Home

A question from a Hopeless person

Tavion

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

Galactic Conquest is really a 2 sided affair. If the third faction was introduced, it could create problems with players stacking (2v1) making it difficult to win etc.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Don't give up hope though! Theres still so much more you can do. Especially if you check out some of the incredible mods that are out there

DMUK

Galactic Conquest is really a 2 sided affair. If the third faction was introduced, it could create problems with players stacking (2v1) making it difficult to win etc.

DMUK

I'm not so sure about that, Mr. Maul. I can understand that you have a slight trauma of two bullies ganging up on you and trying to cut you in two ;)

:aobi::mauls::ben:

... but I think this situation might be slightly different here ;)

Seriously speaking: isn't it already a potential two vs. one situation? Of course, the AI being as dimwitted and lethargic as it is kind of defuses the situation ... things could certainly get considerably nastier with three humans, but then again ... the general situation of the game can't possibly be a clear and balanced duel with three participants ...

Balance in this situation has to rely on careful maneuverings ... don't focus too much on one opponent, as this will only be to the benefit of the third party. Two against one would only be necessary if one player becomes to strong. In theory.

Of course things need not work out so cleanly ... in one extreme, the balance, the situation could degenerate into a tedious stalemate with nobody daring to make a move.

But, as I said, that's an intrinsic problem to a three player free for all fight. it CAN work out, however ... and is it really a satisfying solution to have the third player restricted to the AI just because it is too dumb to pose a significant threat? Instead, let's think of the possibily of a galactic conquest game where EVERY side is led by a (hopefully) clever tactician who does not need to cheat by getting ten times the resources of the other players ... and who is not manically bent on either spreading corrupting EVERYWHERE and sabotaging EVERYTHING ... (just as an example). Sure ... a three-way multiplayer game would take significantly longer, but I think it would be worth it. After all, the real fun comes from playing against humans, not AI ... even if it were clever.

Archived