Home

OJP Bots

I was just wondering if someone could make it so bots used their skill points as at the moment bots never use force powers or guns. It would also be nice to have an upgrade to the cleverness of the bots but I know this is never going to be a particularly high priority compared with Hybrid balancing etc.

Yeah, they will distribute their skill points in the Force skills based on their bot file, but the bot file doesn't include anything about the weapon skills. However, this is fixable since bots do have weapon preferences, which could be converted into skill point selections.

Bug ticket the problem. It sounds like I just forgot about it.

How about getting rid of the whole 'forceinfo' variable in the botfiles and use the 'BotWeaponWeights' system for Force powers as well? The first two values of forceinfo are not really used anymore anyways, since there is a whole different skill system and you don't explicitly choose for the dark or light side either.

This is all just a suggestion and at the same time a guess, since I do not know if this is doable. However, if this will be done, I am always able to help with changing around all the individual botfiles.

• 3 weeks later...

i just posted a ticket on this. can you give bots a set of priorities to follow when spend their skill points? i.e. 1st priority weapon, 2nd priority offensive force, 3rd priority defensive force etc. i went into greater detail on the ticket.

thanks

tb

Right now, you can basically assign what their ideal/final skill selections would be.

However, if they don't have enough points in those skills, they fall back on the standard "you-don't-enough-points" behavior which attempts to remove skill assignments until the player isn't over their limit. Unfortunately, that system isn't the smartest, and it would be pretty hard to improve on it.

Archived