Home

Force Unleashed question

Sorry I know this is the area for K3 posts but figured this little post wouldnt hurt.

Does anyone know if this game will be released for the PC? I checked LA website and they only mentioned "next generation console games". When they say "console" it refers to xbox 360 and playstation3 systems. Hopefully they make a PC version as well. It looks like it could be a good game.

Unless things change otherwise, Force Unleashed will probably be released only on consoles. And yes it is on the wrong place to post this, but even if it is a small question, you should post it in the correct place, just a bit of advice. Hope this answers your question.

Other than The Force Unleashed, it seems that LucasArts has another whole project that they are working on. And the more games being made, the less time they can spend on K3.

On May 2, 2007, LA had a press release that introduced their newest project: Fracture. This is a non-Star Wars game based on combat in which the PC can control the land itself and use it to his advantage through futuristic weaponry. It sounds cool, but it isn't a KotOR game. :(

You can read the whole press release here: http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20070502.html

Here's to hoping that K3 is still in development, even if there are other pet projects for LA's programmers.

It's not drepressing at all.

L.A. is creating another game thats not related to SW, I think thats good, they have to concentrate on Force Unleashed, also, they should take their time with K3, if they make it. Looking forward to Fracture, sounds cool. :D

I checked the Force Unleashed website just now and became sorely disappointed...

I thought that the game would allow the player to customize Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice and make the character either male or female. WRONG-O, and now that I've actually bought a PSP so that I can play the game when it comes out in 2008, I'm a little miffed. Sheesh. Even Revan could have been a male or a female depending on the player's choice. I realize that The Force Unleashed is not a role-playing game, but all the same, I still wanted the option to play a kick-Jedi-tail female Sith Apprentice...

*sighhhh*

At least when I write my first story about the Secret Apprentice, it will be MY story, and the Apprentice is a GIRL. *blows a big raspberry at the LucasArts dev crew*

Doesn't the secret apprentice break the rule of two and therefore make vader not a sith? He broke the rules.

I'd imagine that's why the apprentice is secret: it's against the established rules. :) Besides that sort of rules only carry any weight if the Sith believe in them. If Sidious suddenly would decree them no longer valid, who would stop him?

If Vader was planning to get rid of the Emperor and become Sith master himself at some point he'd need an apprentice anyway, so why not start early? :)

Maybe Vader knew that he couln't take over the Empire and defeat the Emperor alone, so he trained an apprentice to help him in his goals. (same as what stoffe said)

But don't you think the Emperor could have sensed another Force sensitive strong in the Dark Side?? Or maybe he though he was not much of a threat. 0.o?

Archived