Home

Kyaa! Hello! And a question for the old oldies

Hello! I can't believe how many names I still recognise here! =D

Well, I didn't know where else to turn, and so in my hour of need I thought of this place. :) Good times, good times.

To business! Here is my dilemma:

So I just recieved in the mail a copy of my favourite old game, Star Wars: X-Wing (original 1993!) :)

However, it didn't come with any booklet or instruction manual, and I can't for my life remember some of the more important controls. U_U

Example: Which button will divert power from shields/engines/laser cannons?

How do I recharge lasers?

And most important, how do I configure my controls?? >_< Like, I want to set throttle up and down to be usable on my joystick...

Woo! Thank you for any help in advance... ._.

Anyways, yay, it's fun to see this place again! ^_^ If anyone wants to know what I've been up to, I got married <3 went to Japan for a year, now we live *way* up north where it's light like 20 hours of the day (hurrah!), and we're currently trying to get back to Japan, or somewhere else. ^_^

Thank you all so much if you can help me with me with my plight! ^___^

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm basing this off of TIE Fighter controls, since I haven't played X-wing in FOREEEEVER. I think the apostrophe and semicolon keys divert laser power to shields and vice versa. I vaguely recall the F9 key handling laser power allotment and F8 being shields. And as for that joystick thing, you'll need to set that in the options menu; it should be ESC or at the very least before you load up the game.

AND OMG LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <3 <3 <3

Hello, and thank you! :D Most of that info was correct. ^_^

The only thing I still need, is how to configure my joystic buttons to be what I want them to be... =(

The only Options menu that I can find looks like this:

XWingMenu.gif

and nowhere in there is an option to mess with your controls. =(

What do you mean config my joystick before I start up the game?? O_O

Oh, DSS, you posted as I was replying, too~! =D

How's it goin'?? ^_^

Um, que onda!? is that a phrase? =D

Archived