not in the typical Jedi either, even if I refuse to call myself Dark or even Grey" he noted before making way to the training room.

"And Strider, beware of your mouth. I might just close it for good the next time I'm bored" the Weequay said and smiled before entering the training room.

When eventually Uie'Sha entered the room, Emukiel dropped the heavy robes off of his shoulders and revealed a very dark brown tunic with shoulder pads and some decoration which could not be seen in the tunics of the Jedi at the ending days of the Old Jedi Order. The man grabbed his lightsaber, looking like it could be used as a weapon even before it was ignited because of it's sharp edges and detailed curves that only an archaic lightsaber had.

"Make your move... Vaapad wannabe" Emukiel said as his dark green blade ignited and glowed a shade darker than those of the other Jedi of the end days of the Old Order as well. His blade was ancient and worn throught many battles and still glowing strong beside the Weequay master

Moving his palm out flat, his sabre whipped into his furred paw though he didn't ignite it. "I'm not too sure you were listening to what I was saying just-exactly..." he couldn't help but smirk, "There are many forms of meditation, I meant that I have never been able to sit cross-legged on the floor like most well mannered Jedi ever since my first crimson lightsabre, and also that I don't use lightning tricks, I think you need an audio implant... Old man..." he said in a playful tone, the silver edge revealed with a spark of entertainment, the chance to learn from one of the ancients was truly a blessing, though he had a few things to show learned from his short life.

With the blade in his left paw, he positioned it over his left shoulder pointing across his back though level in the air. His free arm held up in front almost as if he wielded an invisible shield, the style combined with his Right leg bent slightly forward with a straight left leg behind, it looked oddly like a made-up form, something a novice would do to try and impress a master.

Though unlike the usual patterns, Uie'Sha finally cleared his mind and silenced all uses of the force, allowing merely a whisper to caress his thoughts. The graying humanoid kept his heavy robes on as his powerfully-built frame was completely unhindered by the swaying material and would use it to his advantage and leverage.

Upon closer inspection of his form, it seemed an odd mix of Makashi, Traits of Vapaad with a strong influence of Soresu as he kept perfectly still, waiting patiently for the pile of animated dust to make the first move as the longer he took, the more time he had to read his actions into a concise study of the Ancient master.

His face was flat and determined, completely devoid of pride and personal desires, this sparring match would be quite the test of his novice-in-comparison abilities, though the young have been known to be more accepting to change and not so set in their ways; this was Uie'Sha's possible advantage.

Emukiel grinned at the mention of an old man and started to walk around Uie'Sha in a wide circle. As he went around time after time, swinging his lightsaber every now and then and causing a low whoom in the otherwise silent room. Finally, he stopped in the same place where he had left off and the smile that had until now been on his face disappeared. For a second, his eyes closed and the Force filled him, preparing he old body for what was coming.

"If I wish to teach you, I will teach you" he started before stepping forwards and taking the normal starting position of Shii-Cho. If you watched closely, his thumb reached for a small button hidden below a ridge on the lightsaber an the archaic form modified itself into a slightly newer style of a grip to counter the needs of the style he was using at the moment. You could see he was merely toying with the half-Bothan who was expcting to see his style and should be disappointed when the old master merely used a perfected form of something that is standard for all Jedi of the Old Order.

"Do not try to read me" he completed his sentence before suddenly launching an attack that was completely diferent from Shii-Cho. The blade formed a long tail behind it as it moved throught the air first in a large arc, then suddenly swinging around and thrusting straight at the dueling opponent's chest. It was an easy move to parry if you had enought wit to follow the blade instead of the tail. However, as Emukiel's blade was just reaching the man's range of parrying, it suddenly changed directions again and what first had seemed like a thrust now was a difficult pattern to follow ending in a stealthy swing towards Uie'Sha's neck. Even if it was blockable as the Master didn't show his true skills yet, it would be still hard for someone not experiened in faster styles of lightsaber combat

Archived